Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior asks how deeply the remains were by the pond. Detective estimates 6 inches- they were very shallow. Then he asks about how deeply they excavated near the pet cemetery. The detective says he was not there at the beginning of the excavation of Tylee. Then Prior goes back to asking details about the pet cemetery... how big was it, what did the dog staute look like, etc.

I don't get this line of questioning at all....

Prior asks how deeply the remains were by the pond. Detective estimates 6 inches- they were very shallow. Then he asks about how deeply they excavated near the pet cemetery. The detective says he was not there at the beginning of the excavation of Tylee. Then Prior goes back to asking details about the pet cemetery... how big was it, what did the dog staute look like, etc.

I don't get this line of questioning at all....

My guess is that Prior is trying to establish that the "well-defined, well-established fire pit" and the "obvious pet cemetery" might be locations that AxC could have figured out on his own and used without CD's involvement. Whether any reasonable person buys that is another question entirely.

My guess is that Prior is trying to establish that the "well-defined, well-established fire pit" and the "obvious pet cemetery" might be locations that AxC could have figured out on his own and used without CD's involvement. Whether any reasonable person buys that is another question entirely.
IIRC AxC cell pings don’t line up with the time to do it.

Prior is pretty much showing what the dichotomy of a straw mans argument is. He can’t attack the substance so he misrepresents and attacks a position not taken by the witness.

Thanks for putting into words what I thought but couldn't think how to describe.

Now prior is asking how the detective knew Tylees remains were burned. He is asking if the detective has experience with this and the detective says he does have experience with smelling freshly burned remains. Detective says freshly burned flesh is an identifiable smell but these had been sitting out there buried for quite a while.

What the heck is Prior getting at!?! It like he is trying to hint that if the detective didn't smell the odor of burned remains then they were not burned at all. :confused::rolleyes:o_O

Interesting that the detective said Apt 175 was rented to AxC and Apt 107 (the vacant apt) was rented to Lori.

I missed. Are you saying that Lori's apt was under alex name, and alex apt was under lori name?

Sorry to ask, but thought I had this straight for a long time.

Prior is tipping more of his hand than he needs too. It seems he is going to argue that Tylee wasn’t burned on the Daybell property or one of the five neighbors would have smelled the burning flesh.

ETA corrected Defense attorney’s name

Last edited:
I missed. Are you saying that Lori's apt was under alex name, and alex apt was under lori name?

Sorry to ask, but thought I had this straight for a long time.
Yes, the detective testified that AxC was the renter of #175 and Lori of #107; however, Lori lived in #175 and, at least for awhile, AxC also lived in #175.

To me, residing in a unit different than the one formally rented for residence indicates premeditation and an attempt to mislead potential investigators (which AxC and Chad DID in fact do when investigators came for the welfare check... both AxC and Chad told investigators Lori was in #107).

I think Prior is going to try to claim the remains were planted on Chad's property by someone else without Chad's knowledge... There's no chance that is a believable defense. MOO.

As much as I think Woods presentation is weak, Prior has made no points of substance. His suggestions are not believable at all. He’s got nothing for this witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph