Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't live in US so have little knowledge of the areas but know that moving from Fremont to Ada County would be a heck of a journey travelling there and back. Even paying for hotel costs would put this total cost quite high.

No doubt Chads family and Tammys would like to attend but we don't know if they could afford the costs involved.

The 11 US states that are bigger than the UK | Daily Mail Online

Idaho is not on this list of US states larger than England, but is close in area.

People in the west generally get used to the distances.

Traveling to Europe back in the days of the EurailPass, I was continuously amazed to get on a train in one country, and get of an hour later in another country!

jmho ymmv lrr

I'm honestly not sure what the issue is with her using her legal last name, Daybell. She's been consistently using it since they were married. John Prior is the one that consistently referred to her as "Miss Vallow" in an effort to distance her from Chad. If your last name can make you guilty, instead of facts of the crime, I'm happy with her using her legal last name. IMO, it shows motive. JMO

I don't live in US so have little knowledge of the areas but know that moving from Fremont to Ada County would be a heck of a journey travelling there and back. Even paying for hotel costs would put this total cost quite high.

No doubt Chads family and Tammys would like to attend but we don't know if they could afford the costs involved.

Hopefully, someone will help with costs. Victim compensation programs tend to reimburse for actual physical injury, forensic exams, mental counseling, and funeral expenses. I wonder if there are any type of programs that allow for trial travel. JMO

There are plenty of hotels in the area if the citizens of Rexburg want to come to Boise to see the trial.

I am hoping it will be televised and we can all watch it from the comfort of home or office in my case.
I wonder how likely would someone from out of town who isn't family be able to get into the courtroom as a spectator. Spaces will likely be limited.

There are plenty of hotels in the area if the citizens of Rexburg want to come to Boise to see the trial.

I am hoping it will be televised and we can all watch it from the comfort of home or office in my case.

I suspect news media will have already booked a lot of those accommodations, though when I did that sort of thing for a living, it wasn’t unheard of for us to get trailers for the duration. I imagine a lot of Rexburgers will make the trip to see at least part of the action. Whether they’ll be allowed into the courtroom is another matter.

Last edited:
I suspect news media will have already booked a lot of those accommodations, though when I did that sort of thing for a living, it wasn’t heard of for us to get trailers for the duration. I imagine a lot of Rexburgers will make the trip to see at least part of the action. Whether they’ll be allowed into the courtroom is another matter.
I read too fast and I'm hungry. I just saw "Rexburgers" and my mind went to food.

Hopefully, someone will help with costs. Victim compensation programs tend to reimburse for actual physical injury, forensic exams, mental counseling, and funeral expenses. I wonder if there are any type of programs that allow for trial travel. JMO

I’m sure there will be some crowdsourcing.

I'm honestly not sure what the issue is with her using her legal last name, Daybell. She's been consistently using it since they were married. John Prior is the one that consistently referred to her as "Miss Vallow" in an effort to distance her from Chad. If your last name can make you guilty, instead of facts of the crime, I'm happy with her using her legal last name. IMO, it shows motive. JMO
Not during the times she was flying under the name “Lori Ryan”, and she was still technically married to Charles Vallow at the time and even now.

/????? And never having to say you're sorry?????
I do not believe for one second she was incompetent. She knows how to play people. She did it so skillfully in the Gilbert Police Station. When she played the victim card after cleaning out CV'S payroll acct, and flirting with the LEO'S who flat out told her how to evade a lawful court order. Yeah she knows full well what she did, has done,and is still doing. She's not fooling me. MOO

Got this article in my alerts.

Judge denies Daybell dismissal request, reaffirms decision to move trials to Ada County - East Idaho News

April 28, 2022

ST. ANTHONY — District Judge Steven Boyce has denied a motion to have a criminal indictment against Chad Daybell dismissed. The judge has also denied a request from prosecutors to have a jury transported from Ada County to Fremont County for the upcoming trials.

Boyce filed the motions Thursday and ruled that jury trials for Daybell and his wife, Lori Vallow Daybell, will remain in Ada County, affirming a decision he made in October. The Daybells are charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 16-year-old Tylee Ryan — two of Lori’s kids — and Chad’s first wife, Tammy Daybell.

The judge granted a change of venue for the trials last fall saying a fair and impartial jury could not be impaneled in Fremont County. During a three hour hearing April 19, prosecutors argued it would be more cost-effective to keep the trials in Fremont County but have jurors brought in from Ada County. John Prior, Chad Daybell’s attorney, and Jim Archibald, Lori Vallow Daybell’s attorney, opposed the request.

Much of the argument over the cost of the trials came down to whether the jury will be sequestered, which has not yet been decided.
[.....]
In a separate order, Boyce denied Prior’s request to have the criminal indictment against Chad Daybell dropped. A hearing was held on the matter in March and the judge wrote Thursday that his official decision and order is sealed due to requirements that grand jury proceedings be kept confidential.

“However, in consideration of…the public’s right to information on criminal proceedings, the Court acknowledges that the Defendant Chad Guy Daybell’s Motion to Dismiss the Indictment is DENIED, without prejudice,” Boyce wrote.

Chad and Lori Daybell have pleaded not guilty to their charges. Chad’s trial is scheduled to be held in January and Lori’s is set for October but in order for it to happen on the scheduled date, Boyce would need to sever the cases as they are currently conjoined. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Chad and have until June to declare if they will do the same with Lori.

Thanks for this. I had it in my mind that the issue was transporting jury from Rexburg (Freemont Co.) to Boise (Ada Co.) rather than the other way around. Makes even more sense this way.

Attachments

• 20220502_193641.jpg
    20220502_193641.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220502_193656.jpg
    20220502_193656.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1521273122543988737?t=eCljgAKeDS24LM4ZH7hWVg&s=19

Prosecutors also motion to continue Vallow’s trial from 10/11/22 to 1/9/23 as previously scheduled for both Vallow and Chad Daybell. It’s a 13-page motion to find good cause to delay trial date. https://t.co/oJh4E5tRp8

(I love you all but I don't feel like screenshotting 13 pages lol)

I just gotta LOL at their characterization of moving it from October to January as a “brief continuance”…..

uhhhhh I think many (especially her counsel) would argue three months is not a “brief” delay in someone who has already demanded a speedy trial, as is her right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member