Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. That's because at the beginning the court has requested that the media not video or take photos of any of the exhibits entered into evidence. You'll notice occasionally as an exhibit is entered in sometimes the prosecutor will request that it be "published," in which case I believe the audio portion can be recorded and broadcast by the media, but still no photographic or video of the exhibits. JMO.
I think that it was clever move on Ron Wood's part to ask that media not be permitted. Now, the defense can't use that as a reason for appeal if his client is found guilty.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 14m
How calm Lori Vallow sounded on the jail call w/ Chad Daybell. He had just told her the FBI was searching his property for HER KIDS. I assume she knew the call was recorded but still showed no panic. Ending the convo w/ “Okay baby, I love you.”
Detachment must be one of her coping mechanisms. She doesn't let reality interrupt her fantasy world.

There's a little more to the call than that. Chad implies he might not be able to talk to her later (he knows he getting arrested soon imo).
ETA he also says he is glad she called, and she asks if she should pray.
Unbelievable! Still gushing “I love you” to each other under the circumstances! MOO
She asks, "Is there anything I can do for you?" Um, No, I don't think so - not from jail anyway! LOL
IMO

Just got home. Been gone all day. Before hearing resumes, can anyone tell me how MG did on cross examination?

And how did David Warrick do? Thanks so much!

It must be so hard for the family only hearing about new details from a prelim trial, i understand why LE have to hold things back but for a family member it must be so frustrating feeling like you deserve to know everything because its your family that were killed. I can't imagine how i would feel if somebody in my family was killed and the police knew more than they were telling me.
So sad all the way around, yet CD doesn't blink an eye during the gruesome testimony by FBI Agent Daniels. KW left for a while, and I can understand why in my opinion.

Was that another attempt to throw her under the bus, if MG admitted she didn't really like TR? MOO
The kids are dead regardless of MG's relationship with Tylee. MG wasn't even in Idaho when Tylee was killed. Both MG and Tylee went to police in January 2019 with Lori to support her against Charles.

Just got home. Been gone all day. Before hearing resumes, can anyone tell me how MG did on cross examination?

And how did David Warrick do? Thanks so much!

She held up ok but he got to her several times. Proved she was a liar. She was fidgety during his questions. Warrick I thought was unnecessary. Just corroborated MG testimony but he has a hearing problem and it gave Prior a chance to question it. He will likely imply he didn’t understand something correctly or didn’t hear it at all during a trial. Not sure he’s even necessary to call at trial.

WOW! Unbelievable. So let me get this straight. One can be in jail, on suspicion of murdering or conspiracy to murder one's own children and can call husband on a whim....

What a sweet deal.... Insert major sarcasm wrapped in disgust.

Yeah, the rules are pretty lax there. Or, they wanted LVD to have as much access as possible to CD on the phone, as they could record everything said.

As for Tylee's phone, not to be macabre, but the only way you get a teen girl's phone is to pry it out of her cold, dead hand. Believe me.

I think what was telling on the phone call, was Chad's insistence that Lori call her attorney. Now why would she need to do that if nothing was going to be found?
Exactly. His defeated mumbling tone sounded like he sure knew those kids were there too. So, I don't think he can use the I didn't know defense

It wouldn't surprise me. He also appears to insinuate that Lori and Alex were too close (aka incestuous).
I got that feeling too!!! He was definitely pushing the close sibling relationship to incestuous relationship. I agree they were creepily close but assumed there was abuse within their childhood that made them form that bond.

I also feel that Prior used his cross examination of DW to help discredit MG as that phone call she recorded could sway a jury. If I was Chad’s lawyer, I wouldn’t want that played in court. He lied about his marathon training wife’s health and that could come up in her murder charges.

I’m not a fan of Prior. He’s honestly confused. :p

As for the phone, with 60 + phones found this really doesn’t surprise me. It may have been Tyler’s phone but Lori could have easily switched the number to a new phone, the one she had in Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member