Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is for the DNA that will be consumed during testing, they need both CD and LV to be represented when they do that or it could get thrown out. CD has already briefed it but LV hasn't. The cases have been joined since the beginning with the grand jury indictment.
I thought that they had ways now for the DNA to be amplified so that not so much was needed for testing?

I have a hard time believing the "what you haven't heard" part. Looks like mainly clickbait and for the casual viewer. Although I'm unfamiliar with HLN. Thoughts on their stuff?

We will end up discussing and correcting all the wrong info that ends up being shown and none of the "unheard" pieces will be new info. This is how most of these go. YMMV and JMO

I thought that they had ways now for the DNA to be amplified so that not so much was needed for testing?
They do, but the original problem is that there isn't very much DNA and any sort of manipulation of the DNA such as amplifying it is a modification of the evidence the defense might find fault with the execution of. So it really is better just to wait at this point and see what LV's position on the testing is before consuming it and risk losing the evidence altogether.

We will end up discussing and correcting all the wrong info that ends up being shown and none of the "unheard" pieces will be new info. This is how most of these go. YMMV and JMO
I think Adam Herbets and Kim Powell are involved as journalists (they were in the trailer). They both have been following this case closely.

New interview with Colby:

"It was kind of early on," Colby said of noticing his mom's doomsday beliefs coming to the fore. "I'm not exactly sure when it started but probably when I was around 11.

"I was never brought into it, really. I definitely feared it [the end times] because I heard it from her and because I trusted her. But as I grew up, probably around 17 or 18, I was like, ‘I’m just going to live my life the way I can’.

So according to Colby, Lori got into doomsday beliefs soon after marrying Charles?

New interview with Colby:

"It was kind of early on," Colby said of noticing his mom's doomsday beliefs coming to the fore. "I'm not exactly sure when it started but probably when I was around 11.

"I was never brought into it, really. I definitely feared it [the end times] because I heard it from her and because I trusted her. But as I grew up, probably around 17 or 18, I was like, ‘I’m just going to live my life the way I can’.

So according to Colby, Lori got into doomsday beliefs soon after marrying Charles?
I'm probably going to buy his book to be supportive. It seems tangible. JMO

From the article:

Colby said he typically refrains from following the coverage of his mom's trial now, again accepting that her fate is out of his hands.

Reliving the harrowing details of his siblings' deaths will also not change the fact they're no longer here, he said.
Colby added: "So it's not like I have everything I want back, and I've had to come to terms with the fact I'm just not going to get my family back, no matter what happens at trial, no matter if they were beaten up or not, or whatever the case was - it's just not going to change anything.

Last edited:
I'll shorten this up a bit....

Wednesday, May 25th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. Fremont County
Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 with jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks).
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 4/15/22 reference post #650 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-65.615074/page-33

4/19/22 Update: District Judge Steven Boyce presiding. Daybell's attorney asks judge to dismiss hearing, which he denied. Fremont County Clerk Abbie Mace called as first witness. Special prosecutor Rachel Smith: Daybell chose the venue for his trial when he murdered his wife, JJ & Tylee in Fremont County. 104 people listed as potential witnesses when Daybell/Vallow case goes to trial. Prosecution asks to speak with Judge Boyce. They, along with John Prior, have left the courtroom. Clerk Abbie Mace has concluded testimony. Lt. Travis Ruby from Ada County Sheriff's Office is now on the stand. Ruby's testimony cut short due to audio issues. Rexburg Police Chief Shane Turman is now on the stand. Rexburg Police Chief Turman explaining that he worked with the prosecution to come up with how much it will cost his department to move trial to Ada County. Turman has been excused & Lt. Ruby with Ada County Sheriff's Office is back on the stand via Zoom. Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries called as final witness. Closing arguments. Following closing arguments, Lori Daybell's attorney said his client is in agreement about location of trial & asked court to uphold previous decision. Judge will issue written ruling later. Next status conference hearing on 4/28/22 @ 1pm.
4/28/22 Update: Hearing was cancelled. 4/27/22: Order. 4/28/22: Memorandum decision & order. Order: Motion to Dismiss indictment. Memorandum Decision & Order. Judge Steven Boyce denies motion by Idaho prosecutors to reconsider & transport jury in Vallow/Daybell trial. Ada County is where the murder trial will be held. In a separate order, Judge Boyce denied Prior’s request to have the criminal indictment against Daybell dropped. A hearing was held on the matter in March & the Judge wrote Thursday that his official decision & order is sealed due to requirements that grand jury proceedings be kept confidential. “However, in consideration of…the public’s right to information on criminal proceedings, the Court acknowledges that the Defendant Daybell’s Motion to Dismiss the Indictment is DENIED, without prejudice,” Boyce wrote. Chad & Lori Daybell have pleaded not guilty to their charges. Chad’s trial is scheduled to be held in January & Lori’s is set for October but in order for it to happen on the scheduled date, Boyce would need to sever the cases as they are currently conjoined. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Chad & have until June to declare if they will do the same with Lori.
5/12/22: Motion to seal State's objection & motion to strike. Order: to seal State's objection/to close hearing & seal record. 5/19/22 Update: Next motion hearing on 5/25/22 @ 1:30pm & motions hearing on 6/8/22 via Zoom. 5/20/22: Motion to Seal: Supplemental request for discovery as to defendant Daybell's Motions to disqualify APA Rachel Smith & Rob Wood and/or to dismiss indictment.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) – Fremont County: 5/27/21: Found incompetent to stand trial. All hearings put on hold. Competency review hearing was on 6/16/21, but Prosecutor Wood withdraws motion to contest competency. 4/11/22: Found competent to stand trial. Motions hearing on 5/19/22. Pretrial conference hearing on 9/6/22, jury selection on 10/11/22 & trial set to begin on 10/13/22.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.

• 05/24/2022 Motion
    Comment
    to Seal State's Objections and Briefs in Response
  • 05/24/2022 Order
    Comment
  • 05/24/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Brief in Response to Motions on APA Smith: Motion for Discovery and to Dismiss
  • 05/24/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Brief in Support of Objection to Motion to Disqualify Prosecuting Attorney
  • 05/24/2022 Motion
    Comment
    to Seal
  • 05/24/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Seal
  • 05/24/2022 Objection
    Comment
    to Motion to Strike and Exhibits in Memorandum
  • 05/24/2022 Reply
    Comment
    to State's Objection and Motion to Strike
  • 05/24/2022 Motion
    Comment
    to Unseal 3 Motions Regarding Prosecutorial Authority
  • 05/24/2022 Reply
    Comment
    and Objection to the Motions to Seal Filings Regarding the Prosecutorial Authority
  • 05/25/2022 Motion Hearing
    Judicial Officer
    Boyce (District), Steven
    Hearing Time
    1:30 PM

• 05/24/2022 Motion
    Comment
  • 05/24/2022 Order
    Comment
  • 05/24/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Brief in Response to Motions on APA Smith: Motion for Discovery and to Dismiss
  • 05/24/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Brief in Support of Objection to Motion to Disqualify Prosecuting Attorney
  • 05/24/2022 Motion
    Comment
    to Seal
  • 05/24/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Seal
  • 05/24/2022 Objection
    Comment
    to Motion to Strike and Exhibits in Memorandum
  • 05/24/2022 Reply
    Comment
    to State's Objection and Motion to Strike
  • 05/24/2022 Motion
    Comment
    to Unseal 3 Motions Regarding Prosecutorial Authority
  • 05/24/2022 Reply
    Comment
    and Objection to the Motions to Seal Filings Regarding the Prosecutorial Authority
  • 05/25/2022 Motion Hearing
    Judicial Officer
    Boyce (District), Steven
    Hearing Time
    1:30 PM
Is the hearing viewable somewhere, or do I remember correctly that it’s going to be closed?

More promo for the Monday's HLN special:

Chad edited his quarterback friend's autobiography in 2015:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members