Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. Just like any Zoom participant can see other participants. They all agreed to use Zoom so I am sure Lori could see her son on Mean's computer because they had to be able to see the judge too.
You can change the “View” settings on Zoom to “speaker view” so whomever is speaking shows up on your screen and other participants are either small thumbnails or not seen at all. To me it didn’t look like either Lori or Means were looking at the screen at all, which seems pretty rude to me. Or in an in-person hearing is it common for the defendant and their attorney to not look at the judge when the judge is speaking? You could tell the DA was staring at the screen because he was looking into the camera the whole time. Colby and his wife were too except when Colby had to look away to shield his emotions.

Were they looking at a computer also? I couldn't see that. I saw them looking at what I thought was a legal pad that Means was occasionally writing on. If that's true, why was their audio and video coming from the room's screen/mic? Awkward.

Yes. Means laptop was open right in front of Means. Lori and Means were looking at the video camera they had setup for them so they could share a video screen for Zoom together. That is why they were so far away compared to like Colby who was sitting direclty in front of a computer and obviously using a computer camera.

Lori and Means were using a different camera setup that was in with them and they shared 1 camera. Means Laptop was also there and open right in front of Means. I saw Lori glancing at it but she was trying to avoid looking at it I think.
All JMO in case I am wrong. LOL

https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow/status/1278118536011907074
Because they and their family members are victims of crimes, Kay and Larry Woodcock, along with Colby and Kelsee Ryan, were able to officially be part of Lori Daybell's court hearing today. Kay and Larry were listening in but were not on-screen.

5:09 PM · Jun 30, 2020·Twitter Web App

Re BBM
Right. I have used Zoom a couple times and from what I remember each participant can elect to share either Video or Sound or Both Video and Sound, so the Woodcocks could have changed their setting on the Zoom connection to not allow their video to be broadcasted to other Zoom participants.

I wonder why she was not asked to speak up?

Once, on the witness stand, the judge said to me after I nervously and softly replied to a question during questioning, " I understand that you have two children at home, surely you've had to use a louder voice than that from time to time, is that true?", I replied respectfully " YES!, Your Honor."

It’s also a conflict if Means shared w/Chad his thoughts on possible defense strategies for any related charges.

If Lori and Chad both said they were ok w/any conflict of interest would Means be permitted to stay, or is it likely the judge wouldn’t let him anyway?

I don't think it's just up to the Daybells. Put yourself in prosecutor Rob Wood's shoes. If you think that you now or in future will have an opportunity to get Chad to cooperate against Lori, and Lori's counsel has already heard Chad talk about (even hypothesize about) what he knows about the case, even before criminal charges were brought, then that knowledge that Means has could work against you as you try to fence Lori in.

JMOO

If you missed the hearing, here's a recap...along with video to watch. For those asking, Lori was able to see Colby on a screen in the courtroom.
Nate Eaton - Reporter

Yeah, that too. The courtroom may have setup a nice big screen for them to view the Zoom meeting on a larger projection type screen as well as glancing at Means laptop if he had his laptop connected to the Zoom meeting.

I'm currently teaching a summer college class using Zoom, and unless MM altered her view of things (doubtful), the answer is yes.

Unless this room was set up differently from any other room that conducts Zoom calls, there will have been a large flat-screen monitor directly above or below the camera/mic that we were viewing and hearing LVD and MM from. That's why I say that she spent most of her time looking at MM's legal pad instead of at the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018