Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a lawyer, and this is just my opinion, but I fear that this decision to try them together will result in any conviction being overturned on appeal and new, separate trials being ordered.

I recall cases in the past overturned for this very reason, but then I could not find any specific cases to cite! So maybe I am wrong. But I feel it would have been safer to have two separate trials as requested by the defendants.

I'm not a lawyer, and this is just my opinion, but I fear that this decision to try them together will result in any conviction being overturned on appeal and new, separate trials being ordered.

I recall cases in the past overturned for this very reason, but then I could not find any specific cases to cite! So maybe I am wrong. But I feel it would have been safer to have two separate trials as requested by the defendants.

It's my understanding is that if the appellate court overturns this, LV would walk free...No new trial

It's my understanding is that if the appellate court overturns this, LV would walk free...No new trial

Yes. I see this happening. I think that the state made a charge with the death penalty to try to force them into a plea. And in this case, there is nothing for CD and LVD to lose to keep it going.

I hope we don't see another "Casey Anthony" here. LVD and CD go back to Hawaii, dancing on the beach.

Yes. I see this happening. I think that the state made a charge with the death penalty to try to force them into a plea. And in this case, there is nothing for CD and LVD to lose to keep it going.

I hope we don't see another "Casey Anthony" here. LVD and CD go back to Hawaii, dancing on the beach.

I think both will be convicted. However, there really isn't a glaring appeal issue for CD. It's only LV whose rights are being violated. Would end up with LV that would be freed and CD still in prison or put to death. Pretty much par for the course for LV

As long as good cause for the delay is confirmed on appeal, she won't succeed. The judge listed multiple reasons, none of which creates prejudice for her. Unlike Chad, Lori didn't ask to be tried separately. Also, her lawyers getting more time benefits her. JMO

Latest legal analysis by Lori Hellis on the HTC yt. Lori claims that there are inconsistencies in the judge's memorandum. She doesn't think Lori's lawyers having more time to prepare contributes to good cause for the delay. LH also disagrees with faulting Lori for the delay caused by her incompetence. According to LH, a post-trial appeal could take years to resolve. Preparation of the trial transcripts alone could take a whole year.

Last edited:
Don't forget this case against Lori:

*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. A Maricopa County Attorney’s Office spokeswoman said in June that Lori’s case in Idaho will run its course before she faces the charge in Arizona

*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. A Maricopa County Attorney’s Office spokeswoman said in June that Lori’s case in Idaho will run its course before she faces the charge in Arizona
Good! So even if this trial of hers gets overturned by appeal, Arizona is still going after her for Charles's murder. She's going to spend time in prison, not dancing on beaches in Hawaii.

Good! So even if this trial of hers gets overturned by appeal, Arizona is still going after her for Charles's murder. She's going to spend time in prison, not dancing on beaches in Hawaii.
If she does get off in ID due to her speedy trial right being violated, dollars to donuts her “fragile” mental state will take a turn for the worse before AZ even gets their hands on her.

I think both will be convicted. However, there really isn't a glaring appeal issue for CD. It's only LV whose rights are being violated. Would end up with LV that would be freed and CD still in prison or put to death. Pretty much par for the course for LV
I agree with you. IMO the judge is taking a huge risk for the sake of convenience. Better for justice to risk a retrial for Chad than risk Lori’s conviction being overturned w/no chance for retrial. But apparently better for the court to risk LV being set free than risk incurring the possible expense and inconvenience of multiple trials. It will depend entirely on whether the appellate court agrees the Judge had justifiable cause to overlook her speedy trial rights.

For those of us who are worrying about this, we’ll be worrying about this for a long, long time.

Watching again, that law enforcement footage of Tylee waiting to be interviewed after Charles murder…that poor young girl the things Lori put her through before she murdered her.
Please for the love of everything.. these monsters can never,ever walk free.

MOO

I am confident that Idaho will put her away forever, but if by some awful chance she escapes justice there, I know Arizona will come after her with everything they have!

And if Arizona prosecutes successfully, well, I hear Jodi A is looking for a roommate!

That would be true punishment - Self-centered, narcissistic, repugnant trash - both of them!

My opinion, of course.

Last edited:
@montegrl - just wondering - still nothing on court dates for either one?

Actually in my notes I have Lori's next hearing on 9/6 a pretrial hearing & Chad on 11/9.
Lori's was scheduled before the trial date change.

This is my opinion only. The below material, discussing a possible sexual relationship between Lori Daybell and Ale Cox, blew me away when I read it today. Likely it was posted on WS when the articles were first published, but I have sort of drifted away from this case over the last year, and missed them. I post them here to get the thoughts other WS members who are following this sad, and sick, case.

It makes sense in a way, as to why Lori could possibly be involved with murdering her own children, if she grew up in an environment where she was probably molested as a girl by Alex, and her family perhaps found that fact not unusual, but normal.

It doesn't excuse anything Lori did, but it make the incomprehensible more understandable. MOO.

Excerpt:

A childhood best friend of Lori's, identified under the pseudonym Rose Vaughn in Glatt's book, told the author that ... One night when they were in seventh grade, Rose recalled how she had been sitting in Vallow's bedroom when she suddenly burst into tears and blurted out that Alex had been making sexual advances on her. "We grew up together so we talked about everything," Rose said. "Suddenly Lori was crying and emotional, and she just said, 'Alex is trying to have sex with me. What can I do?'"

This is my opinion only. The below material, discussing a possible sexual relationship between Lori Daybell and Ale Cox, blew me away when I read it today. Likely it was posted on WS when the articles were first published, but I have sort of drifted away from this case over the last year, and missed them. I post them here to get the thoughts other WS members who are following this sad, and sick, case.

It makes sense in a way, as to why Lori could possibly be involved with murdering her own children, if she grew up in an environment where she was probably molested as a girl by Alex, and her family perhaps found that fact not unusual, but normal.

It doesn't excuse anything Lori did, but it make the incomprehensible more understandable. MOO.

Excerpt:

A childhood best friend of Lori's, identified under the pseudonym Rose Vaughn in Glatt's book, told the author that ... One night when they were in seventh grade, Rose recalled how she had been sitting in Vallow's bedroom when she suddenly burst into tears and blurted out that Alex had been making sexual advances on her. "We grew up together so we talked about everything," Rose said. "Suddenly Lori was crying and emotional, and she just said, 'Alex is trying to have sex with me. What can I do?'"

I don't doubt that that's why Alex was willing to do anything for her, even sacrifice himself.

Excerpt:

Ages would be Lori, age 12, Alex, age 17.

@montegrl - just wondering - still nothing on court dates for either one?

Actually in my notes I have Lori's next hearing on 9/6 a pretrial hearing & Chad on 11/9.
Lori's was scheduled before the trial date change.

Oops - I see that I have in my notes that Chad has a motions hearing on 6/8/22 - is that still on? @montegrl

Oops - I see that I have in my notes that Chad has a motions hearing on 6/8/22 - is that still on? @montegrl

Hi Niner! Nothing new, there have been some motions filed etc. but no new dates added. Chad's next hearing is the one on 6/8/22 but I'm pretty sure that is sealed so we won't see it. Lori's hearing on 9/6/22 for the pretrial is vacated:

09/06/2022 Pre-trial Conference
Judicial Officer
Boyce (District), Steven
Hearing Time
10:00 AM
Cancel Reason
Vacated

So her next hearing is with CD as of now:

11/09/2022 Pre-trial Conference
Judicial Officer
Boyce (District), Steven
Hearing Time