Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the Arizona investigation of Charles' death affects the timeline of the Idaho investigation into the children's murders.
I believe that Arizona will have to wait until the Idaho proceedings conclude before initiating a trial against LV because she has to get sent back to Arizona. IME courts generally try to treat each other with common curiosity and try to work together to facilitate transfers.

I just noticed something as to Alex post shooting on sidewalk.

Why does Alex have on sunglasses on the top of his head if he just woke up at 7:30 am? Why wouldn't the sunglasses have been knocked off if hit with a bat or damaged or he take them off? If the sunglasses weren't on when hit, why did Alex put on sunglasses after he shot someone to go sit on sidewalk, yet had on top of head from beginning?

Precisely. And the position of Charles's body. And the position of the bat. And the location of the shell casings. And the time of the 911 call. And rental car key fob. And the dog that didn't bark. And the gunshots nobody heard. And, and, and ...

An amateur theatrical production, tragically with real blood.

Why does Alex have on sunglasses on the top of his head if he just woke up at 7:30 am? Why wouldn't the sunglasses have been knocked off if hit with a bat or damaged or he take them off? If the sunglasses weren't on when hit, why did Alex put on sunglasses after he shot someone to go sit on sidewalk, yet had on top of head from beginning?

I noticed that as well. Alex did not look like he had been hit with a baseball bat.
I do believe LE saw that entire occurrence as odd from the start. I could see when the officer was briefing the detectives the officer had concerns and then took himself off his bodycam to be able to speak off record about just how suspicious the circumstances of CV’s death were.

Murder charges will be filed; be patient.

Next is LV having the State of AZ filing those charges against Lori early next year around when her trial begins or even when Chad’s begins.

After that, Chad will begin to sing and save his own butt. Jmho.

Imo this waiting etc is part of LE’s plan to charge these 2 for more serious crimes in due time. LE has all the time in the world. They don’t want any “reasonable doubt” for an acquittal.

It's not yet as big as the original memorial, but people are still adding to it. This was yesterday:
img_20200824_133032-jpg.261375

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_133032.jpg
    IMG_20200824_133032.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 547
Precisely. And the position of Charles's body. And the position of the bat. And the location of the shell casings. And the time of the 911 call. And rental car key fob. And the dog that didn't bark. And the gunshots nobody heard. And, and, and ...

Yes, and Lori giggling and joking about what the neighbors would think.

lol I like the phrase dumb like a fox, I think there are many instances of Chad being dumb/so arrogant he made careless mistakes because he assumed he wouldnt be caught. For example he purchase a wedding ring for LV before TD had passed away, he buried his step children in his backyard... because no one ever follows up on children that have disappeared, hes caught on camera going to the storage locker multiple times, he openly tells LVs friends about their affair (ie LV and CD holding hands at a public track).

But he also somehow was a leader in his church that was well respected. He convinced members of his church that he had visions of portals opening up and starting some kind of apocalypse and he also convinced those people that ZOMBIES are real. Its rumored CD may have had previous affairs (I believe ive seen this here, please remove if solely a rumor). Imagine what kind of charisma someone would have to have to convince you that zombies were real and taking over the souls of your loved ones. I can only imagine that he knows what to say and when to say it, to convince people of what he wants. Not to be rude but CD isnt bringing much in terms of looks or personality (i assume) so I can only conclude hes good at reading people and using that skill to manipulate them
Could we please stop referring to CD as the step father of J.J. and Tylee? They were dead before he married LV so they were never his step children.

Last edited:
I noticed that as well. Alex did not look like he had been hit with a baseball bat.
I do believe LE saw that entire occurrence as odd from the start. I could see when the officer was briefing the detectives the officer had concerns and then took himself off his bodycam to be able to speak off record about just how suspicious the circumstances of CV’s death were.

Murder charges will be filed; be patient.

Next is LV having the State of AZ filing those charges against Lori early next year around when her trial begins or even when Chad’s begins.

After that, Chad will begin to sing and save his own butt. Jmho.

Imo this waiting etc is part of LE’s plan to charge these 2 for more serious crimes in due time. LE has all the time in the world. They don’t want any “reasonable doubt” for an acquittal.

How I wish this case was in Florida in that we could see the interviews/interrogations with Lori, Alex, and summaries of the minors being interviewed with redaction after they were all brought in after the shooting. I've never seen such, nor even heard of what happened when the were all brought in for such and all had interviews, and gun shot residue tests etc etc...

Crickets, or have I missed?

I've seen nothing about any of such interviews, so shall we assume that in that state they cannot get through FIO?

I think Tammy felt or knew about Chad's extra curricular activities for a while. She was figuring out her next move hopefully. I don't think she thought he'd try to kill her. just leave her owing money maybe on the house & more. Her coworker said she didn't act normal or look well or something like that the day before at school, iirc. Did she know before Charles died and held it in all that time? Before July 11 until her death? Or did Adam tell her after Charles died? She did go home early in Oct. per Chad's encouragement, I think. Information into how Tammy was doing before she died is priceless. Wish there was more.

RIP Tammy, RIP
I, too, think she knew AND that she told her sister - the one who Chad mentioned in the phone call with MG. This sister - sister-in-law to Chad - doubted from the beginning that Tammy's death was natural. She is also the sister/sil who told LE about the pet cemetery. I think she and Tammy were close. I also think she has more of a story to tell but perhaps we'll have to wait until trial?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

We just have a small slice of the evidential foundation

Like all Dear Chads cell phone evidence for starters. Where was he at relevant moments?

And witness evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why you might be impatient for conspiracy, murder or other big charges, but at this point, I don’t think the state is in any rush.

First, because the govt has unlimited time. Since Lori and Chad won’t get sprung from jail, the state can focus on making the best possible case, which takes time.

It’s also in the state’s interest to let them stew in jail and constantly wonder what’s next. Not only will that bleed all of their $$ away, perhaps leading to changes in counsel, but it probably makes it more likely that one will turn on the other.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if taking a while is a specific strategy.

The state also has an enormous amount of evidence to plow through, just from what we know. And there may be much more we don’t know about.

Finally, the sheer incompetence of the AZ authorities likely plays a role in this taking long. They were months behind, bungled the CV murder, and even screwed up the evidence.

So if the CV murder plays a role in the overall prosecution plan, it’s taking an enormous amount of time to repair the incompetence in AZ.

In short, the wait isn’t a big deal, and it’s probably a sign that things are getting worse for the defendants.

I kind of agree

But also, they found the bodies on Chads property and we know the duo lied about it

Normally murder charges would hit pretty fast from there - you have of course many more months if not years to make your case

What was the story of Lori's attorney that died suspiciously? The one she owed lots of money to?
Court TV called the lawyer's (Gray Jolink) family and it turned out that he died from aortic aneurysm in 2008, three years after Lori retained him. Apparently the family doesn't find his death suspicious as they were on a family getaway with him at the time.

The part about the lawyer starts at 8:08.

Last edited:
I, too, think she knew AND that she told her sister - the one who Chad mentioned in the phone call with MG. This sister - sister-in-law to Chad - doubted from the beginning that Tammy's death was natural. She is also the sister/sil who told LE about the pet cemetery. I think she and Tammy were close. I also think she has more of a story to tell but perhaps we'll have to wait until trial?
Chad could have also meant his brother's wife HD, whose letter to the congregation was publicized last week.

Great post ^^

Also if the state were to drop murder charges now it would give the defense more time to work on their defense, Lori and Chad will be locked up for a while yet already, There is no rush. Keep working on making sure the case is as strong as possible.

At some point in cases such as these, isn’t there the risk of violating defendants’ constitutional right to a “speedy” trial? (6th Amendment). Does that ever come up? I suppose “speedy” can mean anything from days to years. Has SCOTUS ever ruled on this?

Excellent! And if you’ve recently been bashed in the head with a baseball bat, do you really want to shove sunglasses up there, as if you’d just walked into a restaurant from the parking lot? He seems altogether too casual about the whole thing. (Though compared with Lori’s reaction, he could be considered downright grim.)

At some point in cases such as these, isn’t there the risk of violating defendants’ constitutional right to a “speedy” trial? (6th Amendment). Does that ever come up? I suppose “speedy” can mean anything from days to years. Has SCOTUS ever ruled on this?

If charges haven’t been filed yet, then a “speedy trial” is not an issue. There is no statute of limitations for murder.
It’s pretty speedy, imo, that Chad’s trial is scheduled for January. Out here where I live (Capital region USA) it would take years to get this case on a docket. Idaho must fortunately not have a high crime rate.

If charges haven’t been filed yet, then a “speedy trial” is not an issue. There is no statute of limitations for murder.
It’s pretty speedy, imo, that Chad’s trial is scheduled for January. Out here where I live (Capitol/DC region USA) it would take years to get this case on a docket. Idaho must fortunately not have a high crime rate.

BBM

... and Keystone Cops

Just a guess here: because there's more electronic evidence to process. It took them several months to get to Alex's location data and Tammy's texts.

That's my line of thinking too. LE don't have a 'key' person in this case to interview (AC), whether he played as significant a roll as he might have (that CD and LV may try and use in their own defence). The Prosecution needs as much phone data as they can squeeze out of those mobiles (including the 'burner' ones) to show that LV and CD were right bang in the middle of what was going on and that no matter how much 'finger pointing' towards AC, that they have some huge explaining to do as to why their phone(s) were in a specific place, on a specific day, at a specific time.
I don't mind how long it takes LE to bring murder charges to the forefront, I just want to know that WHEN they do, they have all this lovely data sat on file - ready and waiting:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog