Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it verly likely that Lori would transport Tylee's body alone (in which vehicle?) to Chad's place and assist in digging a grave and burning the remains. Also, seeing another woman with Chad in his backyard would draw more attention than Alex.

That's a good point about "seeing another woman with Chad" drawing more attention than Alex's presence.

That concern might also account for the difference between who MG says was present at the property viewing (DW, MG, AxC, Lori, and Chad) and who DW said was present (DW, MG, AxC, Chad and realtor). Maybe Lori left when Chad was on his way with the realtor so she wouldn't be present and seen by the realtor.

My feeling is that it's better that friends and relatives who might be called to testify not speak out before trial. Sometimes the defense uses that to discredit witness testimony, saying they already showed their bias and that the case has already been tried in the media.

moo

I don't think this brother would be called to testify on anything. Seems as if they have been estranged for a long time. Just my curiosity eating at me about the family dynamics in the Daybell family. I am sure his parents are just devastated, but I assume there is collateral damage between his parents and the other 3 brothers too.

perhaps she's like a cat, leaving a 'present' for an admirer? Here you go babe. Love ya, byeeeee
I'm not if she could lift Tylee's weight by herself. My guess would be that Lori wasn't present for the drop off or the burial. Chad sent another text to Tammy afterwards that he was going to BYU to write. He probably went there to meet with Lori and tell her all about his eventful morning.

We did an experiment with this on our podcast last night. It was almost impossible to use the duct tape with gloves. I don't see how anyone could have used gloves with the amount of duct tape that was on JJ.

ha! ha! Thanks for this...... I was so tempted to go out to try it out as well! But I will take your word for it!

I'm not if she could lift Tylee's weight by herself. My guess would be that Lori wasn't present for the drop off or the burial. Chad sent another text to Tammy afterwards that he was going to BYU to write. He probably went there to meet with Lori and tell her all about his eventful morning.

And you know............ HOW MANY texts does LE have anyway............ Don't we assume he must have texted Lori at the same time!!! Do we literally have a treasure trove of digital data, or only dribbles and drips?

Nate Eaton - Reporter

A few updates on the Daybell case: - Today is Chad Daybell's 52nd birthday. Should someone on his list of approved visitors go see him, outside food and drink are not allowed to be brought into the jail. - Breakfast this morning was warmed up freezer breakfast meals. Lunch will be pot pies with a sandwich and piece of fruit. Supper is usually TV dinners. - Still no word on the status of Tammy Daybell's autopsy. As her death is part of an active investigation, it's unknown when or if results will be released. - Chad is scheduled to be arraigned next Friday, Aug. 21 where he will plead guilty or not guilty.

thanks for this little spoonful of mundane reality with our "patients".. (the meals sound like hospital food)

I am struggling to see how that particular meeting was relevant. Can someone explain please?

It helps establish the time line on the last weekend JJ lived. There is another witness out there,too, the real estate agent. And witnesses can testify if they noticed about Alex was acting. I would think that he would just about have to go have a looksee on Chad's property as to how the grave of TR was looking. JMO

I do just want to discuss one thing, and I know it was a poster from way way in the beginning. But I didn't think she was pro-Lori, I thought she was Pro-Charles????
Are we talking about different posters??
I remember two insiders (mothers of Tylee's friends) with opposing opinions of Lori and Charles. Only one might have been verified.

And you know............ HOW MANY texts does LE have anyway............ Don't we assume he must have texted Lori at the same time!!! Do we literally have a treasure trove of digital data, or only dribbles and drips?
The text recovered so far were from Tammy's phone. We learned from MG that Lori and Chad were using special phones to communicate. I hope that that evidence was recovered and is analyzed soon.

That's a good point about "seeing another woman with Chad" drawing more attention than Alex's presence.

That concern might also account for the difference between who MG says was present at the property viewing (DW, MG, AxC, Lori, and Chad) and who DW said was present (DW, MG, AxC, Chad and realtor). Maybe Lori left when Chad was on his way with the realtor so she wouldn't be present and seen by the realtor.

It might be "men's work." She seems dedicated to her "place." She just uses religious references to cover for what is a dynamic found in serial killer pairings of a dominant and submissive but where both enjoy it. The non-dominant one often provides the prey.

I have heard of this, but there has been no connection established between that prophesy and DW and MG looking at the property, so it seems entirely speculative that the prophesy was what motivated the property visit/viewing.

Oh, I don't know it was DW and MG's motivation but it likely is CD and LVD's motivation for it.

It's interesting to me because, if Chad HAD made such an investment proposal and DW agreed to look at the property but then refused the proposal, that proposal would have followed TR's demise by just short of 2 weeks and the defeat of that plan would have preceded JJ's demise by a day or days. It would also have preceded the attempted shooting of TD by less than 2 weeks and her actual death by 4 weeks.

That could be irrelevant, or it could be significant. CD and Lori had already lost an expected $1 million. With TR's hidden demise, Lori gained whatever amounts were still due TR from the funds set aside for TR by JAR and the balance of the life insurance proceeds due TR on JAR's life (the double-dip that MAY have motivated a murder of JAR). If CD hoped to get funding through DW and that hope was defeated, there might have been more motivation to kill TD to get those insurance proceeds and to kill and conceal JJ so as to gain the income related to him without any of the associated costs of his caretaking.

ETA: the part about the motivation to murder JAR

We will probably never know the answers to this one... but my thinking was some sort of "investment" possibility that they were talking about.... sortof a man thing to do, so you didn't have to sit all day in an apartment.

AND it does define a block of time that Chad was not out digging in his yard. I am assuming more phone pings will better define whereabouts that weekend.

even though, I would think the Hawaii destination was already in Chad's and Lori's heads.

Last edited:
The cell phone analysis of Tammy's phone?

We know that's usually the case, as a technical argument, but a jury would need something more than conjecture from an attorney to convince them someone else was texting Tammy pretending to be Chad, doing something on their property. As you said earlier, inferences can be drawn by the jury.

his phone,
in his own house,
texting his wife back and forth over the afternoon,
no police report from Tammy or Chad that someone had been in their pet cemetery and fire pit because Chad later denied it was him.

moo
Good points all, and betting Woods will cover all of them in cross-exam and closing arguments if Prior plays the “someone else sent raccoon text” card.

I do not think her family was devout at all, given the way they dressed in formal photos and other things they have done, nothing has shown them to be a devout Mormon family. Quite the opposite really. MOO
Seems as if her early upbringing was stronger mainstream LDS when she was growing up in CA. So I thought her folks might have been more devout at that time, when she was going to Church study each day etc.

I guess i just wonder why and how she seemed to be so steeped in scripture. Melanie mentioned that her house in AZ had bibles and scripture out all the time. (One of the Nate interviews).

My personal opinion is they have (or will have) a ton of digital evidence. The fact they have 60 burner phones to go through will be interesting as well. Take Tammy's phone for example. Without the physical device, they would would have never discovered the text from CD to TD. As I've said 20 times on here, the fact they actually had 60 burner phones in their possession just shows you how poorly their understanding of how to utilize them is. The FBI, NSA, etc...have very good resources for data extraction and will utilize outside sources when needed.

There's no indication that MBP was in Rexburg in September. When BB was shot at on October 2nd, she was in Arizona. He exchanged his younger children with her on the same morning before the shooting. IIRC the PI was hired afterwards. We know that MBP went to Hawaii with Lori in October, that she visited Lori in Rexburg the same month and that she moved next door to Lori at the end of October.
Didn’t LV’s Rexburg neighbor say he met Lori’s “sister” when Lori was moving in and even helped them move some stuff? I always assumed the sister was Melaniece. These Cox people cover a lot of ground by car. I don’t think it’s implausible that M-niece spent time in Rexburg in Sept even if it hasn’t been documented.

Seems as if her early upbringing was stronger mainstream LDS when she was growing up in CA. So I thought her folks might have been more devout at that time, when she was going to Church study each day etc.

I guess i just wonder why and how she seemed to be so steeped in scripture. Melanie mentioned that her house in AZ had bibles and scripture out all the time. (One of the Nate interviews).
I don't think they were devout in California, lots of Mormon kids go to seminary without it being any reflection on how devout their families are. It's quite common for kids to go from not very devout families, seminary, while scripture is discussed, is also very much a social outlet. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax