Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live now. CV not there. New pros. attorney there. And...that's it.
One of the attorneys? Prior I think said, "May I be excused?" as if it was time to go out to the playground for recess.
ETA: I THINK there was something about needing to check with the state lab about consumptive testing.

Well nothing happened except to delay.

If the state lab can provide whatever information is needed that will permit stipulation, then Judge Boyce is willing to expedite another hearing so the issues regarding consumptive DNA testing can be resolved quickly.

Most interesting is what information is revealed in the State's recent response to the defendant's motion regarding that evidence.

From State's response to Defendant's Motion to Preserve DNA Evidence: "...On April 12, 2021, the State received the results of DNA analysis of debris found on tools that were seized from Chad Daybell's property. The State also learned that some samples obtained from the examined items were possibly suitable for DNA analysis but that those samples were of such size and quantity that the testing process itself would consume the entirety of the sample(s). On April 18, 2021 the State received another report from the State Lab regarding a possible blood sample from an apartment that would require consumptive testing to test the DNA..."

I vaguely remember LE serving a SW on CD's property and entering the home as well as a small shed or silo and the barn behind the house. IIRC, they seized some long-handled yard tools at that time. This was the first week of January 2020, about three weeks before a search warrant was served on CD and LVD in Hawaii and before LVD was ordered to produce the children to the Court within five days. (There is a video at the end of the article and about midway through, that video shows the officers in and around the shed and barn.). The report says 43 items were taken into evidence from the home and property. I don't know, but presume the tools referred to in the State's recent response were taken that day.
Police conclude search at Daybell home - East Idaho News

If so, I assume DNA evidence on the tools could possibly indicate:
(1) CD and AC used those tools (e.g., rakes, or hoes, or shovels) to stir the contents of the fire they had going to destroy TR's remains, or
(2) they used those tools to transfer the destroyed remains from the fire pit to the pet cemetery, where the remains were buried, or
(3) if CD and AC had any of those tools laying around the fire pit when "CD shot a raccoon" (as he texted his wife he was doing on the day after TR was last seen), TR's DNA evidence might have transferred from CD's target to the tools as a result of the shot.

In any case, any one of those possibilities probably accounts for how angry Prior appears these days. Any other ideas?

ETA: I also wonder whether the "possible blood sample from an apartment" might have been collected from the second crawl space LE returned to investigate after new renters occupied LVD's former apartment.

Excellent post.
Until you got to "crawl space," I was puzzled. But no one should have blood etc. in crawl space.

If the state lab can provide whatever information is needed that will permit stipulation, then Judge Boyce is willing to expedite another hearing so the issues regarding consumptive DNA testing can be resolved quickly.

Most interesting is what information is revealed in the State's recent response to the defendant's motion regarding that evidence.

From State's response to Defendant's Motion to Preserve DNA Evidence: "...On April 12, 2021, the State received the results of DNA analysis of debris found on tools that were seized from Chad Daybell's property. The State also learned that some samples obtained from the examined items were possibly suitable for DNA analysis but that those samples were of such size and quantity that the testing process itself would consume the entirety of the sample(s). On April 18, 2021 the State received another report from the State Lab regarding a possible blood sample from an apartment that would require consumptive testing to test the DNA..."

I vaguely remember LE serving a SW on CD's property and entering the home as well as a small shed or silo and the barn behind the house. IIRC, they seized some long-handled yard tools at that time. This was the first week of January 2020, about three weeks before a search warrant was served on CD and LVD in Hawaii and before LVD was ordered to produce the children to the Court within five days. (There is a video at the end of the article and about midway through, that video shows the officers in and around the shed and barn.). The report says 43 items were taken into evidence from the home and property. I don't know, but presume the tools referred to in the State's recent response were taken that day.
Police conclude search at Daybell home - East Idaho News

If so, I assume DNA evidence on the tools could possibly indicate:
(1) CD and AC used those tools (e.g., rakes, or hoes, or shovels) to stir the contents of the fire they had going to destroy TR's remains, or
(2) they used those tools to transfer the destroyed remains from the fire pit to the pet cemetery, where the remains were buried, or
(3) if CD and AC had any of those tools laying around the fire pit when "CD shot a raccoon" (as he texted his wife he was doing on the day after TR was last seen), TR's DNA evidence might have transferred from CD's target to the tools as a result of the shot.

In any case, any one of those possibilities probably accounts for how angry Prior appears these days. Any other ideas?

ETA: I also wonder whether the "possible blood sample from an apartment" might have been collected from the second crawl space LE returned to investigate after new renters occupied LVD's former apartment.

When the police seized Chad's tools from his barn they probably didn't suspect yet that the children could be buried in his yard. They did return for a quick search once more after the bodies were found.

I hope they were able to obtain more incriminating samples, not just those few that require consumptive testing.

BBM and snipped for focus.

In my opinion, this is something that stood out to me a ton. They are JUST now getting the results of some of the DNA testing and who knows when this was actually submitted. Whether that's backlog because of COVID, lack of resources, etc...it's really irrelevant. If they had added charges earlier, the lack of having this information could have an incredible impact in the potential outcome of this case. LV and CD aren't going anywhere and the prosecution's case is only going to grow stronger. I feel this really illustrates how important it is to play your cards correctly and at the right time. While the emotional side of us wanted to see murder charges, etc...handed down 6+ months ago, it would have only created unnecessary issues for the state. I haven't been thrilled with RW but I've always felt like the foundation of the investigation that the FBI brought as well as the processing and overall experience has eliminated any area the defense may have tried to exploit had it been a local agency running everything.

Thank you

I am on the channel but nobody is on yet.
It is 4 PM there right ??? LOL

I got in there and they were in Lock Out room or whatever.

O/T just a little my inernet is hanging by a thread. Took ages to turn the page here, make link work and open any docs.
Got to get a new modem when husband stirs himself to contact supplier lol.

Lori and Chad we're not smart enough to remove the tools from the property. With all the wide-open space, the bodies were buried on the Daybell property and left the tools.
Crazy, entitled, superior, selfish, greedy, remorseless, unable or unwilling to love anyone except themselves - but not very smart.

RW has responded:
It looks like the DNA evidence is from tools on CD's property and a bloodstain in one of the apartments. I'm just so devastated for Tylee and JJ. He does not object for them to have an expert present if they choose. MOO

RW's response says, "possible blood sample from an apartment"
The word "possible" says it's not a done deal that it is in fact blood, but if it is, it would be quite interesting to find who's blood and from what aprtment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome