Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m struggling with why Chad would even bury those poor children on his land!!! Of all the places out West where there are acres and acres of forest & desolate places. That doesn’t make any sense to me.

This is one reason why I think Chad is not the brightest bulb in the bunch and adds to why I feel Chad was the one manipulated. If Chad didn’t see the risk in having the children buried in his yard, then fantasy is indeed Chad’s reality.

I've got a theory about where the defense is going, after re-watching MG's court testimony yesterday and her initial interview with Nate Eaton.

MG is the second example of how Lori was able to hoodwink an apparently law-abiding person into implicating themselves in a capital crime.

Prior starts off showing how Lori introduced herself to MG and they became "fast" friends, close as sisters, spending time together nearly everyday discussing intimate spiritual matters.

This was accomplished by Lori "love bombing" MG, sharing religious visions, and quoting scripture (MG's weakness). They served the same God. MG thought she knew Lori, thought they were best-friends, and felt an intense loyalty for and trust in Lori.

But as close as they were, Lori never shared where the kids were, or what really happened to them with MG, and never has. Lori never shared the truth.

Out of loyalty for Lori, as a sister of the faith with secret knowledge of the Last Days, MG felt led to lie to the police, protect and cover for Lori, implicating herself in a serious crime that she had no knowledge of.

In Nate Eaton's interview, MG states how much she still cares for Lori, and how Chad was the hand and Lori the puppet. So thoroughly fooled, MG fails to see how she herself was manipulated by Lori, just like a puppet.

I have a feeling that this is where JP was going with his line of questioning. If MG herself was taken in by Lori to the point of being her puppet, who else was fooled by the love-bombing, shared religious beliefs, and false persona? Who else would lie, cover-up, and be implicated in murder for Lori? AC? MBP? CD?

Last edited:
That would be an interesting test of the Church’s commitment to obeying the law of the land.

We have all seen cases where there is a wall of silence from religious organizations. Which brings up something interesting, has CD confessed anything to his church leadership? Wow. That would be interesting.

Well, there is certain 'glee' to that woman in the bodycam, isn't there? And Lori was in the house when the shooting took place. It was certainly planned IMO and IMO Charles was ambushed. Another thing that has bothered me is that Tylee went back into the house to get her mothers purse. If she did so, she would have to walk by Charles body. IMO, Lori did not want to be seen going back into the house after the shooting took place, so in effect she distanced herself from this crime. Who would do that to their child?
What parent would send their child into a murder scene to retrieve the parent's belongings? This fact alone tells me LVD did not protect Tylee in the most foundational ways like not introducing more trauma into this young woman's psyche and damaging her mental health even more.

I think I just sprained my finger scrolling through

If she was going to hire someone why wouldn’t she make sure she, Alex, Tylee and JJ were miles away with rock solid alibis? Lori is all about money, and giving large sums away to have something done that she or Alex could do in two minutes themselves doesn’t seem like something she would do.

Oh, I'm definitely not promoting the theory, just noting the possibilities of the somewhat unusual location of the property. A googlemobile run shows that the field belongs to what looks like a horse farm, which may explain why Charles's friend had a hard time selling the place -- you'd want to time showings depending on which way the wind was blowing :-) Just another rabbit hole IMHO, but one we should be aware of.

I'm much more interested in knowing if the LEOs noted whether Alex's weapon was or was not adapted for a suppressor. And for the record, I still think that Alex parked his truck out of sight, Charles pulled into the driveway and walked in to be held at gunpoint while Lori relieved him of his car fob, wallet, and phone. She then hustled the kids and the dog into Charles's car and drove to the school while Alex shot him, moved the truck back and staged the scene, and then called 911. Lori coached Tylee on her story on the way back to the house (17 to 24 minutes, depending on route) and the three of them put on the charade we know so well.

Well, there is certain 'glee' to that woman in the bodycam, isn't there? And Lori was in the house when the shooting took place. It was certainly planned IMO and IMO Charles was ambushed. Another thing that has bothered me is that Tylee went back into the house to get her mothers purse. If she did so, she would have to walk by Charles body. IMO, Lori did not want to be seen going back into the house after the shooting took place, so in effect she distanced herself from this crime. Who would do that to their child?
I'm replying to myself, as too late to edit post. Looks like my memory is a little off. Lori's purse was in Lori's bedroom (according to Tylee's statement to Chandler Police) and not the kitchen. IIRC the master bedroom is behind the garage, though without a floorplan of the property, I'm not sure where the garage door opens into the property. But this would mean that according to Tylee's statement she would not have to walk past Charles body.
"After [her mom] came outside with her and her brother, that she never went back inside. Tylee stated she went inside to get her mom’s purse from inside so they would have her wallet. Tylee said she went through the garage door and went in and ran to her mom’s closet and she didn’t see anything or hear anything. I asked when she went inside and got her mom’s purse. Tylee advised after her mom came out and I confirmed it was after Tylee heard the loud noise, which Tylee confirmed."

I’m struggling with why Chad would even bury those poor children on his land!!! Of all the places out West where there are acres and acres of forest & desolate places. That doesn’t make any sense to me.

This is one reason why I think Chad is not the brightest bulb in the bunch and adds to why I feel Chad was the one manipulated. If Chad didn’t see the risk in having the children buried in his yard, then fantasy is indeed Chad’s reality.

I think the murder of Tylee wasn't planned, per say, and that's why she ended up on Chad's property. I think he got a panicked call at some point or else Alex just showed up with her body. After one child was buried there, I think it was just easier, or maybe a "heck, might as well" with JJ. I'm not sure his murder was planned either. I can't make up my mind. I think Lori wanted them both out of her hair, but I also think there wasn't really a plan and that she just lost it both times (probably in a frustrated rage) and killed them. This is what I'm leaning towards now. I think Lori killed them but told Chad that it was Alex. I think Alex is the cleaner. Might change my mind later today. MOO.

I think the murder of Tylee wasn't planned, per say, and that's why she ended up on Chad's property. I think he got a panicked call at some point or else Alex just showed up with her body. After one child was buried there, I think it was just easier, or maybe a "heck, might as well" with JJ. I'm not sure his murder was planned either. I can't make up my mind. I think Lori wanted them both out of her hair, but I also think there wasn't really a plan and that she just lost it both times (probably in a frustrated rage) and killed them. This is what I'm leaning towards now. I think Lori killed them but told Chad that it was Alex. I think Alex is the cleaner. Might change my mind later today. MOO.
BBM. Lori's neighbor informed police that JJ told him that he and his sister were going to visit grandma soon. IMO both murders were planned. I think they picked days and times deliberately (Sunday evening - Monday night) so everyone else was at work when the burials took place. They had two more murders in the works (BB, Tammy) and the children were in the way of preparations for those.

ETA: If Lori killed JJ in a rage in her own appartment, that would have alerted MG and possibly DW who were staying at her place. I think Lori lied that JJ was climbing the cabinets (in the middle of the night?) so she could justify taking him to Alex's appartment where he was murdered IMO.

Last edited:
I really wish the media would stop with the “doomsday cult mom” and similar descriptors. It feels like excuse-making. It’s also sounds ridiculous, when this case should be taken very seriously. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t like it.
It sounds sensationalistic, but it's the shortest description, especially for people unfamiliar with the case. I'm not sure if Lori would have murdered her kids without being a member of Chad's cult.

I really wish the media would stop with the “doomsday cult mom” and similar descriptors. It feels like excuse-making. It’s also sounds ridiculous, when this case should be taken very seriously. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t like it.
It sucks but it's the media way to attract their audience. Their mission is to sell air time and ad space and will do whatever it takes to do just that. Her name might not be familiar to the masses and sad to say, it will probably stay "doomsday cult mom" for a long time to come.

Control freak.

The more I ponder this case the more I truly believe LVD is the one who did the actual murders...I don’t think Alex could do it, he was just the clean up guy and Chad, well he was just clean up guy #2.... the “overkill” aspect means someone was extremely angry. Her rage at not getting the insurance payment she had planned for set off her rage against the children...

Just watched Profiling Evil YouTube channel. New video up with Dr Amy Salermo, discussing deaths and causes for Joe Ryan, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell and Alex Cox. Was just posted this afternoon. Very good information!

I’m going to report my post to the Mods to ask if Profiling Evil is accepted here to post. I know it can be posted at the Suzanne Morphew thread. You guys will learn a lot from it.

Off topic posts derail the thread and result in major cleanup by Mods.

Please stay on topic by discussing the facts of this case without digressing into LDS doctrine or policies, how LDS operates, what you think they should or shouldn't do, how their genealogy site works, Christianity, other cases, whether CPS should be called, etc etc.

Just watched Profiling Evil YouTube channel. New video up with Dr Amy Salermo, discussing deaths and causes for Joe Ryan, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell and Alex Cox. Was just posted this afternoon. Very good information!

I’m going to report my post to the Mods to ask if Profiling Evil is accepted here to post. I know it can be posted at the Suzanne Morphew thread. You guys will learn a lot from it.

Profiling Evil is an approved source and a WS member. Both hosts of the PE podcast have extensive experience in homicide investigations.

Wow, I was just going to post the same! Really good analysis (AND I wonder if Dr.Salermo follows WS threads, or it's because fellow websleuths are just so cool, because from the previous discussions in our threads the same/or almost the same/ conclusions were made :cool:)

ETA: ... including malachite poisoning option :D

Just the fact that the letter requires the leader to call the Church if they've been subpoenaed to testify strikes me as potentially tampering with a witness.

Also, I don't know what the Church would consider a "leader." They must have some sort of internal hierarchy that makes that determination.

This is odd to say the least.

The Church doesn't want to be legally culpable if someone was acting as one its agents, especially if they choose not check with the legal department.

It sucks but it's the media way to attract their audience. Their mission is to sell air time and ad space and will do whatever it takes to do just that. Her name might not be familiar to the masses and sad to say, it will probably stay "doomsday cult mom" for a long time to come.

The Church wants the public to know it is separate from fringe groups and does not condone those teachings, so the members must be called something besides Mormon or LDS.

Both of these examples, to me, is the Church sending a message: "we're not responsible and we won't be held responsible". IMO

Wow, I was just going to post the same! Really good analysis (AND I wonder if Dr.Salermo follows WS threads, or it's because fellow websleuths are just so cool, because from the previous discussions in our threads the same/or almost the same/ conclusions were made :cool:)

ETA: ... including malachite poisoning option :D
Wasn’t it great? And Dr Salermo is so relatable. She gets it! I hope they have her back soon. The guys were also very interesting today. I doubt she has time to read Websleuths. I just think we have really smart sleuthers, some with excellent credentials. :D

The more I ponder this case the more I truly believe LVD is the one who did the actual murders...I don’t think Alex could do it, he was just the clean up guy and Chad, well he was just clean up guy #2.... the “overkill” aspect means someone was extremely angry. Her rage at not getting the insurance payment she had planned for set off her rage against the children...
I believe both Lori and Chad are serial killers who met one day, evil meeting evil, and figured out life insurance policies is a fast way to make some money.

Naither care about the sanctity of life or marriage or family.

Chad has killed before meeting Lori I am sure. Lori killed Joe Ryan I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot