Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through each photo also, and looked up the summary of the book on Amazon that positioned in clear view on the furniture at the base of the bed.

Some things I noticed:

Joseph Ryan was a veteran.

There was an extra bedroom (and bathroom), but it didn't seem like there was a place for a child to stay and spend the night. Did Tylee ever visit? Did anyone?

This was such a basic apartment, compared to the huge, very nice house they shared in Texas when he and Lori were married. How long had Joseph been staying in that apartment?

The pictures of the doors were interesting.

Last edited:
Some things I noticed:

There was an extra bedroom (and bathroom), but it didn't seem like there was a place for a child to stay and spend the night. Did Tylee ever visit? Did anyone?

This was such a basic apartment, compared to the huge, very nice house they shared in Texas when he and Lori were married. How long had Joseph been staying in that apartment?

I'm not sure if Lori was allowing Tylee to visit him at that time.

Some things I noticed:

What was interesting about the door pics?

"The police report says Joseph's neighbor smelled a strong odor, and noticed flies inside the apartment. A maintenance worker couldn't get in through the front door because of an engaged secondary lock, so he used a ladder to access an open window by the balcony. Police say Joseph, who was 59 at the time, had been dead for a couple days, and was in advanced stages of decomposition. There were no signs of forced entry. Joseph was cremated.

"To this moment, there isn't any additional information that will lead investigators to believe there was foul play," said Sgt. Fortune.

Police did contact Lori, who was listed as next of kin, more than a week after the discovery. The report says she told officers she had not heard from her ex-husband in two years."

Lawyer for Lori Vallow's dead ex-husband speaks out as police look into Joseph Ryan's death once again

The front door had an extra lock that was locked from the inside. The sliding door to the balcony, however, was open. The maintenance person used a ladder to get in that way, but was it left open before that?

I noticed that to straight away Renarde. This was a man very concerned about safety, why would he leave a balcony door unlocked and open. The balcony/unit is not that high off the ground, with a ladder easy enter/exit.
From looking at the photos it shows Joseph Ryan died in his bed asleep. Locking every doors in his place after living there few months, (also after the assault on him by Lori 's Brother) would be second nature.
Why forget balcony door? Why leave it open/ easy access unsniped?
I keep doors locked in my house(It is second Nature), for safety having a child with special needs we lock all our doors if left unlocked the little one would run out and explore. Years before lived with girls above shops in Melbourne, Australia (bit of a rough neighbourhood) In the 1920's it was the haunts of Squizzy Taylor and the battle ground of two rival suburbs. Even in the 1990's not changed much from earlier history. We had a back balcony that always remained locked.
Renarde, one thing I noticed there were two or three magnetic large clips on the fridge, all the papers were on the kitchen bench, maybe it is an Australian thing, but on our fridges we put our paperwork such as bills etc clipped to the fridge as reminders to paid along with photos of family and contact numbers. With the paperclips magnets on the fridge it looks like he did the same thing, but the papers were on the bench from the photo spread out. Also having your ex wife contact details as next of kin to be found right there I found it to be odd,
Looking at the photos in my opinion J Ryan was starting to get his life slowly back together, seeing the bike in the photos living there those few months maybe he was a bit more fitter than what was first reported.

I’m following four cases on WS and have followed this one since the beginning. Sad to see the wheels of justice turning slowly in all four cases.

The Daybells should be in prison already, not in county jail proclaiming their innocence.

So many murders and so little justice.

But it is disturbing to think that the children could be unsupervised with someone who is unstable.
"During a supervised visit at his Washington state home earlier this year, Josh Powell locked the front door on a social worker, used a hatchet on his boys and then torched the home to kill himself and the two children."

Last edited:
"The police report says Joseph's neighbor smelled a strong odor, and noticed flies inside the apartment. A maintenance worker couldn't get in through the front door because of an engaged secondary lock, so he used a ladder to access an open window by the balcony. Police say Joseph, who was 59 at the time, had been dead for a couple days, and was in advanced stages of decomposition. There were no signs of forced entry. Joseph was cremated.

"To this moment, there isn't any additional information that will lead investigators to believe there was foul play," said Sgt. Fortune.

Police did contact Lori, who was listed as next of kin, more than a week after the discovery. The report says she told officers she had not heard from her ex-husband in two years."

Lawyer for Lori Vallow's dead ex-husband speaks out as police look into Joseph Ryan's death once again
It would not be too hard to check court dates or custody intereactions for the 2 years prior. It would interesting to know if she laughed and giggled like she did in the body cam video on the day Charles was shot. JMO

There are two glasses on the nightstand. He appeared to keep the place relatively tidy; I wonder if LE checked to see if the same fingerprints/DNA were on both.
And 2 plates and utensils in the sink. I noticed the cups were not on the coasters yet in the kitchen, a water bottle was placed in one.

Joe Ryan's sister AC believes women's glasses are in one of the bathroom pics. Allegedly Lori wore that style. On her Twitter AC also mentions items that Lori took out of Joe's apartment after his death.
I am glad you mentioned this. I felt very invasive and sad when I saw the first couple pictures and stopped looking. I felt like it was an invasion of privacy and disrespectful to his family. But now that I know his sister is finding potential clues and it is helping, I went back through them. Those do look like female style sunglasses. Would be good if a photo of her wearing them were available.

2018 wasn't that long ago. I am curious what records could be still be available proving she was in the area around that time. Credit card charges (gas, food), car rental, flights, hotel or even an eye witness. Too bad they did not check the sauce, pills, toothpaste, water bottle in the kitchen and so on for anything.

I hope we don’t see it, but I think it’s pretty unfortunate that AC released the recording she had of Lori which mentions her saying she will “kill him”, this (among many other things) is and will continue to be able to be used by the Defensw as part of their argument about difficulty of seating an impartial jury in the existing venue. It’s unfortunate, especially because she is one who really, really wants justice, but this action is absolutely not a good way to go about getting that. I know this will likely be an unpopular opinion, but I wanted to share it as I think it is important to remember especially as we get closer to hearing if the venue will change and, if so, where it will be moved to. It’s also no surprise given the extensive and worldwide coverage this case has gotten that the Defense is trying this, but I really hate to see anything given to them that helps their case even more.

Also - if the State even tried to get the recording in, which I think would be tricky and difficult, it still doesn’t negate the fact that releasing it so publicly before their trial doesn’t help the State, in my opinion. The recording will have to be shown to have relevance to the present charges, among other things, and who knows if the State would even try to get it in but still.

I hope we don’t see it, but I think it’s pretty unfortunate that AC released the recording she had of Lori which mentions her saying she will “kill him”, this (among many other things) is and will continue to be able to be used by the Defensw as part of their argument about difficulty of seating an impartial jury in the existing venue. It’s unfortunate, especially because she is one who really, really wants justice, but this action is absolutely not a good way to go about getting that. I know this will likely be an unpopular opinion, but I wanted to share it as I think it is important to remember especially as we get closer to hearing if the venue will change and, if so, where it will be moved to. It’s also no surprise given the extensive and worldwide coverage this case has gotten that the Defense is trying this, but I really hate to see anything given to them that helps their case even more.

Also - if the State even tried to get the recording in, which I think would be tricky and difficult, it still doesn’t negate the fact that releasing it so publicly before their trial doesn’t help the State, in my opinion. The recording will have to be shown to have relevance to the present charges, among other things, and who knows if the State would even try to get it in but still.
I think some of AC's videos and posts, especially her speculation about MG's and DW's credibility and involvement could help one or both defenses, but her release of Lori's 2018 recording isn't one of them. IMO the venue change will be granted regardless, based on the survey according to which most people in East Idaho already made their minds and were unlikely to change. I also don't expect for the 2018 recording to be used by the prosecution in the children's case.

Last edited:
I’m following four cases on WS and have followed this one since the beginning. Sad to see the wheels of justice turning slowly in all four cases.

The Daybells should be in prison already, not in county jail proclaiming their innocence.

So many murders and so little justice.

Daybell’s attorney argues why he thinks trial should be moved out of east Idaho - East Idaho News.
I pray for whatever Jury is seated.
The evidence photos alone. What a nightmare.

MOO

Daybell’s attorney argues why he thinks trial should be moved out of east Idaho - East Idaho News.

MOO

We discussed this quite a bit earlier. I agreed, that moving the trial one or two counties over in Eastern Idaho was not going to make much difference. We also discussed the potential of moving the trial to Western Idaho, most likely Boise.

INMO, this won't make much difference. Actually, staying away from Western Idaho may actually be in CD's favor. The less religious folks are there, and are more likely to be very skeptical of CD's extreme religious beliefs.

MOO
Oh absolutely. I wish there had been interrogators that had gotten an admission of all guilt from Lori and Chad.

But then I think of what cold blooded liars they have always been.

Jurors have seen worse but I do feel for them. And if it is that bad, there will be convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmb9201