Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only satellite photo that I'm aware of was obtained by news media and shows disturbed ground just hours after Tylee was buried on September 9.

The satellite photo would be evidence and property of the FBI; we wouldn’t necessarily know what pics the FBI have. I don’t think they’d be given to the press.

Go to ~13:20 here and he talks about satellite imagery and his experience (FBI special agent/hottie Steve Daniels).

"Before we even set foot on the property, this is the firepit area, so from satellite imagery, similar to what this is..... we could tell there was a fire pit on the property. Based on my experience we knew even before we even set foot on the property we would find evidence in the firepit. So prior to even arriving I had already....

Thank you for this. I knew I heard it.

The fire pit is right next to the pet cemetery. I doubt their entire focus was on the fire pit. I’m sure they mapped CD’s entire property. It would be a waste of resources & short sided not to have done so. Imo

PS Yes he is a hottie....

Last edited:
The satellite photo would be evidence and property of the FBI; we wouldn’t necessarily know what pics the FBI have. I don’t think they’d be given to the press.
FBI doesn't own satellites. Satellite photos can be bought, but they are costly. I already checked the FBI agent's testimony - he explicitly states that aerial images weren't used to determine the pet cemetery area.

So he knew from the satellite imagery (google Maps would suffice) that there was a fire pit (permanent fixture), but not the location of the graves.

That's what I'm getting. MOO.

I'll have to check our wonderful WS timeline as I would think the information is there.. but they planned a week ahead to go in, and after the plan for such they found the text, called the family member AFTER their plan was already in place to know where the pet cemetery was.

MOO, IIRC - need to check WS timeline but I cannot find... Is it still being updated and does someone have the link... oh yeah.. back to post #1 for the link!

ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA: Last update by @Tortoise was July 24th. @Gardener1850 and s/he has given us invaluable updates that are priceless as we move forward. Not sure if timeline is still in process for later time to be updated

Last edited:
FBI doesn't own satellites. Satellite photos can be bought, but they are costly. I already checked the FBI agent's testimony - he explicitly states that aerial images weren't used to determine the pet cemetery area.

The Federal Government owns satellites ergo the FBI owns the satellite images.

I do believe they mapped Chad’s entire property via satellite images before going there. They are thorough and satellite images are another tool in their toolbox.

Unfortunately evidence law is complex. In criminal court the prosecution can bring evidence in showing the defendants bad character UNLESS the defendant first introduces evidence of their good character. Given all the horrible things hes done, I doubt his lawyer would go down that road. Plus unfortunately, from a legal stand point a past history of being a cheater isnt relevant to the current charges so that information is likely inadmissible as well :(

I think that proving CD and LVD had a long term romantic relationship prior to LVD moving to Rexburg, ID shows premeditation and intent to kill Tylee and JJ. It is part of the whole conspiracy piece.

As for character, cheating on your spouse is probably not a yardstick for "bad" character, but it doesn't look good for CD. And the evidence of the affair could be helpful for a probable cause in charging LVD with conspiracy in Charles Vallow's murder.

No one needs all of those burner phones. Just download "Google Voice" to a smartphone and have as many "ghost" phone numbers you want. With voice mail. I have several I use for work.

I respectfully disagree. A true "burner phone" and Google Voice are on two different planets as they're nothing really alike. Can you fake the accounts/phone numbers tied to the google voice? Yes, but it's a somewhat cumbersome process adds additional steps with the potential of errors. Regardless of that, a simple subpoena would get you plenty of stored data to sort through. I've used Google Voice since it was GrandCentral and while you have an added level of anonymity in legal world applications, you are not truly anonymous.

Google voice and burner apps are useful for the right situations. This would NOT be one. Many people (including myself) use the word "burner" in a pretty generic context. For many it's simply a disposable number or one that offers some anonymity barring a court order. The term burner is used so frequently now in many different ways but something like a "burner phone number" and a "burner phone" are two different animals.

Going to a Walgreens, 7-11, corner store selling prepaid/liquor/discount cigs & vapes, etc...and buying a prepaid phone in cash, using correctly and disposing of it correctly is one of the best methods to potentially remain anonymous.

Using a burner more than once only increases your chances of being caught. Using messages/messaging that is not encrypted only increases your chances of being caught. Possessing the physical devices only adds to the amount of history and data that can potentially be recovered. Again, criminals using burner phones historically get caught because they get cocky, lazy or are not fully educated in how they work.

I respectfully disagree. A true "burner phone" and Google Voice are on two different planets as they're nothing really alike. Can you fake the accounts/phone numbers tied to the google voice? Yes, but it's a somewhat cumbersome process adds additional steps with the potential of errors. Regardless of that, a simple subpoena would get you plenty of stored data to sort through. I've used Google Voice since it was GrandCentral and while you have an added level of anonymity in legal world applications, you are not truly anonymous.

Google voice and burner apps are useful for the right situations. This would NOT be one. Many people (including myself) use the word "burner" in a pretty generic context. For many it's simply a disposable number or one that offers some anonymity barring a court order. The term burner is used so frequently now in many different ways but something like a "burner phone number" and a "burner phone" are two different animals.

Going to a Walgreens, 7-11, corner store selling prepaid/liquor/discount cigs & vapes, etc...and buying a prepaid phone in cash, using correctly and disposing of it correctly is one of the best methods to potentially remain anonymous.

Using a burner more than once only increases your chances of being caught. Using messages/messaging that is not encrypted only increases your chances of being caught. Possessing the physical devices only adds to the amount of history and data that can potentially be recovered. Again, criminals using burner phones historically get caught because they get cocky, lazy or are not fully educated in how they work.

When I think of burner phones, typically I associate them with the cost of doing business (criminal or not). That's a hefty business expense for 60 phones. Jmo

The police took all of LVD's burner phones anyway. Same difference.

This is an interesting point because Google Voice is absolutely scary in the terms of SMS and it's hard to find a definitive answer regarding the deleting of SMS on their servers. I use Google Voice as a disposable service but would never ever ever trust Google to not mine for and store data. However, they operate differently than a standard carrier.

Take TD phone for example with a standard carrier. Without the physical device, they would have never seen that text. Carriers don't store text content so having a search warrant wouldn't have retrieved that text.

A phone for every follower couple?

If my math is right and I am remembering correctly, there were 60 phones and 30 email addresses so I think each email address had 2 phones signed up under it. Now, the part I don't know is, did they set it up that way so when CD and LV were using them as burner phones, they would decide each day to use the phones under blahblah1@whoknowswhat.com on mondays to speak to each other and then blahblah2@whoknowswhat.com on Tuesdays? Obviously those are made up scenarios, but I just don't understand what exactly they were trying to do... I'm not even sure I'm making any sense. Jmo

If my math is right and I am remembering correctly, there were 60 phones and 30 email addresses so I think each email address had 2 phones signed up under it. Now, the part I don't know is, did they set it up that way so when CD and LV were using them as burner phones, they would decide each day to use the phones under blahblah1@whoknowswhat.com on mondays to speak to each other and then blahblah2@whoknowswhat.com on Tuesdays? Obviously those are made up scenarios, but I just don't understand what exactly they were trying to do... I'm not even sure I'm making any sense. Jmo
I think the phones were given to couples and they shared an e-mail. The quicky weddings has always made me think you had to go to the tent city as couples with no children.

The satellite photo showing Tylee's grave was taken on September 9 by a French satellite Pléiades 1. The resolution was one pixel per 50cm.

Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child's burial

This photo was released by the media not the FBI, yes?

“indicolite22 said:
The only satellite photo that I'm aware of was obtained by news media and shows disturbed ground just hours after Tylee was buried on September 9”

First you stated you had thought the only clue LE had as to the location of the bodies was AxC cell phone pings. Tammy & Chad’s texts were found; that was another clue not mentioned.

Since then you’ve learned there were satellite images used by the FBI to ID the fire pit per SA Daniels per the YouTube videos above.

Then you say the “FBI doesn’t own satellites” when in fact the satellites belong to our Federal government who allows the Federal Bureau of Investigation to use them.

Logically then it’s not a stretch to assume, as I do, that the FBI had CD’s property mapped out via satellite images before even stepping foot on the property. The satellite images provide the FBI/LE with quick routes on and off the property for agent safety so the LE is aware of any possible issue that could harm their agents whether it be an ambush or an occluded exit they may need to use. They cover all their bases.

My point is that ALL these tools were used to find the location of the graves. Satellite photos identified the fire pit which then led to the graves along with the depressions noted in the topography when the agents got there, plus AxC pings & Tammy/Chad’s texts.

We all learn from our posts as you did above. I do and always try to keep an open mind.

Last edited:
This photo was released by the media not the FBI, yes?

“indicolite22 said:
The only satellite photo that I'm aware of was obtained by news media and shows disturbed ground just hours after Tylee was buried on September 9”

First you stated you had thought the only clue LE had as to the location of the bodies was AxC cell phone pings.

Since then you’ve learned there were satellite images used by the FBI to ID the fire pit per SA Daniels per the YouTube videos above.

Then you say the FBI doesn’t own satellites when in fact the satellites belong to our Federal government who allows the Federal Bureau of Investigation to use them

Logically then it’s not a stretch to assume, as I do, that the FBI had CD’s property mapped out via satellite images before even stepping foot on the property. The satellite images provide the FBI/LE with quick routes on and off the property for agent safety so the LE is aware of any possible issue that could harm their agents whether it be an ambush or an occluded exit they may need to use. They cover all their bases.

My point is that ALL these tools were used to find the location of the graves. Satellite photos identified the fire pit which then led to the graves along with the depressions noted in the topography when the agents got there.

We all learn from our posts as you did above. I do and always try to keep an open mind.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. One point was addressed, and then in later back forth the rest came out to give overview to others here on all of it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member