Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t there something filed a couple of months ago saying the state’s attorney/prosecutor’s office would be assisting in the prosecution of Lori (and possibly Chad). If that’s the case is it possible Woods will be replaced after the preliminary hearing just as Judge Eddins was?

I’m going to miss Eddins. Wood, not so much. I don’t think he did a bad job per se, but he lacks charisma. And a charismatic presence is a huge plus if jurors are going to be watching you day in and day out for weeks.

That said, it’s possible Woods viewed the preliminary hearing as an actor would a “table read” and didn’t want to demonstrate his presence before necessary. Perhaps a whole different Woods will show up when it’s not rehearsal. If he remains as the first chair prosecutor I sure hope so!

In some jurisdictions, the prosecutor who handles the prelims in the lower court are not the prosecutors who will handle them once they are "bound over". That may be the case here. Wood may not be a felony trial attorney.

Yes. It was a smartphone and the email address associated with the phone was HomerJMaximus@whoever.com.

I'm giggling too hard thinking about that email address. But yes, that was his primary phone. He could of course also been using one of the gazillion burner phones.
Does anyone know when LE gained access to this phone? Is it mentioned somewhere? Do they have actual physical possession?

I know this isn’t really germaine to the case but from the beginning I have wondered what any woman could possibly see in Chad Daybell, let alone lust after him. That is all. We return now to our regularly scheduled sleuthing.
What did Lori see in Chad? Quite a lot to interest her! She saw fame, of a sort, as a groupie of Chad's doing podcasts and seminars, Tammy's life insurance policy was a big attraction, someone that agreed to take her back to her obsessive place of choice, Kauai, and someone who agree to help her do away with two children that annoyed her and while still getting their financial payouts. She found him to be an absolute dreamboat. What Lori saw in Chad is absolutely of massive importance to the case. MOO

Nate Eaton - Reporter
Neighbors have set up a new memorial for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan directly across the street from where their remains were found. If you wish, you can leave respectful items at this location in remembrance of the children. The organizers ask that you remain on the south side of the street away from the Daybell's property.

They were disappointed that more neighbors did not come forward. Is it implied that some might have been sympathetic towards Chad?

The article also states: "The police department is refusing to answer questions on why it took so long to arrest Lori and find the children's remains." We now know the answer to the second part. It takes time to process electronic evidence. Chad's texts to Tammy were only discovered by early June.
Prior grilled the detective at the prelim about who he interviewed in regards to the kids' disappearance, asking if he interviewed Chad's daughter who was living across street at the time. Detective said no. Wonder where that's going.

Nate Eaton - Reporter
Neighbors have set up a new memorial for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan directly across the street from where their remains were found. If you wish, you can leave respectful items at this location in remembrance of the children. The organizers ask that you remain on the south side of the street away from the Daybell's property.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! A memorial as close to the Daybell property as you can get! Yay for the neighbors! MOO

@Niner

UPDATE: Lori Vallow’s case officially moves to district court. Her arraignment is set for 8/27 at 1:30PM in front of Judge Dane H. Watkins Jr. She can plead guilty or not guilty to two counts of conspiracy to conceal, destroy or alter evidence.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

District Court of the Seventh Judicial District of Idaho, in the county of Freemont - Dated 8/11/2020 Case # CR22-20-0838 Lori Norene Vallow Defendent (e.d. no Daybell following her name this time) Bail $1,000,000

DistrictCourt.JPG

District.JPG

ETA: Eric Grossarth@ericgrossarth
While #LoriDaybell waived her preliminary hearing she will still appear in court later this month. If convicted of all charges right now she could face a maximum of 10 years in prison. #JJVallow #TyleeRyan

Date for Lori Vallow Daybell's arraignment scheduled | East Idaho News

Last edited:
What did Lori see in Chad? Quite a lot to interest her! She saw fame, of a sort, as a groupie of Chad's doing podcasts and seminars, Tammy's life insurance policy was a big attraction, someone that agreed to take her back to her obsessive place of choice, Kauai, and someone who agree to help her do away with two children that annoyed her and while still getting their financial payouts. She found him to be an absolute dreamboat. What Lori saw in Chad is absolutely of massive importance to the case. MOO

No doubt. But those who imagine she really got off on the guy? Nope.

Here is an article from the local newspaper in Idaho Falls. I had forgotten that Emma moved into the Daybell home. She must have knowledge about the tribute items being removed from the property.

Tylee and J.J.’s memorial removed from Daybell property
I think we need to show kindness to Emma. She has some issues that make her nervous around people she doesn't know, and they were worried about people they don't know coming so close to the house. They do not have the money or resources to move. I understand there have also been threats, and people coming at all times of day and night, and they are trying to keep themselves and their family safe, Totally understandable. I think a memorial in Rexburg is a great idea, I don't think it really needs to be at Joseph and Emma's house. MOO

In some jurisdictions, the prosecutor who handles the prelims in the lower court are not the prosecutors who will handle them once they are "bound over". That may be the case here. Wood may not be a felony trial attorney.

Wood named special Fremont County prosecutor, seals investigation documents - Local News 8

The Fremont County Attorney’s office filed a formal motion Wednesday appointing Madison County Prosecutor Rob H. Wood to investigate and, if necessary, prosecute the felony charges .....

I think we need to show kindness to Emma. She has some issues that make her nervous around people she doesn't know, and they were worried about people they don't know coming so close to the house. They do not have the money or resources to move. I understand there have also been threats, and people coming at all times of day and night, and they are trying to keep themselves and their family safe, Totally understandable. I think a memorial in Rexburg is a great idea, I don't think it really needs to be at Joseph and Emma's house. MOO
1000% AGREE

I don't see how it works at all and as I said before Prior's main thrust seemed to be that the story of a raccoon burial wasn't disproven by investigators.

Tammy replied to him and even if someone else used his phone and deleted all the messages so he wouldn't see them, it seems more probable than not that Tammy would have raised the subject in conversation when she came home later. I don't think they'll go that route as a defense. It's far too convoluted with Alex leaving the property for the rest of the day and Chad presumably still being in possession of his own phone after that point. Prior never introduced any suggestion of Chad's phone not being in his own custody.

To top it off - he has his favorite phrase in the text - "I felt"

Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big racoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

link to previous analysis of his writing patterns Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

moo

The moment that always struck me in this text is "...I spotted a big raccoon along the fence." What's the deal with the fence? I always thought that was a Freudian slip and he accidentally signalled that something transpired "by the fence." I also wondered if this is where the dogs hit on in the property search that the ERTs decided not to pursue, because they couldn't find anything when they did tests (exploratory trenches, or whatever).

Prior grilled the detective at the prelim about who he interviewed in regards to the kids' disappearance, asking if he interviewed Chad's daughter who was living across street at the time. Detective said no. Wonder where that's going.

Along these lines, I was wondering earlier today if the FBI or police interviewed the photographer hired by the Jolly Daybells to document their revels on Kauai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes