Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this definition of a blessing from the "priesthood".. if this Priesthood blessing was in fact done over the phone by CD, then once again it would appear that CD was not following the rules... Surprise.

As a rule, the leaders said, “priesthood ordinances cannot be performed remotely using technology,” though they may be able to be viewed by others through such means. A priesthood blessing is given by a Melchizedek Priesthood holder, by the laying on of hands and by inspiration, to one who is sick or otherwise in need of special counsel, comfort, or healing.

I do believe, imo, that it does seem rather coincidental.

It probably went something like this....."Bless you brother, before you go so that all you know, will surely go with you."

New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

Last edited:
I presume they're talking about these little ones: https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Lighte...Assorted/dp/B0776NL57R/ref=asc_df_B0776NL57R/

They're not the same thing as regular cigarette lighters and Mr. Carbuff, who camps, says they don't work well for camping because they often break, run out of fuel very quickly, and often don't work after refilling. So people mostly just use them up and throw them out, apparently.

There are lots of uses for a small blowtorch but these don't seem to be made for any serious work or outdoor use, just quickie hits.

Looking at Amazon, they seem to be called torch lighters, blowtorch lighters, or just torches.
Just going to add that I grew up camping with my parents and my girls grew up camping with us.
That said, my daughter now takes my grandkiddos camping.
Not once have any of us ever used one of these.
Not to say it cant be used for camping....just that I must live in a bubble because we have never ever used one of these before.
Ive never even seen one before.
JMO

New details released on what happened the day Alex Cox died - East Idaho News

"The day Cox died, he called a friend and received a priesthood “blessing” over the phone. EastIdahoNews.com can confirm from multiple sources this friend was Chad Daybell, who had married Cox’s sister, Lori Daybell, a month earlier."

What a friend. I feel like blessings are supposed to be for keeping people alive and healthy... but maybe it's the opposite in CD/LVD world.
Yeah...
With his "blessing" right after MG telling him she was talking to LE and them finding out TD's body was exhumed the day before, I bet AxC did feel he needed a blessing, right before he used one of those little torch things to assist with his pulmonary issues.
LVD supposedly called ZP to check on AxC so ZP called her son.
If CD is the one who gave AxC the "blessing", then yeah, both LVD and ZP would probably have known about it, per CD telling them. Hence...the "we should check on him" call.
JMO

Last edited:
The following is my opinion only.

Wow. I feel like this is telling. This could indicate that AC knew that he was going to die. Like many, I speculate that the cause of death for AC will end up mirroring the cause of death for TD (if something other than natural causes is determined). If TD were poisoned, it would make sense for AC to “take one for the team” and ingest whatever remained of the poison to dispose of evidence, especially the day after TD’s exhumation.

Again, that all is my opinion only.
Yeppers
I 1000% agree with you

Well I gotta say I am a bit relieved to know there was most likely drug paraphernalia in Zulema's abode.
Because the hard reality that she is STONE COLD SOBER capable of making earthquakes was freaking me out ALOT.:Do_O.....

Moo
:D:eek::p:D

That does not surprise me. Easter weekend, and LDS General Conference weekend.
I wasn’t aware that would impact someone from working. Anyway he is allowed to work wherever. We know his visits in Rexburg are frequent and excessive. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t working at his office.

All jmo moo imo

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware that would impact someone from working. Anyway he is allowed to work wherever. We know his visits in Rexburg are frequent and excessive. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t working at his office.

All jmo moo imo
He might not want to, everyone is allowed to work but for Religious reasons most chose not to. Well, I would prefer not to go to work tomorrow and celebrate Easter instead but I don’t have a choice.

He might not want to, everyone is allowed to work but for Religious reasons most chose not to. Well, I would prefer not to go to work tomorrow and celebrate Easter instead but I don’t have a choice.
Right. :) I was just saying that Friday (it wasn’t a holiday) so most people work and even though he wasn’t in Rexburg doesn’t mean he wasn’t working. There are people who are LDS that work conference weekend too. (And not sure whether MM is or not, imo it doesn’t make a difference. He’s a lawyer and hired to do a job as a lawyer.) Sorry you have to work tomorrow.

All jmo moo imo

Justin Lum
10 hours ago

Interesting nugget here. Officer notices blow torches in home of Zulema Pastenes, initially assuming Alex Cox’s medical incident could be drug related. But as Pastenes later told police, he did not use drugs or alcohol.

(25 second video clip at link)
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1377425368437596161?s=21
Rewatching this today
First, and we all already know this, ZP's son calls Alex his Mom's "boyfriend" not even knowing they were married. HINKY
Second--His mom calls him (her son) , which we already knew, but said go check on him, he is on floor. I am taking that to mean that ZP did NOT say he was on floor, only her son telling LE that he was on floor.
Also this, very hinky to me--
"“Zulema asked me why she was being questioned, and if she was considered a suspect in the death of her husband,” a detective wrote in his report. “I assured her she was not a suspect, but I needed information from her regarding what happened at her house when Alex was discovered.”

Why would a spouse even ask that question...am I a suspect ??
I mean, if my hubby died, I would never ask that.
When my dad passed away, my mom never asked that.
Who asks something like this, unless there is something suspicious.
IMO
Just trying to figure this out.

Last edited:
It doesn't make sense that Alex would call Chad for a blessing, on the floor, and not call for an ambulance. He knew today was the day. He called MBP and gave her advice she wrote down, before he was on the floor in that condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95