Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always felt like Tylee most likely suspected something bad was about to happen. That poor kid didn't deserve any of the crap she was put through all of her life and she obviously didn't deserve to die and be disposed of like that. To me, it looked like Tylee wanted to please her mother for a long time, until it was just way too much for her and she started to notice something was really wrong with her.

Local update: MM is at the women’s detention center today
Thanks for the update! He seems to be there just about everyday. What in the world do they even talk about everyday? I’m sure this was talked about before but does Mr. Means stay in a rented house or hotel near Rexburg? Because according to google, his office is in Meridian (I would assume he lives near by) which is about 4/5 hours from Rexburg. That is a lot of traveling for him to do. I can’t imagine the cost of traveling with hotels or gas money. I wonder if Lori has to pay for his travels.

Thanks for the update! He seems to be there just about everyday. What in the world do they even talk about everyday? I’m sure this was talked about before but does Mr. Means stay in a rented house or hotel near Rexburg? Because according to google, his office is in Meridian (I would assume he lives near by) which is about 4/5 hours from Rexburg. That is a lot of traveling for him to do. I can’t imagine the cost of traveling with hotels or gas money. I wonder if Lori has to pay for his travels.
Yes, I posted about this back several threads back. Not sure who is funding the bills. I can only imagine how pricey the daily visits, filings, and court appearances are.

All jmo moo imo

Heard Scott R say last night that its really not the best practice for the clients of Means and Prior to not show in person at these hearings.

<modsnip>
Lori and Chad are probably relieved that they don't have to appear. They know they are universally hated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori and Chad are probably relieved that they don't have to appear. They know they are universally hated.

<modsnip>

Scott said that when all these motions are ruled on, its good if the judge checks with the client that they understand. Said something to the effect that this could be a reason for an appeal if a client says they were not told by their attorney what is going down and why.

Last edited by a moderator:
So in preparation for tomorrow's hearing, I want to make sure I am understanding the current situation.

4/7 A status hearing was held and Prior mentions missing 30 items from discovery for the umpteenth time.
4/15 Wood sends a letter via email to Prior asking him to specify what he is missing, telling him he isn't getting TD's autopsy, and letting him know that a discovery update is being prepared to send "next week" with recently received items. He cc's Means and the Judge on the email and letter.
4/21 Wood sends the promised discovery update and indicates he is giving notice to Prior (and maybe Means?) that the state wants to use up a sample of DNA. This is a notice he must give per the law so that the defense can object and do what Prior does next.
4/22 Prior files the anticipated motions regarding using up the DNA and requests an expedited hearing for the motions.
4/22 Means files with the court "declared" motions saying "I'm with him" and points to Prior. He does not state the motions formally, just an unprofessional mention of joining with Prior.
4/22 Means also adds to his "I'm with him" declaration that he is making a "declared" motion to instruct Wood to stop cc'ing the Judge and states the exception to the laws for ex parte communications that actually allows Wood to cc the Judge legally. (smh)
4/23 Judge schedules a remote expedited hearing as requested by Prior for 4/28 at 9AM.
4/26 Prior sends to the court a notice of the hearing and that he will argue the dna motions at the courthouse on 4/28 at 9AM.
4/26 Judge reschedules the remote expedited hearing for 4/28 at 4PM.

I have a couple of questions here:
1. Why is the judge not scheduling Means for this hearing? Does it have to do with his weird thing about pausing all motions for LVD? Is it because he technically never made any motions? Is it because he didn't request a hearing?
2. What is up with Prior sending the notice of the hearing and declaring that it will be in person? Didn't the judge already send the notice of the hearing? Is Prior trying to tell the judge how to run HIS courtroom?
2a. What is up with the judge rescheduling the hearing for a remote hearing at a different time? Are Prior and the Judge having a pissing match?
3. When is the actual hearing?

Last edited:
Wednesday, April 28th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 4pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 52) arrested & charged (6/9/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Fremont County
*Charged (7/1/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of conspiracy to commit concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence. Plead not guilty. Bond stays at $1M. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/23/21 reference post #134 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

3/25/21: Order of the Court granting Rachel Smith pro hac vice status in the above captioned case, Rachel Smith will be deputized and appointed as a deputy prosecutor for the Madison County Prosecutor's Office. Status hearing on 4/7/21.
4/7/21 Update: Prior mentions, in response to Judge’s question about the timing of a July trial, says he anticipates needing at least 90 days additional beyond the end of August. He says he is looking into October/November. He says a Motion for change of venue & likely a severance Motion will probably be coming in the future. He makes a Motion to continue the trial. Means makes a motion to vacate the currently scheduled trial date & reset it for a future date. June 9th 9am change of venue hearing. June 2nd removed. Trial dates vacated to be determined at a later date. Next hearing to discuss the other Motions has been set for Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
4/22/21: Motion to oppose use of & motion to preserve DNA samples; Motion for photographic recording of serology samples & other visual tests; motion to review lab records filed by John Prior. 4/22/21: Declared Motion to oppose use of DNA; declared motion to preserve DNA samples; declared motion for photographic recordings(s) of serology samples & other visual tests; declared motion to review lab records; declared motion for instructions to Prosecutor regarding improper ex parte communication(s) with the Court filed by M. Means.
4/22/21: Notice of remote hearing on 4/28/21 @ 9am. Chad only. 4/26/21: Time was changed from 9am to 4pm.

*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 47) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/22/21 reference post #134 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

3/23/21: Vallow: Filed objection to Plaintiff's Motion re: Pro Hac Vice admission. Next status hearing on 4/7/21.
4/7/21 Update: Means mentions, in response to Judge’s question about the timing of a July trial, says he anticipates needing at least 90 days additional beyond the end of August. He says he is looking into October/November. He says a Motion for change of venue & likely a severance Motion will probably be coming in the future. He makes a Motion to continue the trial. Means makes a motion to vacate the currently scheduled trial date & reset it for a future date. June 9th 9am change of venue hearing. June 2nd removed. Trial dates vacated to be determined at a later date. Next hearing to discuss the other Motions has been set for Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
4/22/21: Motion to oppose use of & motion to preserve DNA samples; Motion for photographic recording of serology samples & other visual tests; motion to review lab records filed by John Prior. 4/22/21: Declared Motion to oppose use of DNA; declared motion to preserve DNA samples; declared motion for photographic recordings(s) of serology samples & other visual tests; declared motion to review lab records; declared motion for instructions to Prosecutor regarding improper ex parte communication(s) with the Court filed by M. Means.
Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 (thru 9/3/21 @ 9am).

So in preparation for tomorrow's hearing, I want to make sure I am understanding the current situation.

4/7 A status hearing was held and Prior mentions missing 30 items from discovery for the umpteenth time.
4/15 Wood sends a letter via email to Prior asking him to specify what he is missing, telling him he isn't getting TD's autopsy, and letting him know that a discovery update is being prepared to send "next week" with recently received items. He cc's Means and the Judge on the email and letter.
4/21 Wood sends the promised discovery update and indicates he is giving notice to Prior (and maybe Means?) that the state wants to use up a sample of DNA. This is a notice he must give per the law so that the defense can object and do what Prior does next.
4/22 Prior files the anticipated motions regarding using up the DNA and requests an expedited hearing for the motions.
4/22 Means files with the court "declared" motions saying "I'm with him" and points to Prior. He does not state the motions formally, just an unprofessional mention of joining with Prior.
4/22 Means also adds to his "I'm with him" declaration that he is making a "declared" motion to instruct Wood to stop cc'ing the Judge and states the exception to the laws for ex parte communications that actually allows Wood to cc the Judge legally. (smh)
4/23 Judge schedules a remote expedited hearing as requested by Prior for 4/28 at 9AM.
4/26 Prior sends to the court a notice of the hearing and that he will argue the dna motions at the courthouse on 4/28 at 9AM.
4/26 Judge reschedules the remote expedited hearing for 4/28 at 4PM.

I have a couple of questions here:
1. Why is the judge not scheduling Means for this hearing? Does it have to do with his weird thing about pausing all motions for LVD? Is it because he technically never made any motions? Is it because he didn't request a hearing?
2. What is up with Prior sending the notice of the hearing and declaring that it will be in person? Didn't the judge already send the notice of the hearing? Is Prior trying to tell the judge how to run HIS courtroom?
2a. What is up with the judge rescheduling the hearing for a remote hearing at a different time? Are Prior and the Judge having a pissing match?
3. When is the actual hearing?
1. - Yes, I hope this means MM is excluded from the hearing. That would be just deserts, but no doubt he'll find his way in.

2. - no idea.

3. Today at 4pm. Perhaps one of the parties had a scheduling conflict, or it looked like it was best to put it at the end of the day so that they could witter on if they need longer.

Wednesday, April 28th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 4pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 52) arrested & charged (6/9/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Fremont County
*Charged (7/1/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of conspiracy to commit concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence. Plead not guilty. Bond stays at $1M. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/23/21 reference post #134 here:

3/25/21: Order of the Court granting Rachel Smith pro hac vice status in the above captioned case, Rachel Smith will be deputized and appointed as a deputy prosecutor for the Madison County Prosecutor's Office. Status hearing on 4/7/21.
4/7/21 Update: Prior mentions, in response to Judge’s question about the timing of a July trial, says he anticipates needing at least 90 days additional beyond the end of August. He says he is looking into October/November. He says a Motion for change of venue & likely a severance Motion will probably be coming in the future. He makes a Motion to continue the trial. Means makes a motion to vacate the currently scheduled trial date & reset it for a future date. June 9th 9am change of venue hearing. June 2nd removed. Trial dates vacated to be determined at a later date. Next hearing to discuss the other Motions has been set for Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
4/22/21: Notice of remote hearing on 4/28/21 @ 9am. Chad only. 4/26/21: Time was changed from 9am to 4pm.

*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 47) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/22/21 reference post #134 here:

3/23/21: Vallow: Filed objection to Plaintiff's Motion re: Pro Hac Vice admission. Next status hearing on 4/7/21.
4/7/21 Update: Means mentions, in response to Judge’s question about the timing of a July trial, says he anticipates needing at least 90 days additional beyond the end of August. He says he is looking into October/November. He says a Motion for change of venue & likely a severance Motion will probably be coming in the future. He makes a Motion to continue the trial. Means makes a motion to vacate the currently scheduled trial date & reset it for a future date. June 9th 9am change of venue hearing. June 2nd removed. Trial dates vacated to be determined at a later date. Next hearing to discuss the other Motions has been set for Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 (thru 9/3/21 @ 9am).

6 pm eastern time motion hearing today. Thanks @Niner, I should have just searched for you.

*bump* as was hard to find this thread even searching for thread with Vallow and Daybell and Tylee. Had to go back out to Google...

Does anyone have a live feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member