Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1519764677189722113?t=u-a7aeOkY7DQAuczRm4yBg&s=19

DECISION: Judge Steven Boyce denies motion by Idaho prosecutors to reconsider & transport jury in Vallow Daybell trial. Ada County is where the murder trial will be held. https://t.co/7UEyI6z6Ro

Here is the last page of judge’s memorandum decision.

“The more cumbersome and perhaps more costly approach is here determined to be the best approach.” https://t.co/nlU9gkBHep

(Back in a jiffy with attachment)

Attachments

• 20220428_155604.jpg
    20220428_155604.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 19
I'm a bit disappointed that the trial is going to go ahead in Ada County. JMO but I feel that it should be taking place where these murders were committed.
IMO, because of the children, they will get the death penalty regardless where the trial is held. I think Chad had a better chance of a reduced sentence in his home county because so many knew him and even supported his beliefs. Makes me ill to even think anyone could ever believe him.

I’ve seen so many cases just destroyed by judges and prosecutors in the nation that I’m just praying this case gets to trial and that the DA really does do his job!

IMO, because of the children, they will get the death penalty regardless where the trial is held. I think Chad had a better chance of a reduced sentence in his home county because so many knew him and even supported his beliefs. Makes me ill to even think anyone could ever believe him.

I’ve seen so many cases just destroyed by judges and prosecutors in the nation that I’m just praying this case gets to trial and that the DA really does do his job!

Yes I see your point, I just feel that peopleof the Community should be able to attend theCourt , many did after all takethis to their hearts and now won't be able to attend.

I too have seen many cases destroyed by doings sloppy job. So for the victims I'd like to see a job well done.

Yes I see your point, I just feel that peopleof the Community should be able to attend theCourt , many did after all takethis to their hearts and now won't be able to attend.

I too have seen many cases destroyed by doings sloppy job. So for the victims I'd like to see a job well done.
Is it really too far for the locals to attend? Where I live the surrounding counties are so close. Maybe they are moving it to a larger city? I didn’t keep up with that.
I have always been in favor of a trial being held close to where the crimes are committed. I have just read so much about Chad and his books and beliefs and followers being right there in his county.

I’ve followed four cases on WS and not one has seen the actual killers go to prison. Justice is taking too long.

Hopefully this decision means the State will now get back to focusing on their case and their presentation of it to the jury...especially since this is now coming (it appears) 3 months before they initially said they'd be ready by.

Is it really too far for the locals to attend? Where I live the surrounding counties are so close. Maybe they are moving it to a larger city? I didn’t keep up with that.
I have always been in favor of a trial being held close to where the crimes are committed. I have just read so much about Chad and his books and beliefs and followers being right there in his county.

I’ve followed four cases on WS and not one has seen the actual killers go to prison. Justice is taking too long.
upload_2022-4-28_19-59-40.png

Appears a bit over 300 miles away (from Madison Courthouse to Ada County one)

View attachment 341815

Appears a bit over 300 miles away (from Madison Courthouse to Ada County one)
Wow. I had no idea. A local could go for maybe a day. That’s a five hour drive one way!

Ok. So we all know they are guilty. There’s JJ, Tylee, Tammy, Charles, and most likely Joe and Alex. I always heard in the old days you were arrested by your local sheriff, judge found you guilty and they strung you up in a tree or hung you in town square. We had our Constitution back then but no drawn out defense tactics, etc.

Hopefully this decision means the State will now get back to focusing on their case and their presentation of it to the jury...especially since this is now coming (it appears) 3 months before they initially said they'd be ready by.

Well more than 3 months for when they felt they'd be ready. The state said they wanted the trial to start in September of 2023, again "out of an abundance of caution". JB ruled for January 2023

Snipped for focus

The trial is going to be held in Boise, which is a little over 300 miles from Rexburg.

The decision will mean the jury pool will be local to the trial rather than being transported to accommodations far from home for the estimated 10 weeks of the trial. The latter option was, in my opinion, completely untenable.

Got this article in my alerts.

Judge denies Daybell dismissal request, reaffirms decision to move trials to Ada County - East Idaho News

April 28, 2022

ST. ANTHONY — District Judge Steven Boyce has denied a motion to have a criminal indictment against Chad Daybell dismissed. The judge has also denied a request from prosecutors to have a jury transported from Ada County to Fremont County for the upcoming trials.

Boyce filed the motions Thursday and ruled that jury trials for Daybell and his wife, Lori Vallow Daybell, will remain in Ada County, affirming a decision he made in October. The Daybells are charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 16-year-old Tylee Ryan — two of Lori’s kids — and Chad’s first wife, Tammy Daybell.

The judge granted a change of venue for the trials last fall saying a fair and impartial jury could not be impaneled in Fremont County. During a three hour hearing April 19, prosecutors argued it would be more cost-effective to keep the trials in Fremont County but have jurors brought in from Ada County. John Prior, Chad Daybell’s attorney, and Jim Archibald, Lori Vallow Daybell’s attorney, opposed the request.

Much of the argument over the cost of the trials came down to whether the jury will be sequestered, which has not yet been decided.
[.....]
In a separate order, Boyce denied Prior’s request to have the criminal indictment against Chad Daybell dropped. A hearing was held on the matter in March and the judge wrote Thursday that his official decision and order is sealed due to requirements that grand jury proceedings be kept confidential.

“However, in consideration of…the public’s right to information on criminal proceedings, the Court acknowledges that the Defendant Chad Guy Daybell’s Motion to Dismiss the Indictment is DENIED, without prejudice,” Boyce wrote.

Chad and Lori Daybell have pleaded not guilty to their charges. Chad’s trial is scheduled to be held in January and Lori’s is set for October but in order for it to happen on the scheduled date, Boyce would need to sever the cases as they are currently conjoined. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Chad and have until June to declare if they will do the same with Lori.

I don't live in US so have little knowledge of the areas but know that moving from Fremont to Ada County would be a heck of a journey travelling there and back. Even paying for hotel costs would put this total cost quite high.

No doubt Chads family and Tammys would like to attend but we don't know if they could afford the costs involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member