Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much to catch up on! I had to go to work today but I was able to watch the trial. Melanie Gibb is a Rock Star!!! I take back anything I ever said! I am going on Tricia's show tonight to explain the Book of Mormon references in Melanie's phone call with Lori and Chad in case anyone wants to know more about that!

Means will spend the rest of the week with Lori! Does the jail have a curfew? May have missed it but why no wedding ring on Chad?
I think Chad was hoping to throw Lori under the bus and claim innocence in all of this. His lawyer kept calling Lori “Miss Vallow”.
I guess you could say that all blew up in his face when the phone call was played. I’m sure Prior will go after MG hard tomorrow. I hope Wood has prepared her.

I’m not at all surprised he didn’t have a wedding ring on. I’m thinking he and Lori are likely over their infatuation by now. No more life insurance policies to collect on.

I believe he mentioned Garth, and then went on to say that the other children came to the house quite soon after Tammy had passed.
If I am remembering correctly he said all the children were there within 20 minutes of her passing. I thought he found her deceased in the morning. So was he sitting there waiting for her to die so he could call his children?

Because this isn't a murder case yet. (IMO)
I also think prosecution doesn’t want to open the whole Zombie can of worms, at least not yet. They may also be avoiding it because they anticipate will be used as a defense if/when the defendants are hit w/murder charges.

Melanie was all Zombie this and Zombie that in her media interviews so clearly the prosecution directed her to avoid mentioning Zombies today. Will be interesting to see if Prior brings the subject up tomorrow. Can he if it wasn’t mentioned in direct questioning? After the prosecution calls witnesses does defense have the opportunity to call their own, or is cross-exam the only chance Prior gets in the Prelim?

Means will spend the rest of the week with Lori! Does the jail have a curfew? May have missed it but why no wedding ring on Chad?
There is no reason he should not wear his ring. All functional and professional jewelry is allowed to dress for court.
MOO Means HIS defense is that he fell for the devil and anyway they all did it. I am a victim.

I wonder if there’s anything keeping Wood from referring to L as “Lori Daybell,” since it’s legal (right?!) and after all, she requested...

Cringe whenever I hear “Vallow.” Can only imagine how painful it is for Larry and Kay.

ETA: Prior using it: disingenuous IMO

Last edited:
I also think prosecution doesn’t want to open the whole Zombie can of worms, at least not yet. They may also be avoiding it because they anticipate will be used as a defense if/when the defendants are hit w/murder charges.

Melanie was all Zombie this and Zombie that in her media interviews so clearly the prosecution directed her to avoid mentioning Zombies today. Will be interesting to see if Prior brings the subject up tomorrow. Can he if it wasn’t mentioned in direct questioning? After the prosecution calls witnesses does defense have the opportunity to call their own, or is cross-exam the only chance Prior gets in the Prelim?
I was wondering the same about if Prior can mention zombies. If he can’t, I bet he tries his hardest to lead her into saying it!

So much to catch up on! I had to go to work today but I was able to watch the trial. Melanie Gibb is a Rock Star!!! I take back anything I ever said! I am going on Tricia's show tonight to explain the Book of Mormon references in Melanie's phone call with Lori and Chad in case anyone wants to know more about that!
How is she a rock star? She was a part of that cult. She lied to police. She had to know they had disappeared those children. So she finally tells the truth. Good for her. But a rock star she is not. And by the way, she left her own husband and four children for her boyfriend, David.

I wonder if there’s anything keeping Wood from referring to Lori as “Daybell,” since it’s legal (right?!) and after all, she requested...

Cringe whenever I hear “Vallow.” Can only imagine how painful it is for Larry and Kay.
Agree.
It's LD Lori Daybell from now on for me. Charles was killed trying to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member