GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a family has to process things, it is awfully hard to see a monster in someone you rocked to sleep as a babe, someone you nursed when sick. Someone you truly loved. I imagine first instinct is there is no way this is the person who did those things and like the stages of grief you have denial, anger and it just keeps coming. I do not hold the family responsible. They were adults who made adult choices. The family lost not only the victims but their sense of family. They owe us nothing and will probably suffer for many years/ rest of their lives.
The family has had a lot of time to process things. The children were murdered in 2019. They may not be responsible but they have never acknowledged that their own family members were brutally murdered and buried in a back yard. Killing my grandchildren and being involved in other murders and shady stuff would be enough for me to cut ties.

The family has had a lot of time to process things. The children were murdered in 2019. They may not be responsible but they have never acknowledged that their own family members were brutally murdered and buried in a back yard. Killing my grandchildren and being involved in other murders and shady stuff would be enough for me to cut ties.
my personal experience. I had an uncle who did terrible things and I still struggle now 8 years after his death and 40 years after his actions, I do not condone what he did, and he went to prison but it is still a struggle when a memory pops up and I find myself smiling, only to remember that he was a monster. I reached out for help to connect this person to my uncle I knew and remembered and there was not much. I imagine LVD started her manipulation skills at a very early age and her family will be thinking about that for a very long time.

The whole "pretty people = good" is why Lori could have a husband lying dead in her house, but only had to flip her hair, make a little joke, and law enforcement was on her side...even laughing along with her over the situation.

My opinion.
Exactly, which is why I feel no qualms about bashing a murderer. She's evil inside and out. No pity here for her. Hope she rots like an old hag.

Taking the back seat & spare tire out of the jeep & them putting it in her storage (on camera) ahead of time, burner phone communication(both LVD & CD) with Alex as he drove to kill Brandon.
Equals =premeditation & conspiracy to commit murder IMO.

Edited to add: and Lori & Chad CLEARLY seem happy planning a murder imo

Last edited:
I got the impression from the Mormon Stories interview..that Lori was a lot wilder in her younger days than I had thought. But still so manipulative. She sure pushed Megan around, and they were only one year apart.

My two kids and my sister in law's two kids are all born within a two year period....so our 4 really did grow up like 4 peas in a pod, so to speak. No power plays. But clearly Lori always had the power play.
Her power play to run off with first "baby husband". Daddy's power play to pull her back. But I think every one of her husbands before Chad were non-lds. Charles converted, but still she has a record!!
I kindof think Barry always was the powerr--but Lori learned from a master, and she almost had to keep defying him to show her own power....

just rambling of course, having so much fun with all this Cox family history.
Not it's very interesting.
So, potentially both of the older girls ( Lori and then Stacey before her) had the power, not either of the two sons.
Also, is it unusual that so many of their kids' marriages are not to LDS spouses?

I guess these sound like sweeping generalisations of all those in LDS but I just don't know enough about it nor about the Coxes & so I had assumed because Barry is the big ' scriptorian' as Megan described Barry, that he expected all the kids marry 'within' the church
Steve Cope was LDS, Charles Vallow converted, is that it? ( IDK the faiths of Alex's 1st wife or Adam's nor Summer's spouses)

Anyway, before this catastrophe, I can't imagine the Daybell kids defying or getting away with marrying whoever they wanted on a whim, because of Chad's tight grip.

ETA I am reading the thread 'backwards' so hadn't noticed you've already posted along these lines - that Barry is not typical.

Taking the back seat & spare tire out of the jeep & them putting it in her storage (on camera) ahead of time, burner phone communication(both LVD & CD) with Alex as he drove to kill Brandon.
Equals =premeditation & conspiracy to commit murder IMO.

Edited to add: and Lori & Chad CLEARLY seem happy planning a murder imo
It seems like Chad wasn't charged with anything in Charles' and BB's cases. Didn't he help Lori take the Jeep parts to the storage unit when Alex was on his way to Arizona to attack BB?

Great comment.

I can't imagine being in the position of the Cox family or Tammy's kids, for that matter.

I wouldn't say the family has no responsibility. But they have the right to take it privately.

If they take responsibility or do not is not necessarily public. And it is none of my business to check that they have.

IMO Summer has publicly taken responsibility. Megan has too, IMO.

Maybe others have taken responsibility under the radar.Maybe others have taken steps to ensure justice of which we are not aware- Summer had. Maybe others have taken steps to make sure there are no future victims. We simply do not know, and the families don't owe it to us to prove it.

(All the same, I understand and share the frustration and disappointment. Not saying I'm above the feelings. But I do realize that my feelings don't mean any of the players for whom I have them owe me anything.)

MOO

Just jumping off your post & don't want to do another long post but I had a skim through this old HTC last week, because posters were asking how the Daybell kids must be dealing with the evidence and also a few commentators had remarked that Garth hadn't testified & wondered if that will happen next year during Chad's trial.

caveat - show is a year old so but even still, John Mathias made some constructive comments about how hard it will be for the Daybell kids because of Chad's influence. He talks a lot about 'enmeshed families' and whether there will a divide in opinion among the kids.

Chad’s defense person is known for things.
My guess, someone thinks they are going to make a name for themselves with this case. The doppelgängers always look so bizarre (to me)sitting in court. Like he’s told CD to furrow the brow, stare straight ahead and look confident. Ha!

MOO
Yes I heard about that
Anyway, yes, maybe Prior is planning on writing a book? ( I just couldn't understand how the could fund his legal costs regardless of the Daybell property, he's been a LV's trial for many days already )

That's a good idea. Could you start one or submit request to do so?
I think it might be complex to have different threads because everything is so woven together, and the threads would have a lot of duplication along with requests to find links that are posted on another thread. Plus, it’s three threads for moderators to manage instead of one and they definitely have their hands full with just this one. IMO.

I think it might be complex to have different threads because everything is so woven together, and the threads would have a lot of duplication along with requests to find links that are posted on another thread. Plus, it’s three threads for moderators to manage instead of one and they definitely have their hands full with just this one. IMO.
I agree but they are different trials so will Chad's trial be in this thread as well
75 threads for a topic is quite large

Yes- that was very interesting. There are similarities between enmeshed families and cults.

I also gleaned some information I was curious about (but is none if my business, lol) from Heather's interviews on HTC. I thought Emma and Garth would be in the deepest, but Heather seemed to think Emma and Seth are.

Still, Garth is the closest witness to Tammy's murder. And he was very roped in. Moving a body. Calling 911.

Emma took on the job of discouraging an autopsy. The testimony in court makes me think she was silent and numb that Saturday morning, but did as she testified, discouraging an autopsy, somewhat later.

I got the impression that Mr. Gilbert (the neighbor who testified) was somewhat interested in the culty stuff- before it looked to be causing harm. I also think he was a church official that Heather said should have known Chad's theology and should have realized it would lead to harm sooner- but I'm just reading between lines of Heather's interviews.

I think it was Mrs. Gilbert who first told Heather that Chad was bringing around his new wife.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member