Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is absolutely possible. Some reference material regarding compelled testing and defendant right to independent testing. I think this, though, like many things, varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Not specifically DNA-exclusive but mentions right to testing and compelling independent testing Section 7-1116 – Idaho State Legislature

FindLaw's Supreme Court of Florida case and opinions.
I was referring to splitting of DNA samples. There must be a minimum amount required for testing. Independent evaluation might be a better solution.

Last edited:
v9K0vxt
I found it interesting the prosecutor brought on to help advertises these as her main areas of practice and focus:
Found via her website --
Smith Law & Consulting
Copy/paste from page
"
Practice Areas
of Smith Law & Consulting
Civil Litigation
Drawing on experiences over 25 years, Smith Law & Consulting handles various forms of litigation:
o General Litigation
o Employment Law
o Election Law
o Victims' Rights and Representation

Investigations
Being lead counsel for investigations for over two decades, positions Smith Law & Consulting to handle internal, employment or corporate investigations or reviews:
o Officer Involved Shootings
o Business, Corporate and Internal
o Government investigations
o Misconduct Allegations"

Attachments

• BA411E26-0F83-44BC-BBC1-A486D9345BB9.jpeg
    BA411E26-0F83-44BC-BBC1-A486D9345BB9.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
Prior made me laugh today. In his motion regarding the DNA at the end where he certifies delivery to the attorneys, he says "Mark Means counsel for Lori Norene Vallow".

So maybe I'm petty, but my pettiness only comes from MM's pettiness. :p

Prior made me laugh today. In his motion regarding the DNA at the end where he certifies delivery to the attorneys, he says "Mark Means counsel for Lori Norene Vallow".

So maybe I'm petty, but my pettiness only comes from MM's pettiness. :p
The only thing Lori has requested is to be known as Mrs Daybell.
Its not petty Jen......Its enormous!
Deeply satisfying to most hearing her defied and addressed with Vallow.
:cool:

In regards to the DNA testing.....some case that WS was following, there was not enough DNA to share with the defense. I remember the DNA was allowed to have their representation by a license/certified tester at the lab as the DNA was tested. I don’t know if this is the same ruling in all states or not. So we don’t know who was present during ant DNA testing, maybe that’s what’s upsetting the defense.

does anyone remember the case?

In regards to the DNA testing.....some case that WS was following, there was not enough DNA to share with the defense. I remember the DNA was allowed to have their representation by a license/certified tester at the lab as the DNA was tested. I don’t know if this is the same ruling in all states or not. So we don’t know who was present during ant DNA testing, maybe that’s what’s upsetting the defense.

I think JP's motion refers to the consumptive DNA testing that was declared by the prosecution but has yet to be done. It looks like this type of defense motion is standard procedure.

IMO RW sending an email to all parties is not ex parte communication, here's some relevant info:

(B)An electronic communication sent simultaneously to the judge and all parties or their respective lawyers is not an ex parte communication, nor is a written communication that is served substantially simultaneously upon the judge and all parties or their respective counsel prior to any staffing*, hearing, trial, or other court proceeding at which the written communication may be relevant.

Rule 2.9 - Ex Parte Communications, Idaho Code. Judi. Cond. 2.9
Rule 2.9 - Ex Parte Communications, Idaho Code. Judi. Cond. 2.9 | Casetext Search + Citator
Yet more egg on Mr Mean’s face. If he didn’t know this law off the top of his head he should have at minimum done the same research that you did before firing off his official accusation. He’s a buffoon.

Below is the link explaining the DNA and defense wants.....it’s a easy read

From what I have been understanding there is not a lot of DNA and it might not be able to be split. So therefore the Judge makes a ruling about defense expert going and watching tests as state experts do the testing.

The problem might be is the cost of the expert....does either Defendant have the money for such experts? Who will pay Daybell or Vallow or the defense lawyers. Where is all the money coming from?

I will try to post other link explaining this more in the next post.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/04/daybell-defense-attorneys-file-motion-regarding-dna-testing/
Daybell defense attorneys file motion regarding DNA testing - East Idaho News

Kelsey Berreth
The tooth fragment

This is with Scott Reisch on Crime Talk. I hope it comes through from today. If not can someone post please. Thanks.

Scott explains why is going on with the DNA and defense. He also thinks the Judge is not real happy with the defense.

This is with Scott Reisch on Crime Talk. I hope it comes through from today. If not can someone post please. Thanks.

Scott explains why is going on with the DNA and defense. He also thinks the Judge is not real happy with the defense.

I like his videos but I haven't been sure of my opinion of him after seeing the attorney who pubkishes her newsletter about this case (Lori Hello who's been discussed here before) calling him out in one of her recent ones about how Scott totally mischaractrized the law and then providing the case law to show how his representation of "the people" (the State of Idaho aka the prosecution) have the right to have to have the Defendant(s) in their case(s) tried expeditiously. (According to her, and case law and the US Constitution) that representatuon was just completely "plain wrong"....
I've written it here before but I've been seeing numerous lawyers who routinely discuss this case have very differing opinions on details about this case as of late....I don't even know which path on the fork in the road I want to take. I think for now I'll try to keep my sky-high birdseye view and try to see what each one keeps saying and try to balance their thoughts & see what others are thinking here. That's another reason I'm thankful for WS.

I'd like to explore everybody's knowledge about the status/whereabouts of Lori's children at the time (or shortly after) Lori and Chad got married.

Lori's family (Colby, her parents and sister): They didn't know about the wedding and likely assumed that Tylee and JJ were (alive) with Lori. Colby claims that he didn't even know they were in Rexburg. So the family was oblivious to the events unless... see next paragraph.

Lori's niece MBP: I'm not sure what she knew. If she had known/suspected that the children were missing, would she have told her relatives mentioned above? She was in Hawaii with Lori in October and lived next to her since the end of October. In an interview she claimed that Tylee and JJ were staying with Lori, she just never saw them, which is not believable. Other options are: a) she knew they were dead, b) she was told that they were in hiding (unlikely before the welfare check), c) she was told that JJ was with Kay and Tylee at BYU (she could have still seen her on weekends).

Kay and Larry: They knew nothing, but suspected that something was wrong.

Lori's neighbors in Rexburg, JJ's school and MG: They were told that JJ was with Kay. Lori told MG that Tylee was at BYU.

Potential landlady in Hawaii: L&C explained to her that they both had children back home and that the two groups were getting along.

Chad's and Tammy's families (his/her parents, her siblings): They learned from L&C that Lori had no minor children. They likely became suspicious when it turned out to be false.

Chad's children: It's a mystery what Chad told them about Lori's kids before the welfare check. For obvious reasons it wasn't the truth, except maybe about Colby. IMO he made no mention of Kay or BYU. At some point he likely changed his story to the evil grandma version (his public version at the time). I question the believability of that switch and even more of the next one after the bodies were found. His explanations could have gone something like this: "For the children's safety we (L&C) told you they didn't exist." and "I was convinced by Lori and Alex that Lori's children were in hiding from Kay. I knew nothing about their burial in our back yard."

Last edited:
Hello All!

I haven’t posted any of my theories because I kind of thought it would be silly to share a lot of untested theories, but I decided since we are all ostensibly here to find out “why” people murder others, that it might be helpful to share.

The first thing I wonder is whether or not Chad was trying to create an alibi when Tammy was shot at prior to her death. I wonder if he was creating a narrative of Tammy being targeted by someone, in the event she was autopsied. I do think it’s equally viable that Alex just botched her attempted execution. He doesn’t seem bright to me.

Secondly, I have wondered all along is there was some nonsense religious connotation to the children’s deaths and burials.

I think JJ’s birth name of Canaan had some significance in their own justifications of what is good and evil.
I wonder if the stones he was buried under had significance only to hold a decomposing body down, or if this was Chad’s nonsense justification that he was a zombie or unclean spirit that must be physically constrained, even in death.

It bothers me that he saw Tylee without her clothes on. I wonder if they treated her body as an unclean spirit that had to be desecrated in the most vile way possible.

The single most clear thing to me is the money trail. Every one of the deceased with the exception of Alex offered a financial impetus to them directly.
I don’t think they planned to kill JJ initially. But I do think Chad decided that if Kay took him, the idea of Tylee would come up eventually. And then they would have to explain why she vanished.
This is all just my humble two cents.

An excellent summary. I wonder about one thing. Has anyone ever heard of a case before where a person's stepchildren were buried in their backyard, and they genuinely didn't know? TIA
IMO it's about having access to the property and the owner (or other witnesses, like neighbors or passersby) not noticing it. That could be plausible if the property was much bigger and secluded. If Chad wasn't home when the children were buried then technically it would be possible, though still not probable.

An excellent summary. I wonder about one thing. Has anyone ever heard of a case before where a person's stepchildren were buried in their backyard, and they genuinely didn't know? TIA

This theoretical explanation is even more strained when you consider the level of intimacy (psychological) that Lori and Chad would have had to share in the time before the children's disappearance, Tammy's death, and Chad and Lori's marriage.

Even if all of his family believed it, how would they have felt knowing that 1) Chad was that involved in a recent widow's life while their beautiful, honorable and brilliant mother was still keeping her side of the marriage deal, and 2) The recent widow was a liar, a murderess of children, and dragged Chad in.

That is hardly trading up.

This theoretical explanation is even more strained when you consider the level of intimacy (psychological) that Lori and Chad would have had to share in the time before the children's disappearance, Tammy's death, and Chad and Lori's marriage.

Even if all of his family believed it, how would they have felt knowing that 1) Chad was that involved in a recent widow's life while their beautiful, honorable and brilliant mother was still keeping her side of the marriage deal, and 2) The recent widow was a liar, a murderess of children, and dragged Chad in.

That is hardly trading up.
I think Chad maintained to his family that Lori was only a one time business associate before they "reconnected" while in Hawaii after Tammy's death. Of course much later MG publicly revealed their almost a year long affair. Chad might have denied her claims. Then there's the Oct 2 video of Chad and Lori at the storage facility with Chad's gesture leaving no doubt as to the nature of their relationship. One might choose to disregard that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—