Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up good points. I’ve always wondered how she decided it was a paintball gun and not a rifle. They can be almost indistinguishable. I suppose a high speed paintball gun fired at the head and up close could be lethal but why use that if you have access to a real rifle. As for any stray bullets, did Chad and/or Alex go searching after the failed attempt? Were they confident Tammy would not file a complaint with LE or did Chad have to work to convince her it had to be a prank? It’s possible Tammy initially thought it was a real rifle.
Wasn't one of their sons also at home at the time of the attack?

You bring up good points. I’ve always wondered how she decided it was a paintball gun and not a rifle. They can be almost indistinguishable. I suppose a high speed paintball gun fired at the head and up close could be lethal but why use that if you have access to a real rifle. As for any stray bullets, did Chad and/or Alex go searching after the failed attempt? Were they confident Tammy would not file a complaint with LE or did Chad have to work to convince her it had to be a prank? It’s possible Tammy initially thought it was a real rifle.
Brass catcher on a real rifle makes it look like a paintball gun, add goggle/ mask and anyone briefly seeing the shooter might say "paintball."

I don’t understand why the DA hasn’t brought more charges for both Lori and Chad.
At this point there is no need to do so.
It is strategic. Things said (if they dont plead the 5th) can later box them in. They do not know what evidence has been uncovered about their activities related to future charges. They won’t know until the charges are filed. So, how they position their defense for lesser crimes, may reveal they are total psychopaths. For example, they try to pretend AC did everything and they were totally oblivious... but then in future charges there is hard evidence of conspiracy to commit murder. Then they cant go back and change their story. If they plead the 5th for everything, the defense still presents the doubts and alternative theories... but later charges and evidence shut down every defense doubt presented.

Curious when both the accused will run out of money?? and the defense starts working for free. At that point, the lawyer is in it for publicity and the theatrics eclipse the actual case.

There is no doubt in my mind that she was disturbed and thought it was a real weapon. She filed a report because of it. She had a brain.
Seems she was led to believe it may not have been a real weapon by others, or even the police questions.
For example if it were you, and you thought someone had a real weapon and called police...
Then they start asking you details... Are you sure it was a gun? How do you know it was a real gun? Could it have been a paintball gun? Then maybe you start doubting what you saw... after all you weren't shot... no one sees bullets, casings or holes. Then maybe you realize you cant prove it was a gun, its possible it wasnt... and talk yourself out of it... because a real gun wouldnt make sense... But knowing what we know now, yes a real gun does make sense. And CD may have created the same doubts in her mind. But, a red flag here is that CD was not freaked out that someone would do this to his wife. You know the same CD that walks around on his property armed to shoot and bury raccoons and light bonfires while that same weird shooter dude buries strange things in the “pet cemetery” the at the same time CD is burying the raccoon he shot.
See that kind of rugged protector of the ranch would be taking an incident like that a bit differently. Since CD knew AC and appears knew he was there..., his behavior was different.

Did LE find that fresh killed raccoon? We know what they found.

I am not sure if AC fired and missed using a silencer, or... if he was freakishly terrorizing her instead. As a cold blooded killer, it would be curious to know why he would toy with TD first. That would be very nutty.
Since he was skilled with a .50 cal semi auto pistol, it would also be strange that he would miss her with a silencer equipped rifle. But that isnt the only person he missed... so My gut tells me that he did live fire and missed. Good question who actually later finished that job.,, Defense of CD and LCRVD (yeah I missed a few exes) has to try to pin everything on AC! So if you focus on that, does it even matter if AC live fired or not? They will paint him as the perp either way... Question is, how will they prove beyond a reasonable doubt that AC was not acting alone. Dead raccoons tell no tales.... unless well there was no dead raccon, that speaks loudly.

Since he was skilled with a .50 cal semi auto pistol, it would also be strange that he would miss her with a silencer equipped rifle. But that isnt the only person he missed... so My gut tells me that he did live fire and missed. Good question who actually later finished that job.,, Defense of CD and LCRVD (yeah I missed a few exes) has to try to pin everything on AC! So if you focus on that, does it even matter if AC live fired or not? They will paint him as the perp either way... Question is, how will they prove beyond a reasonable doubt that AC was not acting alone. Dead raccoons tell no tales.... unless well there was no dead raccon, that speaks loudly.
BBM. JP already insinuated in court that the pet cemetery was bigger than the excavated area, so the raccoon could have been missed.

What if Chad and Lori never murdered Lori's kids or got married right after Tammy's death? Would their spouses' deaths have been investigated to the same extent or would they have easily got away with it?
Going to have to say yes. You saw what happened when CV flat out told LE she was dangerous - nada, zip, nothing.

so... naturally the next question is how many people are getting away with it? I will go out on a limb here and say that somewhere between 1 in 100 to 1 in 1,000 life insurance cases actually involve foul play. You could check with major companies what the exact stats are. Its clear to me that ins companies know it and dont spend a lot trying to stop it. The resources it takes to investigate that many deaths make it more costly than just paying claims. As long as claims stay contained in a certain range there is no motivation to dig deeper. If it became a popular trend, they would start losing money and would have act.

so, ya, there are people mudering to get ins or other money. Its always been that way.

Now, how do we catch them?

I don’t believe there’s a scintilla of true spirituality in any of these people. All of their supposed beliefs focus on how entitled and special they are and the “darkness” of all those who don’t agree or dare to question Chad’s ridiculous doctrine.

I liked this, and if I could, I would like it a 100 times!

And I certainly hope that by now LE have dug over every inch of Chad's property - and every inch of anywhere else where either of them has ever lived wouldn't hurt!
But are there any people from their circles still unaccounted for? In all suspected murders money was likely one of the main motivators and the victims were all relatives. They didn't go on a rampage and kill strangers for the thrill of it. That said, IIRC there was a young woman that disappeared in Springville many years ago and some people were recently trying to make a connection with Chad.

But are there any people from their circles still unaccounted for? In all suspected murders money was likely one of the main motivators and the victims were all relatives. They didn't go on a rampage and kill strangers for the thrill of it. That said, IIRC there was a young woman that disappeared in Springville many years ago and some people were recently trying to make a connection with Chad.
True, I let my feelings get the better of my brains. Could you please tell us more about that young woman though?

There is no doubt in my mind that she was disturbed and thought it was a real weapon. She filed a report because of it. She had a brain.
Seems she was led to believe it may not have been a real weapon by others, or even the police questions.
For example if it were you, and you thought someone had a real weapon and called police...
Then they start asking you details... Are you sure it was a gun? How do you know it was a real gun? Could it have been a paintball gun? Then maybe you start doubting what you saw... after all you weren't shot... no one sees bullets, casings or holes. Then maybe you realize you cant prove it was a gun, its possible it wasnt... and talk yourself out of it... because a real gun wouldnt make sense... But knowing what we know now, yes a real gun does make sense. And CD may have created the same doubts in her mind. But, a red flag here is that CD was not freaked out that someone would do this to his wife. You know the same CD that walks around on his property armed to shoot and bury raccoons and light bonfires while that same weird shooter dude buries strange things in the “pet cemetery” the at the same time CD is burying the raccoon he shot.
See that kind of rugged protector of the ranch would be taking an incident like that a bit differently. Since CD knew AC and appears knew he was there..., his behavior was different.

Did LE find that fresh killed raccoon? We know what they found.

I am not sure if AC fired and missed using a silencer, or... if he was freakishly terrorizing her instead. As a cold blooded killer, it would be curious to know why he would toy with TD first. That would be very nutty.

I thought we had information that at some point indicated that the police had gone out searching the Daybell property for spent shells. (This was the article where EIN took a human interest moment to point out the neighborhood cat watching the excavation; I believe there was also snow on the ground.)

I find it a little hard to credit/believe that the police would be suggesting paintball guns to Tammy as an alternate explanation, as it doesn't sound professional to me... I think we can lay this one right directly at Chad's door, IMO. He would have a vested interest in minimizing it to Tammy; especially if the shooter was supposed to try again...

I agree it is very frustrating for these purposes that Alex is dead and thus that most (everything?) of what he knew is a locked vault; however, I have placed a certain amount of faith in the contents of these "multiple burner phones" found in Lori's dumb-assed possession.

True, I let my feelings get the better of my brains. Could you please tell us more about that young woman though?

Her name was Kiplyn Davis from Spanish Fork. She disappeared in 1995 when she was 15 (so a girl, not a woman). The guy who pleaded guilty to manslaughter in her case also claimed that someone else killed her and helped move her body. Springville cemetery where Chad used to work was searched with ground-penetrating radar in 2020. Her family knew of Chad. I doubt there is a connection.

An article from Apr 10, 2020:
The Justice Files: In search of bodies of the deceased

Last edited:
BBM. JP already insinuated in court that the pet cemetery was bigger than the excavated area, so the raccoon could have been missed.

I, for one, would support the request if Chad wanted a supervised outing to dig up the alleged raccoon.

Only a sick or trapped raccoon would be out at that time of day. If both a teenager and a raccoon were buried in the same general area on the same day, one would presume that the disturbance of the earth would NOT be particularly disguised in the case of the raccoon, and it would be easier to find that grave. I call B.S. And it all can be seen on this side of the veil.

Edited to add: Raccoons that are eating your garbage or moving into your attic are not pets. But it was not just suspicious to text that story to Tammy, it was also hostile. She loved animals.

And the treatment of Tylee---there are no words. She was not a pet, even if she was required to do tricks for Lori her whole life. Then, her remains were near those of pets, who were buried with respect.

Last edited:
Im probably wrong but I’m still suspicious of Laurie's sister’s death.

Her name was Kiplyn Davis from Spanish Fork. She disappeared in 1995 when she was 15 (so a girl, not a woman). The guy who pleaded guilty to manslaughter in her case also claimed that someone else killed her and helped move her body. Springville cemetery where Chad used to work was searched with ground-penetrating radar in 2020. Her family knew of Chad. I doubt there is a connection.

An article from Apr 10, 2020:
The Justice Files: In search of bodies of the deceased
Most of the “coincidences” in this case aren't coincidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur