Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Eaton - Reporter
Neighbors have set up a new memorial for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan directly across the street from where their remains were found. If you wish, you can leave respectful items at this location in remembrance of the children. The organizers ask that you remain on the south side of the street away from the Daybell's property.

Love this!!!!! EDIT: Love Never Fails, we must have hit send at the same time, lol.

Last edited:
Yes, they could be hers, important who had access to them? And if they are Tammy's gloves MOO it would then mean the duct taping JJ would be done at the Daybells property.

Yes, that thought slid through what’s left of my brain. I don’t think that is likely, though perhaps only because we’ve been talking about the joint apartments being the scene of that crime up until now. It is possible the duct tape was used atop the two layers of trash bags to contain decomp odor as much as possible, presumably for the interval between apartment and Daybell’s back yard. What’s your guess?

I just bend over the end a little bit where it sticks to itself to give me a small area to grab for the next time.
<snipped for focus>

I use that technique on tapes I handle with bare fingers. I find it impossible to do anything that delicate while wearing my Cumbersome “welder’s gloves.” You’re so right about using regular vinyl or rubber gloves with duct tape. Could our team of murderers have been stupid enough to do that horrible job bare-handed? I think their arrogance would certainly blind them to even considering the dangers to them of being found out by DNA evidence. Remember, there was going to be an apocalyptic earthquake....

Before the hearing, having never seen or heard DW personally, I had a very different mental image of him. From things MG intimated about him he seemed to be the intelligent and very well reasoned type, able to convince her that she had been manipulated and deceived by Chad and Lori, point out scriptures that refuted their teachings, and convince her that she needed to go to the police with what she knew.

However, during his testimony I saw a completely different person. He seemed rather naive, unknowing and inexperienced with manipulation and deception (e.g. JP seemed to be taking advantage of him and carefully manipulating him to get the testimony he wanted), and rather child-like. He also seemed to struggle with understanding what was said or being asked of him. It was clear he had a hearing impairment, and I'm certain that had an influence, but it also seemed like it went beyond that, as though he was also struggling with somewhat diminished mental faculties.

Let me be clear, I don't say any of this to be mean or judgemental, just that he came across as having some challenges he is dealing with. I say this because I believe Chad also saw his weaknesses and tried to take advantage of them himself. I don't know how much or to what extent, but he had been pulled in to this group to some degree and Chad had at least tried to convince him to buy the property nearby. I believe Chad is still trying to exercise an influence over him. At the beginning of JP's cross examination you can see Chad look at DW and give a couple of slight nods of the head, as if encouraging him. Later, when JP asks if there are three bedrooms in Lori's townhome, you again see Chad look up at DW, smile, and give a barely perceptible nod or two, whereupon DW answers "yes" and Chad looks down again. A bit later and JP asks DW if he is aware of Chad's writings, and Chad again makes eye contact with him and nods, DW asks JP to repeat the question and as he does so Chad breaks eye contact to look downward and tilts his head upward in an apparent look of grandiose piety. And then at the end when JP thanked him Chad again looked at DW and nodded his head vigorously in approval.

I don't know if it's all some kind of coaching, influencing effort, manipulation, attempt at befriending him like "You did good and I'm on your side" type of thing, or what, but it did strike me as noteworthy as I can't recall observing Chad doing the like with any other witnesses. JMO.

note this program from 2016; lots of people have visions- lots of people have emergencies...

Buy tickets for Sandy, Utah - Preparing A People Event at Salt Lake Community College - Larry Miller Campus Conf. Center, Fri 31 May 2019

..."<modsnip: names redacted> will be filling in for Chad Daybell, who had a Family Emergency. We regret he won't be able to attend this PAP Event."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that thought slid through what’s left of my brain. I don’t think that is likely, though perhaps only because we’ve been talking about the joint apartments being the scene of that crime up until now. It is possible the duct tape was used atop the two layers of trash bags to contain decomp odor as much as possible, presumably for the interval between apartment and Daybell’s back yard. What’s your guess?
Two layers of bags. Too much tape.
MOO don't want to stereotype, but it sounds like a woman.

Here is an article from the local newspaper in Idaho Falls. I had forgotten that Emma moved into the Daybell home. She must have knowledge about the tribute items being removed from the property.

Tylee and J.J.’s memorial removed from Daybell property
The Post Register isn’t a favorite of mine. They are usually a couple weeks behind in news. But I appreciate you sharing the article. East Idaho News is usually spot on for timing and gets news as it happens. All jmo

I think we need to show kindness to Emma. She has some issues that make her nervous around people she doesn't know, and they were worried about people they don't know coming so close to the house. They do not have the money or resources to move. I understand there have also been threats, and people coming at all times of day and night, and they are trying to keep themselves and their family safe, Totally understandable. I think a memorial in Rexburg is a great idea, I don't think it really needs to be at Joseph and Emma's house. MOO

I agree. Many many people have been conned/hoodwinked by Chad and it is no surprise that his own children would be inclined to believe him. The alternative is a horrifying reality that your father is a murderer and that your mother was murdered. I also think it is important to show kindness and light to Chad's children as this can help support them doing what is right with any information and evidence they might have to support the prosecution of Chad and Lori.

. This is also why I believe he planned on burning TR so hadn't really gotten ready for a burial particularly.
<snipped for focus>

Could be. But three flat, mostly featureless acres is a really small piece of highly visible property, open on two sides to regularly traveled roads and surrounded by fairly close neighbors. People are nosy. People have binoculars. Burning a body (which presumably smells like something cooking) without any kind of camouflage or concealment is asking for discovery. Why would he have planned such a task? He is accustomed to working out story arcs, even if bizarre ones, for his novels. Could he not see the plot hole in this tale? JMO

We will probably never know the answers to this one... but my thinking was some sort of "investment" possibility that they were talking about.... sortof a man thing to do, so you didn't have to sit all day in an apartment.

AND it does define a block of time that Chad was not out digging in his yard. I am assuming more phone pings will better define whereabouts that weekend.

even though, I would think the Hawaii destination was already in Chad's and Lori's heads.

PAP 001 - Is Rexburg Idaho the Promised Land?

No doubt if anything suspicious happens to anyone close to me, I'm surely going to have a problem if they subpoena my google history. I'm curious by nature...and we know how that turned out for the cat!

I'm pretty sure you will have a lot of company. I know mine would be interesting to explain from all the cases I follow and just my daily googling from trying to prove my hubby wrong on a variety of topics. I always have atleast 5 WS tabs open and my family and friends are very well aware of my addiction to true crime, so hopefully that will help my case! Lol

Could be. But three flat, mostly featureless acres is a really small piece of highly visible property, open on two sides to regularly traveled roads and surrounded by fairly close neighbors. People are nosy. People have binoculars. Burning a body (which presumably smells like something cooking) without any kind of camouflage or concealment is asking for discovery. Why would he have planned such a task? He is accustomed to working out story arcs, even if bizarre ones, for his novels. Could he not see the plot hole in this tale? JMO

Do you guys think there is any chance they did the burning inside the barn?

Nate Eaton - Reporter
Neighbors have set up a new memorial for JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan directly across the street from where their remains were found. If you wish, you can leave respectful items at this location in remembrance of the children. The organizers ask that you remain on the south side of the street away from the Daybell's property.

From the article:
“I’m so grateful to the amazing people who have shown so much Christ like love to these beautiful kids and our family. Thank you everyone who came up to us and have been here at this fence showing support. This is the hardest thing for everyone to face. But being able to be here was healing for us,” Ryan wrote.

Over the last two months, the fence memorial continued to stand and even grow as people paid their respects to the children.

When neighbors went to bed last Thursday night, the memorial was still intact. On Friday morning, they woke to find it all gone.

Ryan returned to Rexburg last weekend to visit the place again. He was “shocked” to find the memorial taken down.

“We came here to add more, and spend time remembering these two angels. And we were shocked that it was all gone. But no matter what. I want everyone to know how much we appreciate your love and grace to show honor (to) my siblings. It was a shot to my heart to see it gone. But we remember you both everyday. I love you Tylee and J.J. you’ll never leave my heart,” Ryan wrote on Instagram.

The memorial was located on Daybell’s property, but it is unclear who removed the memorial. Daybell’s daughter Emma Murray and her husband Joseph Murray currently live at the house.

Multiple Rexburg residents who visited the fence since the memorial’s removal reported being told to leave by Joseph Murray.
So, according to neighbors, this happened overnight. Casts doubt on the "lawyer had it taken down" story. I understand showing compassion for the daughter and son-law who moved into the home on the day the kids were found buried there - but it goes both ways. Those items could have been given to the Woodcocks, Colby, Tylee's aunt AC. At the very least, they could have been given a heads-up, instead of taking it down in the cover of night.

How do people buy into such crazy ideas? Fascinating. I’ll certainly read this article. Do you know of other background on this?
No more than this so far.
I learned in this thread from another poster that Rexburg is the post apocalyptic gathering place for 144 thousand. <modsnip>
I was amazed that it was thought to be an actual geographical place, a camping ground, so I looked up Apocalypse and Rexburg and this zombie article popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member