Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, new member here. I've been really drawn in to this case and wondering if someone on this thread can help me with a timeline question:

When did Charles Vallow send the e-mail to Tammy Daybell regarding his suspicion of the affair between LV and CD?

Thanks.

Hello, new member here. I've been really drawn in to this case and wondering if someone on this thread can help me with a timeline question:

When did Charles Vallow send the e-mail to Tammy Daybell regarding his suspicion of the affair between LV and CD?

Thanks.

Welcome

"On the same day Charles Vallow discovered the infidelity, June 29, 2019, detectives say he also sent an email to Tammy Daybell."

The email read:

"Tammy my name is Charles Vallow. I have some vital and disturbing information regarding your husband and my wife, Lori. This is your work email so I'll wait to send you the 'evidence' that is very disturbing. You may call or email me from the address where you can receive the information. I apologize to be the one sending this but something has to be done. I feel it's best if I shed some light on the 'issue.' Regards Charles Vallow."

Police: Discovery may have led to murder in Daybell case

Hmmm parked 2.5 miles down the road at the Church....

But Chad still could have .........
The church parking lot info was given in reference to October 18, the evening before Tammy was killed. For the 9th, only "vicinity of the Daybell residence" is mentioned in the indictment as Alex's location.

Last edited:
Snipping my own quote:
...So why did Tammy say it was a kid? Alex wasn't a small person so would not be mistaken for a kid. Was it someone else who was smaller? Or did she go inside the house and Chad convinced her it must have been meaningless, just neighborhood kids playing? Or maybe I am misremembering and she never said it was a kid? I'll look at the timeline.
I retract what I said and apologize that it was misleading. According to the official timeline I see no reference to Tammy saying it was a kid who shot at her with a paintball gun. 99.9% chance my memory is bad and 0.1% chance I read that somewhere not on websleuths.

Official timeline: "9 Oct 2019 - Tammy has an encounter with a masked man with a gun outside her Salem home, which she contacts the police about. She also posted about it on Facebook:
“Something really weird just happened, and I want you to know so you can watch out,”...“I had gotten home and parked in our front driveway. As I was getting stuff out of the back seat, a guy wearing a ski mask was suddenly standing by the back of my car with a paintball gun. He shot at me several times, although I don’t think it was loaded. I yelled for Chad and he ran off around the back of my house...” (East Idaho News, Daily Mail)"

OK, I agree the balance of probabilities works against it being Chad, despite it being physically possible. Then the question is, how did the shooter (whoever it was) arrive, park a vehicle without Tammy seeing it and thinking "Oh, we've got visitors," and leave without Tammy or anybody else noticing? What was the plan? Was it for Chad to pick up the shooter, take him/her to the house, and then take them away and come back and "discover" that Tammy had been shot by person or persons unknown?
I love this line of questioning, I have been looking at maps and thinking about where would Alex (if it was Alex) have parked his truck to not draw attention to arriving and leaving in that neighborhood. I can't find specific information about what time the shooting happened. It was as Tammy returned home from "Enrichment" which others here have said is a group typically of Mormon women getting together after work to prepare meals together, among other activities. Sunset is just before 7 pm in early October so it makes sense to me it would have been near or after sunset so dusk or dark. If the shooter is there before Tammy arrives at home he has to arrive in daylight. If he doesn't want to draw attention to himself he can't park very close.

The nearest places with public parking areas I see are at Route 20, nearly 3 miles to the east or to the north at the Fort Henry Monument, less than a mile away. Either of those options means the shooter is walking down a rural road in plain sight in daylight carrying a rifle. I can't see that happening.

Two things make sense to me, purely conjecture: 1) The shooter shows up, parks near the house, and then drives away and has no concerns about being spotted by neighbors or 2) the shooter is dropped near the Daybell house and picked up after by another person. This other person could be Chad but that would be really odd if Tammy went into the house after being shot at and told Chad what happened then Chad went out and drove away.

It would have been very easy for Alex to have been hiding in the red barn at the back of the property, aided by Chad. Chad would then tell Tammy to stay inside while he checks the property, say there is no one in there, meanwhile Alex puts his mask and rifle back in the bag he left in the barn when he arrived, then while Chad is reassuring Tammy that he's gone, Alex walks out of the barn under cover of darkness and along the road to where he has parked his vehicle in a hidden spot. He could drive off with his headlights off for a short distance and be away before police arrived.

It's one more detail that goes to show conspiracy because he couldn't have done it without Chad's guidance and involvement. Chad telling Tammy what she described was a paintball gun, and it must have been a prank, so that police don't treat it as a real attempted shooting and seal off the area.

MOO

It would have been very easy for Alex to have been hiding in the red barn at the back of the property, aided by Chad. Chad would then tell Tammy to stay inside while he checks the property, say there is no one in there, meanwhile Alex puts his mask and rifle back in the bag he left in the barn when he arrived, then while Chad is reassuring Tammy that he's gone, Alex walks out of the barn under cover of darkness and along the road to where he has parked his vehicle in a hidden spot. He could drive off with his headlights off for a short distance and be away before police arrived.

It's one more detail that goes to show conspiracy because he couldn't have done it without Chad's guidance and involvement. Chad telling Tammy what she described was a paintball gun, and it must have been a prank, so that police don't treat it as a real attempted shooting and seal off the area.

MOO

This I buy, 100%.

MOO

That's probably what happened after Alex missed. But what was the plan if he hadn't missed? Poor Tammy's body would be lying in a pool of blood next to a car with bullet holes in it in Chad's driveway. Was it Chad's intent to have cops swarming over the property where he and Alex had just buried two bodies? And generate all kinds of media attention at a time before people had started seriously asking where the children were? If the intent was to bury her in the back yard as well, then there would have been no death certificate for the insurance claim. And they'd have to make the car disappear also. And what about Chad's kids? Where were they and how did Chad know they wouldn't show up in the middle of the post-shooting activities?

I have sorted through many situations involving whacko thinking in my day but I confess I just can't reconstruct what Chad might have been thinking when he set this up, ooga-booga or no.

That's probably what happened after Alex missed. But what was the plan if he hadn't missed? Poor Tammy's body would be lying in a pool of blood next to a car with bullet holes in it in Chad's driveway. Was it Chad's intent to have cops swarming over the property where he and Alex had just buried two bodies? And generate all kinds of media attention at a time before people had started seriously asking where the children were? If the intent was to bury her in the back yard as well, then there would have been no death certificate for the insurance claim. And they'd have to make the car disappear also. And what about Chad's kids? Where were they and how did Chad know they wouldn't show up in the middle of the post-shooting activities?

I have sorted through many situations involving whacko thinking in my day but I confess I just can't reconstruct what Chad might have been thinking when he set this up, ooga-booga or no.
It's bonkers. But I don't think it would have been linked with the children being missing before it was linked eventually. Pretty stupid idea to have Charles and Tammy shot though. Oh and Brandon.

What if Chad was trying to set-up Alex to get caught and go to prison for Tammy's murder? That would remove the last eyewitness to Charles' murder from their lives. LE in AZ was interviewing Lori's friends and family, she must have known there was still some heat on the investigation of Charles' death. Still bonkers/ooga-booga as that gives LE plenty of time to talk to Aex for years to come.

I'll be the first to admit that would take a huge leap of faith that Alex wouldn't spill the beans on all of those deaths. On the other hand he has done prison time for Lori in the past.

It's bonkers. But I don't think it would have been linked with the children being missing before it was linked eventually. Pretty stupid idea to have Charles and Tammy shot though. Oh and Brandon.

Of course, we're all arguing the hypothetical here, but (in that spirit) I submit one of the first, if not the first question any halfway competent detective would ask at the scene of a clearly premeditated murder would be "who would have reason to shoot this person?" And that would go out as part of the inevitable media firestorm ("Beloved Local Mother Gunned Down in Own Driveway") and nobody would bring up the topic of Lori? Again, I'm trying to walk along beside Chad's thinking as he planned this and I find it significant that he appears to have ignored the obvious consequences of having his wife shot dead at his doorstep. It speaks to dangerous shortcomings in basic mental processes. Which I guess we all have been aware of for some time :-(

Last edited:

Really good points about Chad having so many reasons for Tammy not to be shot at his home. It makes me really wonder if this shooting attempt wasn't really Lori and/or Alex giving Chad a big threat / warning show that if he didn't follow through and kill Tammy that they were going to do it in a way that made him look guilty for that and the kids buried in his yard. Just a theory, as it explains why no bullet casings or holes were found (if I remember correctly) and why they 'missed' (i. e. blanks). Chad still would have had to cover for the shooter, since he was so involved. Then 10 days later he follows through and murders Tammy, with Alex watching and/or helping nearby. I'm not downplaying Chad's guilt and involvement at all. I think he's guilty of so much evil. Just a theory about that shooting incident. JMO MOO

Last edited:
Really good points about Chad having so many reasons for Tammy not to be shot at his home. It makes me really wonder if this shooting attempt wasn't really Lori and/or Alex giving Chad a big threat / warning show that if he didn't follow through and kill Tammy that they were going to do it in a way that made him look guilty for that and the kids buried in his yard. Just a theory, as it explain why no bullet casings or holes were found (if I remember correctly) and why they 'missed' (i. e. blanks). Chad still would have had to cover for the shooter, since he was so involved. Then 10 days later he follows through and murders Tammy, with Alex watching and/or helping nearby. I'm not downplaying Chad's guilt and involvement at all. I think he's guilty of so much evil. Just a theory about that shooting incident. JMO MOO

Interesting. Solves the transportation riddle -- If a deliberate miss, Alex would assume that Chad would do anything to avoid calling the police, so being seen pulling up to Chad's house and driving away later would not be a problem. Did somebody sense that Chad was getting cold feet about his relationship to Lori? As long as Alex was alive he was a deterrent against Chad throwing Lori under the bus. And once Chad murdered Tammy he was in all the way. Worth thinking about.

Really good points about Chad having so many reasons for Tammy not to be shot at his home. It makes me really wonder if this shooting attempt wasn't really Lori and/or Alex giving Chad a big threat / warning show that if he didn't follow through and kill Tammy that they were going to do it in a way that made him look guilty for that and the kids buried in his yard. Just a theory, as it explains why no bullet casings or holes were found (if I remember correctly) and why they 'missed' (i. e. blanks). Chad still would have had to cover for the shooter, since he was so involved. Then 10 days later he follows through and murders Tammy, with Alex watching and/or helping nearby. I'm not downplaying Chad's guilt and involvement at all. I think he's guilty of so much evil. Just a theory about that shooting incident. JMO MOO
Somebody had to tell Alex when Tammy woud arrive home that night and IMO that person was Chad. Also, there was no need for target practice if he was going to use blanks.

Interesting. Solves the transportation riddle -- If a deliberate miss, Alex would assume that Chad would do anything to avoid calling the police, so being seen pulling up to Chad's house and driving away later would not be a problem. Did somebody sense that Chad was getting cold feet about his relationship to Lori? As long as Alex was alive he was a deterrent against Chad throwing Lori under the bus. And once Chad murdered Tammy he was in all the way. Worth thinking about.
BBM. Nope, not in the slightest. Lori was the actual prize to him. Chad declared Tammy a zombie a couple of weeks prior to her death, after she failed to die in a car crash on her way to Utah. That would make Alex less apprehensive about his task. Alex reportedly stated that he had no regrets about killing Charles since he killed a zombie. He likely really believed BB was a zombie, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia