Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense that Emma would be appointed because she then could carry on the book business as outlined in the will? Heartbreaking to read all of the family names and thing that she had a plan in place to provide for the kids and for her husband if we were to be widowed. Very sad really.

Makes sense that Emma would be appointed because she then could carry on the book business as outlined in the will? Heartbreaking to read all of the family names and thing that she had a plan in place to provide for the kids and for her husband if we were to be widowed. Very sad really.

Shows who the responsible caretaker of the family was IMO.

From what I gathered - jury selection starts on 10/11 & trial begins on 10/19.... at least that is what I have in my notes.

I interpreted the judge as saying that the trial date would need to be set for any day on or before 10/19/22 to comply with Lori's right to a speedy trial. Everyone then adjourned and looked at their calendars and later, it was set for the 11th.

I interpreted the judge as saying that the trial date would need to be set for any day on or before 10/19/22 to comply with Lori's right to a speedy trial. Everyone then adjourned and looked at their calendars and later, it was set for the 11th.

Okay - I shall put that down then - thanks!

edited to add - just re-read my notes - jury selection starts 10/11 & trial starts on 10/13 - not 10/19 as I stated before...

No way! Especially when jurors are going to be shipped 100’s of miles from home for 10 weeks. There are going to be an awful lot of jurors who try to get out of it — medical conditioms requirimg repeated dr visits, gramdchildren, nieces and nephews being born, seriously ill family members. What will the judge allow as reason to be excused? I imagine a lot of jurors are going to be eager to get home and I hope they are able to set that aside and really comcemtrate on the case. I don’t know if it’s true but people have said Casey Anthony got off becaise the jury was sick of being sequestered and wanted to get home for the holidays. It would be awful if after all this time waiting jurors have extraneous factors subconsciously impacting their opinions. I would welcome the opportunity to sit on the jury for a case like this but 2 months away from my family would bug me!

Thursday, April 28th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 1pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 with jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks)
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 4/1/22 reference post #436 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

4/15/22 Update: Judge Steven Boyce is NOT allowing the media to live stream the hearings next week. We (East Idaho News) cannot post anything live from the courtroom as things are underway. We will record proceedings & post video after the hearings are over. Next motion to dismiss & motion to reconsider transport or transfer of venue to Ada County.
4/19/22 Update: District Judge Steven Boyce presiding. Daybell's attorney asks judge to dismiss hearing, which he denied. Fremont County Clerk Abbie Mace called as first witness. Special prosecutor Rachel Smith: Daybell chose the venue for his trial when he murdered his wife, JJ & Tylee in Fremont County. 104 people listed as potential witnesses when Daybell/Vallow case goes to trial. Prosecution asks to speak with Judge Boyce. They, along with John Prior, have left the courtroom. Clerk Abbie Mace has concluded testimony. Lt. Travis Ruby from Ada County Sheriff's Office is now on the stand. Ruby's testimony cut short due to audio issues. Rexburg Police Chief Shane Turman is now on the stand. Rexburg Police Chief Turman explaining that he worked with the prosecution to come up with how much it will cost his department to move trial to Ada County. Turman has been excused & Lt. Ruby with Ada County Sheriff's Office is back on the stand via Zoom. Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries called as final witness. Closing arguments. Following closing arguments, Lori Daybell's attorney said his client is in agreement about location of trial & asked court to uphold previous decision. Judge will issue written ruling later. Next status conference hearing on 4/28/22 @ 1pm.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) – Fremont County: 5/27/21: Found incompetent to stand trial. All hearings put on hold. Competency review hearing was on 6/16/21, but Prosecutor Wood withdraws motion to contest competency. 4/11/22: Found competent to stand trial. Pretrial conference hearing on 9/6/22, jury selection on 10/11/22 & trial set to begin on 10/13/22.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.

The status conference for today was canceled last week. There was a separate order issued yesterday in CD's case by the judge, we will need to be on the lookout for it unless it's sealed. MOO

Attachments

• 20220428_105553.jpg
    20220428_105553.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220428_105540.jpg
    20220428_105540.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 25
Maybe we will see some of these? Not sure what is sealed and what isn't (this is CD's case and there is 1 in LV's case):

• 04/27/2022 Order

• 04/28/2022 Decision or Opinion

Comment
    Memorandum Decision and Order

• 04/28/2022 Order

Comment
    on Motion to Dismiss Indictment

Comment

Maybe we will see some of these? Not sure what is sealed and what isn't (this is CD's case and there is 1 in LV's case):

• 04/27/2022 Order

Comment

• 04/28/2022 Order

Comment
    on Motion to Dismiss Indictment

Comment

DBM

Last edited: