GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the inmates will hate her.

I want to point out that most female inmates are mothers. Some inmates give birth and have to give the baby to relatives until they get out. Point is, women inmates are miserable being separated from their children and would give anything to be with their children. Imagine how they feel looking at Lori, this vain woman who just "threw her kids away."

Inmate's children are often the only bright spot in their lives. They put their photos up and can't wait for visitation with them, having video calls with them, getting cards/drawings/letters from them, and they enjoy bragging about their milestones, etc... Their children motivate them to turn their lives around and not come back to prison. Hard core tough ladies will melt when they talk about their kids.

The ladies will be talking about their kids right in front of Lori, and over and over Lori will be confronted as to WHY didn't she protect her own children? WHY did she turn on them?
There will be many names she will be called, none pleasant.

She will endure verbal harassment, not just physical. Sometimes verbal/emotional harassment is worse.

They know what Lori did, and the staff also know. Staff can make her time much more difficult.

There are many passive/aggressive ways staff react towards inmates who they can't stand.

2 Cents

I agree. But a lot of women are in prison for killing and abusing their own children, or other people's children. They are not all in solitary. LVD will find her "niche".

I want to point out that most female inmates are mothers. Some inmates give birth and have to give the baby to relatives until they get out. Point is, women inmates are miserable being separated from their children and would give anything to be with their children. Imagine how they feel looking at Lori, this vain woman who just "threw her kids away."

Inmate's children are often the only bright spot in their lives. They put their photos up and can't wait for visitation with them, having video calls with them, getting cards/drawings/letters from them, and they enjoy bragging about their milestones, etc... Their children motivate them to turn their lives around and not come back to prison. Hard core tough ladies will melt when they talk about their kids.

The ladies will be talking about their kids right in front of Lori, and over and over Lori will be confronted as to WHY didn't she protect her own children? WHY did she turn on them?

She will endure verbal harassment, not just physical. Sometimes verbal/emotional harassment is worse.

They know what Lori did, and the staff also know. Staff can make her time much more difficult.

There are many passive/aggressive ways staff react towards inmates who they can't stand.

2 Cents
I really xant

2 Cents
Really can't wait until she gets to the "big house", and I probably wish it were a different state.
Whatever.

His crass texts about burning limbs the day Tylee was killed and his phone call to the funeral home to get info following the death of Charles reveal his attitude. Not a victim but relished his role.
And there were worse texts, which we heard late in the game. Not to mention the pick axe and shovel. Oh, he’s going down.

I don't have a problem with the Cox family statement either. However I think the culture has had an impact.
Am repeating myself but two sibling psychopaths in one family appears unusual, at best. ( Alex & Lori)
We've also heard about the family trauma and mental illness around the other two deceased daughters.

Because we've heard from Summer during the trial and in that heart-breaking phone call, yes she seems to have come a long way. ( I can't tell with Janice & sovereign citizen Barry is MIA)
And the father was a piece of work.

In BB's case, MBP very likely produced his new Gilbert address to Chad and Lori, because she and BB's friend were the only people who had it. This trial revealed that MBP knew that two of her four children were labeled dark, knew what it meant and was resigned to it (though I believe she had been brainwashed). She was supposed to testify for the prosecution, but was disqualified because she (on purpose?) watched BB's court testimony.

This poor girl (who should go to prison if she is shown guilty of crime such as conspiracy for murder) was probably the most deeply brainwashed her whole life. It sounds like from at least the Cox side of the family, her story was always told by others to meet their own needs.

Not an excuse, but it appears to me she has been treated horribly her whole life.

It is even possible her mother was murdered by some of the same people that used her.

MOO

This poor girl (who should go to prison if she is shown guilty of crime such as conspiracy for murder) was probably the most deeply brainwashed her whole life. It sounds like from at least the Cox side of the family, her story was always told by others to meet their own needs.

Not an excuse, but it appears to me she has been treated horribly her whole life.

It is even possible her mother was murdered by some of the same people that used her.

MOO
Oh how I have often wondered if certain criminal minds started with Stacey ..

If she pocketed the million bucks from Charles, would she still kill the children? Would she contemplate abandoning them? She abandoned JJ before.
If 1,000,000 is good, adding 5-6k per month is only better.

It's not typical if the greedy to decide to forgo something just because they have enough.

MOO

Snipped:

"For the conspiracy and murder convictions, Lori faces anywhere from 10 years to life in prison. She also faces one to 14 years in prison for the theft conviction."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penalty
Idaho first-degree murder laws state that every person guilty of murder of the first degree must be punished by death or by imprisonment for life, provided that the prosecuting attorney files written notice of intent to seek the death penalty.

If the death penalty is not sought, the court will impose a life sentence with a minimum period of confinement of at least 10 years. During this the offender will not be eligible for parole or discharge or credit or reduction of sentence for good conduct.

I can't wait for the sentencing. We will see LVD in her new orange outfit, with matching silver cuff accessories. I wonder if she will give up the "yorkie poo" top knot hair do?! And the cherry Jolly Rancher lip balm? Her parents are probably putting in commisary funds for her.

My guess is maximum on all count. With enhancement on JJ's death, as a child under age 12, and with a disability.

If 1,000,000 is good, adding 5-6k per month is only better.

It's not typical if the greedy to decide to forgo something just because they have enough.

MOO
Yes, but by child murder the risk increased considerably. As it has been said before, if they only murdered the spouses, in their case they might have gotten away with it. While the police had clues about Charles' death, would they have pressed charges if they weren't pressured by other cases?

And the father was a piece of work.
and alleged to be a untreated schizophrenic ( In that Wilcox affidavit from the Cope's custody battle. (Iirc Wilcox was a primary president - incidentally like LV had been in Hawaii)

IDK if it's true or not. These things are like the claimed Al Cox brain injury. Unless it's a confirmed diagnosis & we can see that, I'm not setting great store by it.... but.... if it is true, perhaps it shows again the dangers of stigmatising mental health problems and treatment avoidance?

ETA As part of the sentencing report process, LV gets the opportunity to talk about her family background and how she was raised but I doubt she's the kind of perp who wants to lay it all out in the hope of some mitigation being, as she is, in the top 5% of the population ;)

Last edited:

MOO

Yes definitely sounded bad - Stacey's illness, death and her upbringing but I was confused on the details of how much time she spent with the Coxes regarding formative influences. (Janice, Barry or Lori)
In that Nate Eaton interview, which Hoosgirl linked to - page 34 of this thread? - MP's mum died when she was 9 and her father did most of the caring and had moved them away from Janice & Barry
It sounds like she spent more time with Janis around the age of 15

did she ever live with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads