Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem the defence has is the same one we have discussed on and off for months now.

CD and LV never presented any positive version as to where the kids were - e.g. when discovered in Hawaii. To make matters worse, we now know they told witnesses they had sent the kids away / hidden them (the MG recorded phone call). Once the kids were found at Chad's it becomes next to impossible to present a positive story to explain all this given they concealed that the kids were missing by lying about it to LE.

IMO the only real game in town is some version of a cut throat defence where they blame Alex for everything - but that kind of means admitting that they were part of the conspiracy after the fact.

Otherwise you are down to very passive defences - e.g. maybe the prosecution cannot show LV was ever at the dig, and maybe Chad can argue the same.

I am not very familiar with local law, but elsewhere, effectively being involved in a conspiracy after the fact to cover up murder, is very serious - you are essentially a party to murder.

And we also likely will see evidence of prior planning.

So maybe the Prosecutor simply says - we can't say who did the murdering, but this was a joint enterprise.

This is before we even consider Tammy.

Agreed. I don't think they can blame Alex for everything and at the same time claim they weren't involved. Once Alex passed away, that option died with him as they didn't take any steps to report the children missing after his death. The only defense they have is that this is what the Lord told them to do.

Justin actually interviewed the woman in question (seemingly) in her home in Rexburg. Partial video of the interview:
Rexburg woman recounts encounter with Chad Daybell during flight to Mesa in September

It's weird that the woman's story has been later discredited. She was quite specific about Chad, mentioned his books, etc. Either she was an attention seeker, tried to give Chad an alibi of some sort (unlikely) or she made a mistake about dates (I assume she could produce a flight ticket to JL).

I may be wrong about that. Digging into it, stay tuned.

Just my 2, I really don't think Lori and Chad will ever turn on each other. They might allow their lawyers to throw shade, especially at AC and MG. But I think both lawyers are going to hit a brick wall when it comes to trying to get their clients to deflect blame onto each other.

I also hope prosecutors go for the death penalty. Jails are full of vulnerable people and I'd hate to see them spread their cancerous beliefs within.
They may not just because they have noone else left in their lives. So they can write love letters to each other and plot to get out together. Can prisoners call other prisoners?

Justin is a reliable reporter, so I don't know if it was really discredited, unless he couldn't find it verifiable later. She had told Justin, "[CD] said, I hope we can get this work done in the time that I have before I have to be back." She said he told her he planned to help a "relative in the Valley. . . who needed to remodel her home." Maybe he was building a portal for her? JMO
Justin could have been duped by a source here. I'll try to find his correction, although it might be among comments somewhere.

One source was Annie Cushing but I also remember Justin Lum stating something similar.

A credible source w/ credentials told me that flight never took place. It was a falsified story.
https://twitter.com/AnnieCushing/status/1277378579165327361

Who was Annie's credible source? A journalist? A police source?

That is so strange if they are claiming it is falsified.

The person on the plane mentioned things that sounded too specific to be made up unless CD hired her to claim all that.

Or maybe the witness had the dates wrong or something.

I hope at some point we get confirmation from LE whether this was even true or not. It is really strange if it was falsified story because it means another person would have lied to help CD.

LVD main goal was Money and being with Chad. When she didn't get her "million" her goal also became revenge.
I really think between her and Chad they made some wacky sacrifice love deal..he get rid of Tammy and she her kids. They were of no use to her any longer.
Kay got her "million" and she wasn't about to get JJ too. Ohh hell no in Lori's mind.
Jj or Tylee didn't fit in her new plans with Chad especially JJ.
I think Tylee had to go because she probably knew a little too much. They couldn't get rid of one without the other.
Alex I don't get...was he promised $$ or was he just a run of the mill Serial killer at the end of the day.

Lori and Chad that's all they are are well.

Last edited:
...She has always been a(n) monster. I can’t make my mind up how much CD was actually following or calling the shots. I'm back and forth on that every day. Again MOO
Chad is the one who assigned darkness and zombie statuses to Lori's relatives, to include her children. So, if this is the case, he is just as involved as she is.

This, IMO, was the perfect storm of two narcissists willing to do anything for monetary gain and lust.

Last edited:
They may not just because they have noone else left in their lives. So they can write love letters to each other and plot to get out together. Can prisoners call other prisoners?

No. They cannot even have contact via letters, unless they have someone on the outside who will transfer letters. Usually contact is barred by the judge for defendents accused of conspiracy activities in the same crime.

I keep thinking the don’t have enough for murder charges at this point, otherwise they would’ve filed them. It bums me out too. It seems crazy to just charge them with conspiracy to conceal. I mean, how did the kids die. WHY the need to conceal in the first place? But I’m guessing they just don’t have what they need to prove who, what, where, how. Everyone thought it was crazy here in Colorado when Leticia Stauch was arrested 2+ weeks before Gannon’s body was found. They have TR and JJ’s bodies and still no murder charges. I will be pleasantly surprised if CD and LR are charged with murder, but at this point, I’m afraid they might get away with it.
MOO

Could there be any positive reason to charge Lori with murder first?
They must have much digital data that includes texts etc, right?

I also commented on Chad’s tone earlier. He sounds so drugged to me. Like maybe he’s on antidepressants that are too strong. But after thinking about it I realize that Lori does not sound like she is bothered by his tone and therefore she must have heard this type of tone of voice from him before.

You may have something here. I think she sensed something was wrong from the beginning of the call. In my experience, the minute one of my kids call me and say hello, I instantly know if something is wrong, just by the way they say hello....thoughts?

LV: Hi babe
CD: Hello
L: are you OK?

Something weird that bothered me about the call LV made when they were searching CDs property, she seems to have some sort of need to protect CD. Why? What does that do? What could she do from jail for him? How entangled is Means and Prior? All jmo

i just think that after Chad talked to Means... She convinced Means she HAD to talk to him. Just like the calls to Melanie.... Lori comes in as the pollyanna positive one to "take care of chad"... seems like their roles..

@wenwe4 a question regarding LDS practices. Can CD's children get "unsealed" from CD? And can they get a posthumous temple divorce for Tammy from CD?

This is very important for folks who truly believe in the LDS faith, as Tammy is "sealed" to CD for "time and eternity". A horrible fate if CD killed TD.

Jails do not allow any type of jewelry. They would have confiscated the rings when he was booked into jail.
I wonder if Chad's feeling was all warm and fuzzy when he looked at the wedding ring that Lori purchased for him two weeks before his wife died using Charles' credit card. How special.

No. They cannot even have contact via letters, unless they have someone on the outside who will transfer letters. Usually contact is barred by the judge for defendents accused of conspiracy activities in the same crime.

JMO
I find it strange that the judge in CD's preliminary hearing did not do more when he learned that both CD's lawyer and LV's lawyer offices are in the same physical location.

The location of their offices was mentioned here and I am not sure if that is true or not but if it is then it seems like there is opportunity for the lawyers for both of them to plan their strategies together.

I suppose the judge could not do much about it until he learns of collusion amongst the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298