Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about that, too.
Chads lawyer is waiting for the right time....then bam...divorce. LV think she has everyone under her thumb, just bat her eyes and they will fall. It will be interesting.

what I would love to see is she is served with divorce papers in court I want to see her reaction. Then she would get an extension...not if I were the Judge.

JMOO

I wonder about that, too.
Chads lawyer is waiting for the right time....then bam...divorce. LV think she has everyone under her thumb, just bat her eyes and they will fall. It will be interesting.

what I would love to see is she is served with divorce papers in court I want to see her reaction. Then she would get an extension...not if I were the Judge.

JMOO

It's interesting that one lawyer doesn't object to joinder and the other lawyer does. I would think that both lawyers would be on the same page about this. Why aren't they?

I had the impression that CD's lawyer in his argument was letting the court know that a motion for severance would be forthcoming if the joinder was approved, and essentially, it would waste more time and resources than needed for that reason.

The strategy. I can't figure out what LVD's lawyer is doing here not objecting which weakens the defense's overall arguments about joinder.

It's obvious to me that a joinder is a big advantage for the prosecution.

Unless I'm not understanding the whole strategy. I sure hope our members who are lawyers can shed some light on the strategy these defense lawyers are using. :)

I honestly don't see him turning on her? I did think one of them would do it for some time, but they're both holding on to it for so long. The money will run out, if it didn't already. And then what? Who is going to help Lori? Not her son, I don't believe. Her only chance might be her parents. I don't doubt Chad's children will have his back until the very end though. I wish Lori just turned on him ASAP to be honest, I would LOVE for Chad to stop feeling like a God lol, I can't stand these people.

I honestly don't see him turning on her? I did think one of them would do it for some time, but they're both holding on to it for so long. The money will run out, if it didn't already. And then what? Who is going to help Lori? Not her son, I don't believe. Her only chance might be her parents. I don't doubt Chad's children will have his back until the very end though. I wish Lori just turned on him ASAP to be honest, I would LOVE for Chad to stop feeling like a God lol, I can't stand these people.
Nate Eaton claimed not so long ago that Lori and Chad were still united while Chad's attorney is sending the opposite signal from the get go by calling her Miss Vallow. Technically she's still Mrs Daybell. Maybe Chad will leave JP do his job to save him at Lori's expense. I can see Chad's strategy as denial of any involvement in (and knowledge of) the children's disappearance and burial. He just believed Lori's explanation that she sent the kids away. He doesn't know if she harmed them herself, but she and her brother were unnaturally close. When it comes to Lori, she can try to pin it all on Alex, but since Chad probably didn't carry out the murders, then she can't blame him without implicating herself. IMO they are both hoping that their charges won't be upgraded and that at least some of the evidence against them will be struck off. They are both arrogant enough to think they can get away with it.
When it comes to financial backing, I'm not sure if Lori's parent's have sufficient means to help her. JP and MM might end up as public defenders in this case, although MM is likely out if/when the murder charges drop.

Nate Eaton claimed not so long ago that Lori and Chad were still united while Chad's attorney is sending the opposite signal from the get go by calling her Miss Vallow. Technically she's still Mrs Daybell. Maybe Chad will leave JP do his job to save him at Lori's expense. I can see Chad's strategy as denial of any involvement in (and knowledge of) the children's disappearance and burial. He just believed Lori's explanation that she sent the kids away. He doesn't know if she harmed them herself, but she and her brother were unnaturally close. When it comes to Lori, she can try to pin it all on Alex, but since Chad probably didn't carry out the murders, then she can't blame him without implicating herself. IMO they are both hoping that their charges won't be upgraded and that at least some of the evidence against them will be struck off. They are both arrogant enough to think they can get away with it.
When it comes to financial backing, I'm not sure if Lori's parent's have sufficient means to help her. JP and MM might end up as public defenders in this case, although MM is likely out if/when the murder charges drop.

Chad doesn't even react, seemingly, when Prior calls her Miss Vallow. Jmo

I've just read the comments in the East Idaho News on this article - one reader said how fortunate it is that Chad hadn't got Lori pregnant! Certainly for the child, but I wonder if Chad and Lori are thinking "Dang, why didn't we think of that?"
Why would they want another child?
For life insurance money? They are sickening.

JMOO
If Prior could have succeeded with separate trials, I’m certain Chad would be filing for divorce, blaming Lori and Alex, and planning on his future hitting on vulnerable women. Lori would definitely do that too, if the shoe was on the other foot. They don’t share love. They share greed.

I fully expect Chad to throw Lori under the bus. Why else is his attorney so h*ll bent on calling her Miss Vallow? Jmo
Yep! I fully expect Prior to request severing the cases once he’s ready to admit CD’s defense will not be the same as Lori’s. The questioning will be fun to watch if Prior calls Lori as an uncooperative witness.

If that happens will also be interesting to see what look CD chooses to put on his face when she’s on the stand.

Last edited:
The honeymoon is over? I can't wait for the trial. I wonder if CD will give LVD divorce papers before the trial date. I bet that the attorney fees for Means are going to be paid by the state soon.
I wonder if he’ll try to go for an annulment. What’s required for an annulment in the Morman church? Not that they were ever actually married in the church. But I’m curious.

Since they were married in Hawaii, would a legal annulment be based on Hawaii state law or Idaho law? Either way, I imagine burying your murdered kids in your future hubby’s backyard without his knowledge might qualify. I assume that’ll be Chad’s story and he’ll stick with it no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

I wonder if he’ll try to go for an annulment. What’s required for an annulment in the Morman church? Not that they were ever actually married in the church. But I’m curious.

Since they were married in Hawaii, would a legal annulment be based on Hawaii state law or Idaho law? Either way, I imagine burying your murdered kids in your future hubby’s backyard without his knowledge might qualify. I assume that’ll be Chad’s story and he’ll stick with it no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

Well, CD and LVD never had an LDS marriage ceremony, so that is null.

CD would have to review the law where they were married, Hawaii. If, they were legally married there. Maybe they never actually got a license? Not sure on the laws regarding marriage in Hawaii.

CD will deny, deny, deny. I agree. He will say he didn't know anything. LVD may also deny, deny, deny, and blame everything on AC. Good luck.

It's interesting that one lawyer doesn't object to joinder and the other lawyer does. I would think that both lawyers would be on the same page about this. Why aren't they?

I had the impression that CD's lawyer in his argument was letting the court know that a motion for severance would be forthcoming if the joinder was approved, and essentially, it would waste more time and resources than needed for that reason.

The strategy. I can't figure out what LVD's lawyer is doing here not objecting which weakens the defense's overall arguments about joinder.

It's obvious to me that a joinder is a big advantage for the prosecution.

Unless I'm not understanding the whole strategy. I sure hope our members who are lawyers can shed some light on the strategy these defense lawyers are using. :)
My theory is Prior is planning to blame everything on Lori while Means was thinking Chad would stay on Lori’s page. Unless he’s a complete idiot, after the preliminary hearing Means must realize Prior/CD are going to throw Lori under the bus.

Lori refusing to believe that Chad’s turning in her is the only explanation for Means not objecting as well IMO . Assuming Means has a base level of competency, of course. At the end of the day he has to follow Lori’s direction no matter how inadvisable.

Either that, or he’s too terrified to tell her Chad is bailing. Either way, if he’s not miserable already I bet he will be soon.

MOO

I’m unaware of how a joint case works. Does this mean the same verdict for each defendant and if guilty, the same time to serve, etc...?

When the accused are on trial for conspiracy, it seems to me that the evidence will have to present enough for each defendant to be found guilty.

It could be possible to find one not guilty and the other one guilty. Or for each to be found guilty and receive different sentences.

When the accused are on trial for conspiracy, it seems to me that the evidence will have to present enough for each defendant to be found guilty.

It could be possible to find one not guilty and the other one guilty. Or for each to be found guilty and receive different sentences.

In which case we can expect Lori to sit in a low chair and speak in her little girl voice and make googly eyes at Chad like a besotted follower, and Means to bring out every aspect of Chad's ooga-booga.

Well, CD and LVD never had an LDS marriage ceremony, so that is null.

CD would have to review the law where they were married, Hawaii. If, they were legally married there. Maybe they never actually got a license? Not sure on the laws regarding marriage in Hawaii.

CD will deny, deny, deny. I agree. He will say he didn't know anything. LVD may also deny, deny, deny, and blame everything on AC. Good luck.

Their marriage license was presented as evidence by the prosecution at Chad's preliminary hearing. So their marriage is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee