Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't bring over from the last thread, but regarding CDs tone in the call to LV on discovery day...I feel he was really focusing on the investigators while trying to have a conversation with LV. I believe LE noted even while CD was in his vehicle, he kept looking over his shoulder and watching what was going on in the yard. He had a totally different demeanor, normal if you will, while on the recorded MG call. MOO

Very interesting! Also, CD and LVD have until 8/31 as a deadline to notify the prosecution if they intend to raise mental conditions as a defense so we should know about that soon.

Lori Vallow’s arraignment rescheduled

Thanks.

So updated calendar (for correction here by others?) is

August 31 - deadline to say if either defendant will claim mental condition
September 10 - Lori hearing
September 18? Can someone confirm my math please? - Deadline for motions is 28 days after Chad's last hearing started the clock (e.g. to combine the two trials, and other motions by defense/prosecution )

So, do I have that correct for here and @Niner?

ETA: Sources for above

Lori Vallow’s arraignment rescheduled

Rob Wood, who will be the prosecuting attorney in both the Vallow and Daybell cases, filed his own requests this week. Wood has asked that the defense in both cases to notify him within 14 days if either defendant “intends to raise any issue of mental condition.”

The document was filed Monday, meaning defense attorneys have until August 31 to notify Wood if their client plans to use their mental condition as a defense.

Last edited:
dixiegirl1035 said:
snipped...
August 31 - deadline to say if either defendant will claim mental condition
September 10 - Lori hearing
September 18? Can someone confirm my math please? - Deadline for motions is 28 days after Chad's last hearing started the clock (e.g. to combine the two trials, and other motions by defense/prosecution )

So, do I have that correct for here and @Niner?

Okay - he plead not guilty on 8/21/20. So - 28 days - Yup - Sept. 18th is what I come up with! :)

Okay - he plead not guilty on 8/21/20. So - 28 days - Yup - Sept. 18th is what I come up with! :)

I'm old school terminology.. but I can just imagine the prosecution has/is developing different flow charts and a Gant chart as to what the defense(s) may do!

based on August 31... and then updated for September 18th last minute. Those interns for the prosecutors (hopefully they have) will be very busy readying for ALL last minute things that the defense may file as they may not have enough time at the 11th hour to draft... they must have ready to go and release for so many options.

MOO

After reading for years last minute court filings and search warrants...egads... not something I could ever do to bring all the facts together so quickly

MOO

I'm old school terminology.. but I can just imagine the prosecution has/is developing different flow charts and a Gant chart as to what the defense(s) may do!

based on August 31... and then updated for September 18th last minute. Those interns for the prosecutors (hopefully they have) will be very busy readying for ALL last minute things that the defense may file as they may not have enough time at the 11th hour to draft... they must have ready to go and release for so many options.

MOO

After reading for years last minute court filings and search warrants...egads... not something I could ever do to bring all the facts together so quickly

MOO
I agree, I think theyve intentionally held alot back for various reasons. It also has the potential to give the prosecution to make a deal with whichever one would be willing to flip.

Thoughts and prayers are will those hardworking interns, whose efforts while essential are usually under appreciated. Im also super jealous their courts have opened back up because were still pretty much zoom here

Just thinking about the (last??) conversation between Lori & Chad when LE were doing the search. If they plan to blame Uncle Alex, claiming they didn't know he'd killed the children and buried them in Tammy's garden, wouldn't they discuss WHY police were searching there? Neither even hinted they believed the kids were 'safe' elsewhere and LE were wasting their time. Obviously I'm only referring to the minor concealment charges they face compared to murder or conspiracy to.

Question prior to considering posting. Are we allowed to reference AnnieC youtubes and timelines here at WS? (not linking, but just referencing?)

TIA.
I reported your post above just because I’d like to know also and have a mod tell us. I think it’s important since she is an insider. I have never seen her linked. Just referenced. Hopefully you can link tomorrow so we can discuss!

Question prior to considering posting. Are we allowed to reference AnnieC youtubes and timelines here at WS? (not linking, but just referencing?)

TIA.

Tricia has previously allowed AC's social media to be discussed so yes, discussion of the content is fine but no actual linking.

Chad Daybell-Linked End-Times Website Appears on List of Alleged Extreme Antigovernment Groups

It's a new article (Inside Edition, Aug 26), but the info has mostly been published before. The fact that AVOW was on the SPLC's list of anti-government websites was first brought up in this thread on December 23 and discussed in early March. The article also mentions posts on AVOW about Chad (or on Chad's behalf) made by the site owner CP before the children were found dead.

Last edited:
This is a new interview that Nate Eaton gave to a local radio station. He states that there's another recorded phone call that will be used as evidence, seemingly of Lori saying things about Charles' death to "public people" (police?). Nate estimates that we only know 20-40% of what the investigators know.

According to Nate, Lori and Chad are still committed to each other. He suggests that they could communicate through third parties. Chad has a short list of people that can visit him in jail (including family) and they could call Lori to relay his messages.

Allegedly both Chad and Lori sit in their cells all day, read religious books and pray. They are still committed to their beliefs and don't have much interaction (with others).

People are sending tips about the case to Nate all the time.

Last edited:
I have a question about their "mental condition". Since LVD went to a ordered mental health evaluation in Arizona, can she claim "mental illness" ? Bridges in Arizona supposedly let her go the same day they evaluated her. Will that work against her?

Lori Vallow and Tylee Ryan seen laughing, joking in police body camera footage | ktvb.com
'She's unhinged. It scares the crap out of me.'

New footage shows Charles Vallow's concern for Lori Vallow | East Idaho News

I can't find the article where MG was speaking on going to the Bridges mental health facility in Arizona with LVD. Can someone please help me locate it. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have a question about their "mental condition". Since LVD went to a ordered mental health evaluation in Arizona, can she claim "mental illness" ?

Lori Vallow and Tylee Ryan seen laughing, joking in police body camera footage | ktvb.com
'She's unhinged. It scares the crap out of me.'

New footage shows Charles Vallow's concern for Lori Vallow | East Idaho News

I can't find the article where MG was speaking on going to the Bridges mental health facility in Arizona with LVD. Can someone please help me locate it. Thanks in advance

According to Charles's divorce petition, she never showed up for the evaluation.

Hey Everyone,

How is Chad's defense attorney going to spin the prosecution's evidence against him? How is the prosecution going to win their case? WHEN WILL LORI AND CHAD BE CHARGED WITH MURDER?
Tonight at 10:00 PM Eastern we have 3 very special guests that will help us answer these questions and so much more.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SHOW TONIGHT AT 10 PM EASTERN

ATTORNEY STEVE CLARK
Steven Clark is a San Francisco Bay Area-based criminal defense attorney and broadcast legal analyst. He is a former Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney with extensive trial experience. You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this man. Wait until you hear what he has to say about the Daybell case.
DREW LLOYD
Drew is managing director of San Francisco Bay Area-based firm Verdict Group, Inc., and is a trial science and litigation communications consultant. He told me what he does is helps the lawyers "tell a better story". Again, he has fascinating views on what the prosecution and defense may do.

MARK A. JOHNSON-VISUAL LAW GROUP
If you have spent any time on the Vallow/Ryan/Daybell discussion on Websleuths then you know Mark. He is a verified lawyer but not only that Mark's company is very unique in what it does for high profile trials. Mark will tell us his thoughts on the case.
PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW. TONIGHT AT 10:00 PM EASTERN.
CLICK ON THIS LINK AT 10 PM ET TONIGHT.

Please feel free to post this on other discussion threads. If anyone asks please say I said it was ok. Thank You! :)

Attachments

• Steve Clark 2014.jpg
    Steve Clark 2014.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Drew Lloyd.JPG
    Drew Lloyd.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 7
Was that about the time MG said she waited outside for Lori while she was getting evaluated and Lori told her that she passed with flying colors?

All I know is what was in the petition:

"Father told Mother when she needed to appear at Community Bridges but she never showed." pg 4: lines 24-25

"To date, mother has not been taken to Community Bridges and Father believes the petition may have expired." pg 5: lines 4-5

MG statement:

"They received her and she said she passed with flying colors. She got out quickly. I waited on the outside for her." EIN interview @ 39:29 (BBM)

MG further stated this was *before* Lori and MG dropped JJ off at school. Methinks Lori was spoofing MG; they went to Community Bridges, Lori checked in, refused to cooperate, and rejoined MG with the "passed with flying colors" fairy tale. Or Lori could have been telling the truth :)

In any case patient privacy rules will probably prevent us from ever knowing.

Two things that stood out to me:

1. MM thinks that he doesn't have to comply with discovery requests until after the state has completed ALL of his discovery requests. Can any attorneys here advise if that is even legal?

2. MM is now identifying himself as "Advocate for Defendant". Not sure how long he has been her "advocate" instead of her "attorney", but I did find his response to discovery from June 1, 2020 for her Madison County case indicated "attorney".

Note of interest: This response to discovery appears to be a copy of the June 1 response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal