Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read the comments in the East Idaho News on this article - one reader said how fortunate it is that Chad hadn't got Lori pregnant! Certainly for the child, but I wonder if Chad and Lori are thinking "Dang, why didn't we think of that?"
Actually, what I meant was that right now Lori could be sitting in court looking very pregnant and woebegone, and playing the sympathy card as hard as she can.

Actually, what I meant was that right now Lori could be sitting in court looking very pregnant and woebegone, and playing the sympathy card as hard as she can.
I guess that’s possible. On the other hand, I would think social workers would be sitting next to her as soon as she gave birth so it could be placed for adoption to a “loving” mother. I mean, no way would a court allow her to raise another child!

@Tortoise - now that they have their cases together -
is there any changes for LV for the Fremont case (one w/Chad). I have her next hearing 2/25/21 & trial 3/22/21.

Fremont County #CR22-20-0838

and I know Chad has a hearing on 11/24/20. Is the 12/8/20 hearing still there? And his trial date of 1/11/21.

TIA!
citrouille14.gif

@Tortoise - now that they have their cases together -
is there any changes for LV for the Fremont case (one w/Chad). I have her next hearing 2/25/21 & trial 3/22/21.

and I know Chad has a hearing on 11/24/20. Is the 12/8/20 hearing still there? And his trial date of 1/11/21.

TIA!
citrouille14.gif
I'm just going to wait and see what goes up on the court site in the coming days/weeks Niner. With the combined cases I imagine some hearings will be cancelled.

I agree... its as if the primary focus is whether they will be tried together, and the fate of those children is out of the limelight.
This case is the first time I have been on Websleuths, so I would like to hear opinions of old timers.....

Do you get frustrated in this "waiting period" before a trial.
Do you still try to stay engaged.
Does new and startling evidence ever come up during this "waiting period".

I also just love to hear from Rexburg insiders who still have the pulse on the community. I hope if you guys pop in, you can give us some insight into how the people are feeling. Given that Covid and elections is so in the air, our case is probably not so.

I voted early the other day in Madison County. Rob Wood was on the ballot running unopposed. Other than that, we're up to our eyeballs in Covid. And local residents main worry seems to be whether or not Halloween is cancelled. I haven't seen Mark Means' car at the women's facility in quite some time, unless he got new wheels. MOO.

Snipped for focus
CD will deny, deny, deny. I agree. He will say he didn't know anything. LVD may also deny, deny, deny, and blame everything on AC. Good luck.

With two bodies buried in his back yard, he knew nothing? I don’t buy it and I doubt a jury will, either. LVD might have a better chance, since she has not apparently been tied to the burial scenes yet, IIRC, but who knows with these two?

This has the potential to damage MG's and DW's credibility, imo - (entries copied from our timeline)

19-23 Sep 2019 – MG testified under x-exam that she stayed in TR’s room and DW stayed in JJ’s room. JJ stayed in a bed in the corner of LV’s room. Source: CD’s Preliminary Hearing Aug 2020

20 Sep 2019 – DW testified that he arrived at LV’s home in Rexburg about 7:30pm. He was there for a conference on the Saturday (21st). Source: CD’s Preliminary Hearing Aug 2020

22 Sep 2019 – night of - DW testified that he was doing a podcast with MG and LV. JJ was not there – he was staying with AlC and AlC brought him home to go to bed, later in the night. Under x-exam DW says he did not see JJ there that evening but then under redirect he says he did see him being brought home and he was put to bed in LV’s room. DW slept in JJ’s room and MG slept in Tylee’s room. Source: CD’s Preliminary Hearing Aug 2020

19 Sept 2019 -The new nanny arrives to watch JJ; [...] The nanny noticed that JJ’s room didn’t seem to have a bed in it, only toys, and he slept on a thin mattress in the corner of Lori’s room.

This has the potential to damage MG's and DW's credibility, imo - (entries copied from our timeline)

19-23 Sep 2019 – MG testified under x-exam that she stayed in TR’s room and DW stayed in JJ’s room. JJ stayed in a bed in the corner of LV’s room. Source: CD’s Preliminary Hearing Aug 2020

20 Sep 2019 – DW testified that he arrived at LV’s home in Rexburg about 7:30pm. He was there for a conference on the Saturday (21st). Source: CD’s Preliminary Hearing Aug 2020

22 Sep 2019 – night of - DW testified that he was doing a podcast with MG and LV. JJ was not there – he was staying with AlC and AlC brought him home to go to bed, later in the night. Under x-exam DW says he did not see JJ there that evening but then under redirect he says he did see him being brought home and he was put to bed in LV’s room. DW slept in JJ’s room and MG slept in Tylee’s room. Source: CD’s Preliminary Hearing Aug 2020

19 Sept 2019 -The new nanny arrives to watch JJ; [...] The nanny noticed that JJ’s room didn’t seem to have a bed in it, only toys, and he slept on a thin mattress in the corner of Lori’s room.
So there was no bed in JJ's room on the 19th, but presumably there was space for one. Could they have used an inflatable mattress? Maybe DW brought one along? I'm sure it would be easy for DW to explain what he was sleeping on. I'd be surprised if he wasn't asked about it before.

It seems like Lori didn't have a proper bed for JJ, so nobody could have seen one. For all we know DW and MG could have only known that he slept in Lori's room.

If they were all sitting around the kitchen table for the podcast then they didn't actually see Alex in Lori's room with JJ.

Then there was this lack of denial, tacit agreement even, in the recorded phone conversation -

Melanie Gibb

“I’m not. I am very, I am troubled. Maybe that’s the better word: troubled. Because these things, like you being with Chad before he’s even divorced, is unusual behavior for a person that’s seen Jesus Christ.”

Lori Daybell
“I was never with him and he was never divorced.”

Melanie Gibb
“Honey, I’ve seen you guys together.”

Lori Daybell
“That’s your story. (Unintelligible)”

Melanie Gibb
“Oh, oh. So I haven’t ever seen you with, I’ve never seen you with Chad, kiss him and walk around the track and BYU with him. I never saw that? You say I’m–”

Lori Daybell
You’re the one who’s feeling guilty about being with someone before they were divorced.”

Melanie Gibb
Oh honey. I think that’s not what we’re talking about here.”

Lori Daybell
“It’s not what we’re talking about here. That’s why I’m saying. You aren’t going off the deep end. But–”

Melanie Gibb
“I’m just saying, this is not a behavior of someone that sees Jesus Christ. It’s not the behavior.”

Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording

Last edited:
So there was no bed in JJ's room on the 19th, but presumably there was space for one. Could they have used an inflatable mattress? Maybe DW brought one along? I'm sure it would be easy for DW to explain what he was sleeping on. I'd be surprised if he wasn't asked about it before.

It seems like Lori didn't have a proper bed for JJ, so nobody could have seen one. For all we know DW and MG could have only known that he slept in Lori's room.

If they were all sitting around the kitchen table for the podcast then they didn't actually see Alex in Lori's room with JJ.
Yes they could have put up an inflatable mattress. It could be true, but if it isn't and he doesn't know what the nanny observed and they didn't put up a camp bed it has the potential to cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery