Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Chad and Lori never murdered Lori's kids or got married right after Tammy's death? Would their spouses' deaths have been investigated to the same extent or would they have easily got away with it?

LVD could have easily given JJ back to his biological grandparents. I believe that JJ was a "revenge" killing. LVD was so mad when she found out CV had changed his insurance policy beneficiary, to Kay W. JJ was killed out of pure spite.

LVD could have also easily left Tylee, emancipated her, she was 17. Send her to college, or live in SLC close to her brother.

CD could have just divorced TD. People do it all the time.

But, then, there wouldn't have been any money. TD had to die for insurance money. Tylee, so LVD could have all of her money from JR. JJ, so LVD had the Social Security benefits.

Hawaii is no fun without a lot of cash.

LVD could have easily given JJ back to his biological grandparents. I believe that JJ was a "revenge" killing. LVD was so mad when she found out CV had changed his insurance policy beneficiary, to Kay W. JJ was killed out of pure spite.

LVD could have also easily left Tylee, emancipated her, she was 17. Send her to college, or live in SLC close to her brother.

CD could have just divorced TD. People do it all the time.

But, then, there wouldn't have been any money. TD had to die for insurance money. Tylee, so LVD could have all of her money from JR. JJ, so LVD had the Social Security benefits.

Hawaii is no fun without a lot of cash.
Charles also died for his insurance policy and so would BB if they were successful. Money was a common denominator in all the deaths, except maybe Alex's.

Charles also died for his insurance policy and so would BB if they were successful. Money was a common denominator in all the deaths, except maybe Alex's.
And Alex’s Death got them off the hook for murder. As long as he killed everybody (her husband and children, she’s obviously not a terribly sentimental woman,)for Laurie, and then conveniently died, she can’t be charged with accessory, because he’s not around to talk. Perfect crimes.

Last edited:

Which is exactly why I think that the "cult" and "religious beliefs" are just smoke and mirrors. This was about killing people for cash. Pure psychopathy. Sure, maybe they made up some crazy mumbo jumbo justifications...but the common denominator is cash.

I so want CD to be charged with TD's murder. But, I think that evidence is slim to none after the embalming process. I think CD knew what would happen to the body during embalming, and used something that would be untraceable.

I have been reading about post mortem, after embalming, forensic pharmacological toxicology. It seems like it is practically impossible, unless the there is a specific drug that they are testing for, like heroin, to detect overdose. Without having any background information to start with, from the technical research I have been reviewing, it looks pretty impossible. The goal would be to identify how the drug was introduced to the body, for high concentration levels at a specific area.

CD's "goal" was to ensure no autopsy. Quick embalming and burial.

Last edited:
Her name was Kiplyn Davis from Spanish Fork. She disappeared in 1995 when she was 15 (so a girl, not a woman). The guy who pleaded guilty to manslaughter in her case also claimed that someone else killed her and helped move her body. Springville cemetery where Chad used to work was searched with ground-penetrating radar in 2020. Her family knew of Chad. I doubt there is a connection.

An article from Apr 10, 2020:
The Justice Files: In search of bodies of the deceased

Kiplyn Davis has a thread here. UT - UT - Kiplyn Davis, 15, Spanish Fork, 2 May 1995

Spanish Fork is just five miles or so from Springville. It would be interesting to know if any of the named men implicated in Kiplyn's disappearance have a personal connection to Chad. A gravedigger's skills could have been helpful in making her disappear for the past quarter century.

Speculation only.

But, a red flag here is that CD was not freaked out that someone would do this to his wife.

Yes, the so-called paintball gun incident. If someone shot at my wife with whatever, I would raise the most unbelievable fuss that you could still hear the echoes. Whether Chad was the actual shooter or not, IMO he knew all about it.

snipped down to:

CD's "goal" was to ensure no autopsy. Quick embalming and burial.

The only reason I know of to embalm is to preserve a familiar looking body for a delayed funeral. Tammy was buried so fast, simply refrigerating her would have done fine. And it would have costed less.

Which is exactly why I think that the "cult" and "religious beliefs" are just smoke and mirrors. This was about killing people for cash. Pure psychopathy. Sure, maybe they made up some crazy mumbo jumbo justifications...but the common denominator is cash.
(Snipped for emphasis)

With respect, the two motives are not mutually exclusive. Chad's "Seven Missions" required cash.

(Snipped for emphasis)

With respect, the two motives are not mutually exclusive. Chad's "Seven Missions" required cash.
The "missions" might have been designed to impress/seduce Lori, just like his story that they've been married before. Financially she would have been better off staying with Charles. Chad lured her in by putting her on a pedestal - making her an equal partner in his new church. This was more than just money because they were two narcissists wanting to feel important. I'm surprised that there wasn't a membership fee for the 144k club. That's where the funding could have come from. They only took money (and lives) from their relatives to fund their lifestyle. They didn't invest it towards their missions. The way they were spending in Hawaii, they would have run out of funds sooner rather than later. It didn't look like they made any solid long term plans.

The "missions" might have been designed to impress/seduce Lori, just like his story that they've been married before. Financially she would have been better off staying with Charles. Chad lured her in by putting her on a pedestal - making her an equal partner in his new church. This was more than just money because they were two narcissists wanting to feel important. I'm surprised that there wasn't a membership fee for the 144k club. That's where the funding could have come from. They only took money (and lives) from their relatives to fund their lifestyle. They didn't invest it towards their missions. The way they were spending in Hawaii, they would have run out of funds sooner rather than later. It didn't look like they made any solid long term plans.

Maybe the "plan" was that the world was supposed to end in July, 2020. Didn't happen.

Agreed, but that was after the plan to get a million bucks fell through. They couldn't invest in the missions because Lori didn't get the money from Charles's life insurance. We don't know what they would have done if Lori had cashed in from the murder.

The only reason I know of to embalm is to preserve a familiar looking body for a delayed funeral. Tammy was buried so fast, simply refrigerating her would have done fine. And it would have costed less.

I believe that in earlier discussions it was pointed out that since her body was to be transported across state lines, embalming was a requirement.

I believe that in earlier discussions it was pointed out that since her body was to be transported across state lines, embalming was a requirement.

I suppose this could vary by state, but I don't know of any mortician that would allow a full funeral with open or closed casket, without embalming. Cremation is a different story, but many people, for religious and cultural reasons, may not desire a cremation. I think cremation may have been a red flag or struck Chad and Tammy's families as odd. Either way would conceal evidence.

BBM. MG was only visiting Lori for a few days in contrast with MP who lived next door to her. MP had to have known that something was wrong - she admitted it to IP*. He likely never met Lori's kids. IMO MG believed Lori or at least didn't question her and Chad's motives. Nobody expects their friends to be capable of child murder. MG wasn't curious about Tylee's whereabouts because the two didn't bond.

I don't have a feeling that MG is holding back anything when it comes to Lori's children. No doubt she was indoctrinated into Chad's cult at one time, but I don't think that involved knowledge of murders. There's no indication that anyone else apart from Lori and Chad benefited from the deaths. They didn't need additional witnesses to their crimes.

ETA: * I remembered that MP later claimed that her information came from MG. It looks like the latter tried to warn her around the time she went to police.
I thought we had information that at some point indicated that the police had gone out searching the Daybell property for spent shells. (This was the article where EIN took a human interest moment to point out the neighborhood cat watching the excavation; I believe there was also snow on the ground.)

I find it a little hard to credit/believe that the police would be suggesting paintball guns to Tammy as an alternate explanation, as it doesn't sound professional to me... I think we can lay this one right directly at Chad's door, IMO. He would have a vested interest in minimizing it to Tammy; especially if the shooter was supposed to try again...

I agree it is very frustrating for these purposes that Alex is dead and thus that most (everything?) of what he knew is a locked vault; however, I have placed a certain amount of faith in the contents of these "multiple burner phones" found in Lori's dumb-assed possession.

Yes, I'm sure glad LE found the burner phones, and she's not too bright! Had C&L not involved so many jurisdictions, they wouldn't have been able to avoid arrest for nearly as long.

Yes, the so-called paintball gun incident. If someone shot at my wife with whatever, I would raise the most unbelievable fuss that you could still hear the echoes. Whether Chad was the actual shooter or not, IMO he knew all about it.

I did say a few pages back that IMO Chad was the shooter. De could have dashed off around back of house. Then as calm as you like stepped out of the door to see what TD was calling him for. Chad did it JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur