ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it, Alex and Tammy died in similar ways. I also suspect there was a substance involved but have no idea what it might have been. But then we have a bigger problem. Chad and Lori were in Hawaii when Alex died.
i don't think that either of them administered whatever Alex ingested. Either he committed suicide or it was admministered by his wife Zulema. That's my opinion.

Anyway, Boyce is saying that it's state's fault for putting it in the indictment. IDK

Boyce is correct. The nature of a trial -- and it's fair that it is this way -- is that when one side or the other introduces x y or z as part of their argument, the other side is given the opportunity to respond. You can't say "We don't want you to respond with that" or "we don't want the trial to go there" if you open that door.

It works both ways, of course. Just like the prosecution opened a door for broader evidence in this area, that the defense then walked through, the defense could open a door for the prosecution at some point in a different area.

This is indeed the defense's route for a chance for Lori to speak directly to the jury in a way, but WITHOUT having to be on the witness stand AND without having to be cross-examined on what she says.

NOTE: There's some irony in the fact that the state objected that this was NOT made available to them in advance, and the defense points out, 'Yes it was, long ago -- but if you didn't listen to it and prepare, that's on you.'

Last edited:
Yes IDK how literally to interpret ' breakdown' ( actual mental health crisis or something else?)

Maybe they were recruiting vulnerable people?

Who knows? Anyway this part reminds me of the claims that she was 'ordained' in temple by Lori as one of the gatherers and that MG remarked about the heat she was feeling while Lori laid her hands on her. ( Think that claim came from Zulema)
Cults prey on the vulnerable …. and Lori was assuming a leadership role.

I took the prosecution's statement about "opening doors" as a warning to the defense that "hey, if you're going to put this podcast out there to let LVD make a statement without taking the stand or cross-examination, we can also use this as an opening to discuss Joe Ryan. Are you sure you really want to go down this road?"

Cults prey on the vulnerable …. and Lori was assuming a leadership role.
I heard a very experienced former FBI guy* say that the whole thing reminded him of a classic 'criminal enterprise'
Lori was certainly a king pin

Chad & Lori were going to make a whole lot of money & ambition certainly came into this.

In one of the HTC interviews - allegedly- Chad laughed that neither he or Julie did any of the food storage prepping, it was beneath them ( that was for the followers)

ETA.
* It was Robin Dreeke. Apparently he used to be 'Chief of the Counterintelligence Behavioral Analysis Program.' Just looked him up

Last edited:
Interestingly, Lori's former attorney was ready to blame the Church in order to save his client. (IMO
I saw that tweet.

Lori's former and current defense team desperately want to get Lori's mental health in -- that she has religious delusions because a cult leader brainwashed her. Lori tied the defense's hands on that front because she didn't want her mental state brought into this part of her trial.

In January Lori's defense team filed a notice of intent NOT to raise MENTAL HEALTH DEFENSE DURING GUILT PHASE OF THE TRIAL https://interactive.ktvb.com/pdfs/Vallow-Notice-of-Intent-Not-to-Raise-Mental-Health-Defense.pdf
"She does not want to proceed with a mental health defense to negate an element of a crime
in this case. She has not authorized her attorneys to proceed with a mental health
defense in the guilt-phase portion of the trial. Her attorneys are respecting her
autonomy and her rights granted to her by the Constitution of the United States."

I don't think Lori's "alibis" are going to cut it. Her defense team is literally defending her with their hands tied behind their backs if they can't present a mental health defense.

Strictly my opinion.

Last edited:
I took the prosecution's statement about "opening doors" as a warning to the defense that "hey, if you're going to put this podcast out there to let LVD make a statement without taking the stand or cross-examination, we can also use this as an opening to discuss Joe Ryan. Are you sure you really want to go down this road?"
It’s a dangerous road to travel though and IMO it just muddy the waters. iMO the JR stuff was historic and from what I remember nothing was proved in court. We do have Colbys testimony that that period of their lives was ‘Difficult’. In addition, she had been married happily to CV for many years. There were no reports of any DV (even by Lori) in that relationship. So I’m not giving her victim status.

IMO the podcast is just a case of one upmanship.

JMO MOO

This stuff is so familiar

preceding tweet: 'He talks about the struggling warriors in the Book Of Mormon. You have been called to the world. You have been listed to train the youth battalion. '
It's cult 101. Attract the broken people and make them feel like they are part of something bigger. That they can control their future if they do 'x'.

It seems like the defense has been trying to paint this picture of LVD as someone with strong and sincerely held religious beliefs -- which where are then, presumably, used by CD to manipulate her.

I'm not sure, though, that it does much more than clarify her motivations. (Or rather, how she justified the actions in her own head.)

It's cult 101. Attract the broken people and make them feel like they are part of something bigger. That they can control their future if they do 'x'.
and they are growing
Rick Ross said there are more extremist splinter groups now -across the world- that at any previous time

Rick Ross was interviewed about this case a few times recently

and they are growing
Rick Ross said there are more extremist splinter groups now -across the world- that at any previous time

Rick Ross was interviewed about this case a few times recently
He was on STS podcast recently and said that Lori was deprogrammable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper