Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know IF Lori is having a status/competency report hearing on Monday, 3/7/22?

@montegrl - ?? TIA! :)

The Mycourt portal has been down for several days at this point so the general public doesn't have any access. I will look for other ways to find out, maybe Judge Boyce's schedule is posted somewhere. Sorry @Niner!

The Mycourt portal has been down for several days at this point so the general public doesn't have any access. I will look for other ways to find out, maybe Judge Boyce's schedule is posted somewhere. Sorry @Niner!

Oh - no need to be sorry - not your fault. I will await your answer if you find one! Thanks! :)

Does anyone know IF Lori is having a status/competency report hearing on Monday, 3/7/22?

@montegrl - ?? TIA! :)
I believe there were more sealed documents added to her file today. I suspect her (successfully feigning) incompetance status will remain unchanged, though at some point they’ll proceed to make the designation permanent.

Unless they declare her competent poor Chad will be heading off to trial as the sole defendant, which may or may not benefit him. Does anyone know if if an incompetant person can still be called as a trial witness?

That doesn't look like justice from where I'm sitting.

"Lengthy", I agree.

I've lost faith in them. Pathetic! IMO

I don't think they could prove to a jury's satisfaction that anybody but Alex Cox was involved. There are certainly highly suggestive behaviors, especially regarding the burner phone, but that's not proof.

Justin Lum:

COMPETENCY REPORTS SEALED: Judge Steven Boyce signs order sealing Department of Health competency reports regarding Lori Vallow. The reports from two doctors have been submitted to the Court.

Damn...Facebook people are crazy. I can't even read the comments

Last edited:
New HTC live with Lori Hellis:

She thinks (speculates) that Lori and Chad are allowed to receive letters from each other in jail. That way they could stay on the same page when it comes to their beliefs. LH isn't convinced that Chad will throw her under the bus at the trial.

In regard to the failure to prosecute Chad for the attempt on BB, LH stated that it's a jurisdiction issue. In order to charge someone with a crime in Arizona, it should be provable that at least a portion of the criminal act occurred within the state, for which apparently Chad's text messages sent from Idaho didn't qualify.

Last edited:
I don't think they could prove to a jury's satisfaction that anybody but Alex Cox was involved. There are certainly highly suggestive behaviors, especially regarding the burner phone, but that's not proof.

Exactly. No such crime as “Felony Answering the Phone When a Criminal Calls You on a Burner Several Times Before, During. and After Trying to Kill Someone, or Maybe Just Scare Him, We Don’t Know.”

JP's reply to State's supplement and disclosure for the State's motion for the court to allow additional evidence (15 pages):

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/030222 Reply to States Supplement.pdf

Excerpt:

The Supplement ignores and misconstrues the relevant law, fails to provide the information necessary to compare the costs of a trial in Ada County to a trial in Fremont County, inflates cost estimates through the State’s own costly decisions, and fails to even acknowledge Mr. Daybell’s fundamental constitutional rights that would be prejudiced by transporting a jury from Ada County.

Apart from the cost debate, JP argues that transporting the jury would result in reducing the jury pool and sequestering it would put pressure on the jurors, which would both be prejudicial for Chad.

Last edited:
I’m beginning to think I shouldn’t have posted something so flippant as the above. Sorry.
I'm wondering if it would make a difference if those were texts instead of calls. Lori Hellis said yesterday that even if it could be proven that MBP gave BB's new address to Lori & co. and told them to go get him, that would still not be enough for charging her. She would have to do more "in furtherance of the crime".

New HTC live with Lori Hellis:

She thinks (speculates) that Lori and Chad are allowed to receive letters from each other in jail. That way they could stay on the same page when it comes to their beliefs. LH isn't convinced that Chad will throw her under the bus at the trial.

In regard to the failure to prosecute Chad for the attempt on BB, LH stated that it's a jurisdiction issue. In order to charge someone with a crime in Arizona, it should be provable that at least a portion of the criminal act occurred within the state, for which apparently Chad's text messages sent from Idaho didn't qualify.

Thanks, that's interesting. Could Idaho charge him, then? Or does that make it a Federal crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000