Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say there actually is quite a good amount of lawyers and law offices in Rexburg. And an even larger amount in Idaho Falls, which is about 25/30ish minutes away. There are plenty that would have been qualified without needing to seek out a lawyer that is about 4.5 hours away. All jmo

Yes. I actually wrote a list of how many attorneys CD and LVD already went through. Personally, I think that a lot of folks just plain didn't want their business. Especially local people.

Yes. I actually wrote a list of how many attorneys CD and LVD already went through. Personally, I think that a lot of folks just plain didn't want their business. Especially local people.
:rolleyes:Eh imo that’s splitting hairs, but I think there’s a line between staying professional and getting emotionally invested. There’s a lot of professions that I can think of would fall into that category. All jmo

Edit to add: I’m not on their side, just saying they could find an unbiased lawyer if they wanted to. And I think everyone should have fair representation to avoid any technicalities. I think they were probably looking for some specific criteria in a lawyer to reach that far. Again all jmo

I am concerned that they found the children dead on HIS property and they aren’t being charged with murder one.

Youthink maybe the people of their State won’t convict for murder? Even if they claim Alex did it, I would find them guilty of murder if I were on the jury. Time is on their side though.

Sadly, murder charges of any kind are not on their heads. Not this go-’round, anyway — more’s the pity.

Also IMHO it’s not a good look for the Prosecutor to have met with them BEFORE they ever spoke with investigators, but I guess we will see how this plays out. I’ve often thought, unfortunately, that Wood is not experienced enough to handle such a large & complex case.

I did a quick read of his response and thought it said that they reached out to him. The meeting was not investigative in nature. Could it be that they were fishing for LV even back then?

I did a quick read of his response and thought it said that they reached out to him. The meeting was not investigative in nature. Could it be that they were fishing for LV even back then?

I watched the Scott Riesch video and he posted it prior to knowing that JP had filed basically the same motion. I would like to hear his thoughts now. My thoughts are that the accusations are very serious and I could see MM doing such without fully grasping the magnitude. However, it concerns because as I've said JP has thus far done a good job for CD and he strikes me as someone who fully understands the consequences of his accusations.

RW response is interesting and not sure of what to make of his filing of the judicial protective order

The Court TV video had a lot of good info also and it looks like the transcript is out there. They even said it's possible the audio could be potentially released soon

Last edited:
12/17/2020 Order to Seal

Order by judge Boyce:

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the December 16, 2020 Affidavit be SEALED, and that any further proposed affidavits or exhibits in support of the joint Motions t0 Disqualify be SEALED until further order of this Court. In addition, the transcript of the December 15, 2020 Status Conference is SEALED, until further order of this Court.

Last edited:
12/17/2020 Order to Seal

Order by judge Boyce:

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the December 16, 2020 Affidavit be SEALED, and that any further proposed affidavits or exhibits in support of the joint Motions t0 Disqualify be SEALED until further order of this Court. In addition, the transcript of the December 15, 2020 Status Conference is SEALED, until further order of this Court.

I'm curious about the transcript because it sounds like the transcript was already released. Court TV went over highlights of it so it's already out there?

I'm curious about the transcript because it sounds like the transcript was already released. Court TV went over highlights of it so it's already out there?

Today's Court TV said that Means filed the transcript before the judge could rule on its sealing @11:40, so it does sound like it was able to be seen by the public.

Thanks Niner. I'm juggling three different..no actually 4 cases, and I'm going nuts with the dates. LOL
Is there a calendar somewhere on WS that lists key trial dates for all current cases (or those with popular threads if every case would be too much)? If not, is that something that would be useful?

Wait....what???? Somehow I'm not surprised, because this kind of stuff seems to fit Mark Mean's style. But, if this is the case, then what's next?
Means might be sorry if his motion is approved. The current DA is probably very competent but in the prelim didn’t strike me as a charismatic powerhouse that would have jurors eating out of his hand. Surely there are other ID prosecutors that would love to try this case and some may be even more daunting.

Yeah. I’ve said this before, just watching the prelim I didn’t get any sense that Wood was super passionate & so devoted to finding justice for these poor kids. Most people said well that’s just because he’s saving it for the jury trial, and I sure hope so because, if anything, I thought Prior showed more passion (for trying to free his client from any charges and/or convictions), but Rob Wood didn’t strike me as being able to tell a really compelling & tug-at-your-heart style with his opening (or anything else he did) that we have seen with many other prosecutors before. I hope those were right who said he was just saving it for the trial.....

Yes, I found that interesting as I recall when a certain person (not sure if allowed to state here) went to Zulema's house... police called.. and he got through FOIA when the police went into her house the video. It was seen a a coup story at the time as he could not interview, yet she called police and therefore got into her house to interview and get stuff on record. She stated at that time, and went all over the internet, that she was planning to meet with the prosecutor. IIRC it was a few weeks from that date.

Don't know how that fits in, but it came to mind reading this.

Is there a calendar somewhere on WS that lists key trial dates for all current cases (or those with popular threads if every case would be too much)? If not, is that something that would be useful?

Are you familiar with @Niner? She (and her elves) keeps up with many cases here at WS and has a thread to do such.

Yes, I found that interesting as I recall when a certain person (not sure if allowed to state here) went to Zulema's house... police called.. and he got through FOIA when the police went into her house the video. It was seen a a coup story at the time as he could not interview, yet she called police and therefore got into her house to interview and get stuff on record. She stated at that time, and went all over the internet, that she was planning to meet with the prosecutor. IIRC it was a few weeks from that date.

Don't know how that fits in, but it came to mind reading this.

Link please? I don't remember this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member