Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting interview (Inside Edition, Aug 21) with a LDS historian Christopher Blythe. His new book is titled Terrible Revolution: Latter-day Saints and the American Apocalypse. Apparently Chad wasn't interesting enough to be mentioned the book. I'm sure he is now.

From the article:

When people were talking about Chad Daybell, they wanted to talk about him as if he was a literal leader of something like LDS AVOW or Preparing a People, when really, these are just sort of networks of interested folks — it's almost like a fan community or something — that are excited about these visionaries.

Now from within that, Chad begins building a very small, I think, community. We might find out it's a dozen people, maybe, but right now, I think we could come up with maybe six or seven people that were believers in these sort of teachings.

ETA: A spokesperson for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints declined to comment for this story, saying the church has no connection to this topic.

Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell Took Latter-day Saints Faith to 'Dark Places,' Scholar Says

You Tuber "Kj in the ray" commented on Christopher Blythe's comments today. I've listened to several of her videos on this case and she is good.

The duct tape and bag thing is odd, indeed, and I just assumed they were trying to seal his body from the air a much as possible in order to keep cadavar dogs (or anyone) from getting a scent.
<snipped for focus>
JMOO

I agree about the double-bagging, if head/to-toe, to have been all about containing decomposition odors. As to the duct tape, I recall a fellow sleuth suggesting that could have been an attempt to rein in rigor mortis. If so, it would presumably have been done before rigor began, but maybe not, which could explain the excessive use of tape.

I deeply hope that the tape was not part of the COD. What kind of a monster would do such a thing?

Last edited:
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
9 mins ·

The googly eyes won't show up and there's no text but something is brewing on Justin's FB account. Not sure if it's related

Heartwarming letter prior to taking a vacation. Sounds like this story has really gotten to him. I understand that. I helped cover the Natalia Semler murder case in 1973 and I still have nightmares about it.

I was thinking about that text to Tammy. After he bragged about killing the raccoon and burying it in the cemetery that held the bodies of her beloved pets, he wrote "I love you." She waited a few hours and wrote back "good for you." If I have this wrong, I apologize, but it went something like that. Did anyone else think her writing "good for you" may have been sarcastic? Maybe she wrote that because he wrote "I love you." And maybe she wasn't feeling it at the moment.

I just bring this up because I've wrote or said that same phrase to my hubby when I was mad at him for something, after he said "I love you." Lol, we've been married for 44 years and I do love him but sometimes...you know what I mean? I think after being in a long marriage there are moments...lol. I know I wouldn't be happy to know that my husband buried a murdered animal in my beloved pet cemetery. But that's another matter.

I just wonder if Tammy felt a change in Chad in those last few weeks. Poor lady!
Melanie Gibb confirmed that Tammy was suspicious of Chad and Lori - and I would say may have known more if Charles ever got in touch with her. I bet she was just pissed at him.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

DAYBELL TRIAL: Pre-trial & jury trial set for Chad Daybell. He pleaded not guilty to charges of concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence as well as conspiracy charges. JJ Vallow & Tylee Ryan, the kids of Lori Vallow were found dead on his property in June.

Page 3 is the mugshot we've all seen.

Attachments

• 20200824_213336.jpg
    20200824_213336.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200824_213353.jpg
    20200824_213353.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 36
I wondered why he sent the text at all, when he could have just told her later. It's like he wanted to avoid the conversation, like he knew Tammy would be able to tell when he was lying. I think that's what his visions (lies) are about, when he wants something he falls back on 'someone on the other side of the veil said...'.

moo
Hadn’t thought about it before but good point. Sounds like he planned to be home from the Univ when Tammy returned from work. Now I’m wondering if Chad thought someone Tammy knows well may have passed by and taken an interest in the digging/burning. And/or heard a gunshot. IMO the main reason to text her right then would be so she wouldn’t be suspicious if someone mentioned it that afternoon, plus she’d be armed with an innocuous answer that would hopefully staunch any speculation.

The duct tape and bag thing is odd, indeed, and I just assumed they were trying to seal his body from the air a much as possible in order to keep cadavar dogs (or anyone) from getting a scent.

But, as you say, it could have been a mode of death, in which case, I really want to see those two get the death penalty.

JMOO
Hopefully if JJ was alive when wrapped up there will be signs of life on the wrapping materials. I’m confident if the body had been found immediately they could tell if he struggled to breathe inside the plastic and duct tape, conscious or not. Hopefully, the forensics team will be able to glean that info despite decomp and time.

Hadn’t thought about it before but good point. Sounds like he planned to be home from the Univ when Tammy returned from work. Now I’m wondering if Chad thought someone Tammy knows well may have passed by and taken an interest in the digging/burning. And/or heard a gunshot. IMO the main reason to text her right then would be so she wouldn’t be suspicious if someone mentioned it that afternoon, plus she’d be armed with an innocuous answer that would hopefully staunch any speculation.

That’s good thinking, I believe. It seems to me that his text was intended to cover his *** if anyone heard a gunshot or observed digging/burning.

I agree about the double-bagging, if head/to-toe, to have been all about containing decomposition odors. As to the duct tape, I recall a fellow sleuth suggesting that could have been an attempt to rein in rigor mortis. If so, it would presumably have been done before rigor began, but maybe not, which could explain the excessive use of tape.

I deeply hope that the tape was not part of the COD. What kind of a monster would do such a thing?
Decomp odor and fluids, Don't forget they had to transport his body and most likely did not want any DNA etc to be in the vehicle of transport. It was overkill with the bags, duct tape etc. MOO I think it was to contain all of that and make it easier to move his body too!

But just look at all the mistakes made for someone supposedly just puttin' on an act and playing dumb! You don't think that Chad really thought that nobody ever follows up on missing children, do you? If you think Chad thought that, that is an indication of not being very smart, not being a calculating genius.

As an aside, it was Lori who purchased the rings with Charles Vallow's amazon account prior to Tammy dying, not Chad. That indicates planning on Lori's part, not Chad's.

I don't quite understand the apparent reluctance to acknowledge that when people do these kinds of things, they are not normal, and it is fairly easy to recognize that they are not normal. That is not an "excuse" for behavior, but rather an explanation for behavior, when we are all asking "Why? Why? Why?".

And while we have not heard from Chad's family that he was considered slow, what we have heard (through his brother and sister-in-law) is that a majority of his family at one time or another thought he had visions and was "gifted". They have more or less acknowledged right there that Chad was not considered to be "normal".

Research has shown that severe head trauma can cause epilepsy and that the visions produced during a seizure are often visions of what the person was thinking about prior to the seizure.

So when Chad is out digging graves in the cemetery, what is he thinking about? Dead people who never truly die.

Or the killing of the bees story, where he seems to dissociate and repeats the same action over and over, when suddenly he "comes to" and wonders to himself why he is doing this.

IMO it would take a lot more energy and organization to "fake" this for years, rather than just admit that something is truly "wrong" with him, and I would bet that brain imaging would show this. JMO
I’m sorry, but there are millions of people out there who have suffered head injuries more often and/or more severe than CD and they don’t think burying conveniently dead children in their backyard is OK.

I agree this guy is SO not normal—but head injuries did not make him evil. And if we believe a mental illness mitigates his cruel un-normalness, then the majority of murderers also deserve the same kind of pass. And that’s just not the case. Not in my book.

JMO

Last edited:
I wondered why he sent the text at all, when he could have just told her later. It's like he wanted to avoid the conversation, like he knew Tammy would be able to tell when he was lying. I think that's what his visions (lies) are about, when he wants something he falls back on 'someone on the other side of the veil said...'.

moo
I think he sent the text in a misguided attempt to provide a record of why he (they?) were digging and messing around the backyard, including firepit and animal cemetery.

As far as Tammy's response, I think at a minimum she was busy at work (where she made the lion's share of their income and provided actual benefits like healthcare, while Chad was writing BS books and hanging out at a BYU satellite campus), and maybe she was actually annoyed at the lack any real contribution to the marriage/family.

I think Tammy felt or knew about Chad's extra curricular activities for a while. She was figuring out her next move hopefully. I don't think she thought he'd try to kill her. just leave her owing money maybe on the house & more. Her coworker said she didn't act normal or look well or something like that the day before at school, iirc. Did she know before Charles died and held it in all that time? Before July 11 until her death? Or did Adam tell her after Charles died? She did go home early in Oct. per Chad's encouragement, I think. Information into how Tammy was doing before she died is priceless. Wish there was more.

RIP Tammy, RIP

I think Tammy felt or knew about Chad's extra curricular activities for a while. She was figuring out her next move hopefully. I don't think she thought he'd try to kill her. just leave her owing money maybe on the house & more. Her coworker said she didn't act normal or look well or something like that the day before at school, iirc. Did she know before Charles died and held it in all that time? Before July 11 until her death? Or did Adam tell her after Charles died? She did go home early in Oct. per Chad's encouragement, I think. Information into how Tammy was doing before she died is priceless. Wish there was more.

RIP Tammy, RIP

You bring up something very interesting. Many LDS people keep journals, it is often encouraged for families to have time set aside for journal writing. I wonder if TD kept a journal. Would her family have known about it? Would CD have read it? If TD kept a journal, what happened to it?

I think that we have seen all levels of monsters. Who would think that a father who seemed to love his children would drop his clean little girls in vats of filthy oil?

RIP Tammy, RIP
For me there is a lot to unpack in your post so I have to focus on just Tammy.
I don’t think she knew anything about the other deaths.
I do think she knew about Lori and Chad. Unfortunately, I don’t think she was considering any next move.
I want to think she did, but I think she was just about her family. And keeping it together.
I strongly believe she was poisoned. And had no idea what he was going to do to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur