ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To blur responsibility. Prior seemed to be going for the jugular of the LDS church. For his client, he wants to make the so called "cult" talk mainstream.

I'm not certain that the LDS church shouldn't shoulder a bit this. But I am quite certain that the rank and file of LDS believers are simply being good community members and could easily be offended by that defense. That explains Prior wanting out of Rexburg, but even in Boise everyone is or knows good people who are LDS. So I don't see how Prior's approach of "its not my client, it's your (or your friend's) church!" will work out.

Lori's team is okay with calling the belief system fringe. This makes Lori more a victim of cult- leader Chad.

But really- it's not relevant. If it's not Chad it's his church- still no one told him to kill. If it's not Lori, it's her cult leader, no one told her to be first deputy goddess. And if anyone told her to kill, which is possible, she knew better than to say, "okay, sweetie."

Additional responsible people are simply additional responsible people. They don't make the defendants less responsible.

MOO
Just to add that Lori Hellis says ( IDK if accurate or not) that L Blake & J Prior are the only two non LDS in the teams.
She didn't think Archibald & Thomas would be out to discredit LDS and a few other Idaho-based lawyers have said that A & T need to be able to work locally going forward ( Maintain a clientele on top of the PD work, after repping Lori V)

IDK what the strategy is - yes agreed, to make L a victim of a manipulator guru & show that others were drawn into his cult but also the Def seem to be attacking Chad a little now.
I wonder if there's been some further deterioration behind the scenes, between L & C?

Last edited:
Is the defense trying to play the 2018 podcast with Lori to introduce Lori's claims of her children being abused by Joe Ryan, portraying herself as a victim and a protective mother?
maybe

but I also thought speaking objections- or whatever proper name is - weren't allowed. aren't they meant to discuss this without the jury listening ?

ETA Gigi speculating...

maybe

but I also thought speaking objections- or whatever proper name is - weren't allowed. aren't they meant to discuss this without the jury listening ?

ETA Gigi speculating...
I think Lindsey Blake said it - they are introducing Lori's version without her having to testify. The prosecution opened the door by mentioning the podcast.

The judge allowed the first 40 minutes when Lori also speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member