Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess I think Prior is raising foundation to dispute potential DA claims Chad did not bury a raccoon in the backyard that morning as he claimed in his text to Tammy.

Your guess may be right, but it seems an objection born out of desperation. Has Prior not SEEN the very large dig that occurred in that area and does he think that photographs of that large dig will not come into evidence? If there were a raccoon along with the dog and cat, they'd have found it. LE had the text in evidence before they dug.

I think we are being a bit too hard on Wood. It's like the first day of school and he has not gotten his groove. There is SO much evidence to get out but he doesn't want to fire hose it. Also, prelims and trials are different. He wants to get the facts out because the judge doesn't want a lot of BS. Yes, there is a story to tell that the jury will need to hear because he will count on their emotions but the judge is simply going by the law. He will get plenty of feedback from others and sharpen up, even before the end of the trial.

While we're on recess I turned on the CourtTV live feed channel on my TV and it's far behind the Zoom live. Chad was smirking a bunch while the detective described him in his vehicle outside during the search. What is with the smiles, Chad? It's like he is reliving the moment in his head with pleasure. o_O:confused::mad:
MOO.
This is what is puzzling me so far - Chad seems unperturbed with the damning evidence being brought to light - like he is a zombie

I think we are being a bit too hard on Wood. It's like the first day of school and he has not gotten his groove. There is SO much evidence to get out but he doesn't want to fire hose it. Also, prelims and trials are different. He wants to get the facts out because the judge doesn't want a lot of BS. Yes, there is a story to tell that the jury will need to hear because he will count on their emotions but the judge is simply going by the law. He will get plenty of feedback from others and sharpen up, even before the end of the trial.

What difference does it make how many dogs and cats and raccoons he dug up?
You hit the nail on the head, IMO. It's about the text sent to TD concerning the raccoon. Prior is going to say that a raccoon could have been buried there if the entire pet cemetery.

eta: Heck, Prior can question the detectives and ask how they knew the dimensions of the pet cemetery. TD's sister was shown the pet cemetery. I guess that she could have physically pointed to it. However, Prior can still imply that it is a "possibility" that they missed the "raccoon."

Last edited:
After more soil removed, Hermosillo describes a black plastic bag with round object protruding through the dirt. He says ERT dug around the object which he believed was a head. After investigators cut through plastic, he says he saw brown human hair.

very graphic.. but explains quite a bit

Chad had seemed more nervously animated when the testimony related to Tylee than he did when it related to JJ (with respect to the photographs taken the day they were last seen). Now, Prior seems to be interjecting a bit more, and I'm not really sure what he's getting at with respect to the "whole pet cemetery," but I find it interesting that his increasing interjections relate to the recovery of Tylee.

Maybe I'm just reading things into it, but it sure seems Chad feels substantially more at risk in relation to the burial and recovery Tylee than he does in relation to the burial and recovery of JJ.

BBM

IMO it’s because Chad was the only one present during the fire & dismemberment of that sweet girl.
His one neighbor had definite dates of huge long fires, bad smell.
LE probably coupled that with Chads phone pings.
That one brave neighbor really helped is what I understand.

MOO

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1m
Court back in session.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 6s
Hermosillo describes seeing what appeared to be burnt flesh and charred bone in the ground. He watched ERT dig the remains out.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1m
Wood returns to the discovery of remains at the Daybell property. He asks Hermosillo about what ERT did at the pet cemetery.

Justin Lum
@jlumfox10 46s
The recovery went into the next day 6/10. Hermosillo says ERT was able to dig completely around the entire mass to reveal what they had to dig up.

I stepped away from the hearing for a moment but came back to the detective describing a melted green bucket with burned remains and a skull was found under the bucket. OMG. Poor Tylee! :mad::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member