Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that sometimes we can, not exactly forget, but not fully understand, the tragedy of people who are "collateral damage" in awful cases like this one. I am referring particularly to Colby, of course. He is not in what I would call the major cast of players in this dreadful tragedy, and yet his life has been impacted in an appalling way. He will never completely recover from it, how could he. We can only pray that the people who love him can help him find some comfort and peace.

I think that sometimes we can, not exactly forget, but not fully understand, the tragedy of people who are "collateral damage" in awful cases like this one. I am referring particularly to Colby, of course. He is not in what I would call the major cast of players in this dreadful tragedy, and yet his life has been impacted in an appalling way. He will never completely recover from it, how could he. We can only pray that the people who love him can help him find some comfort and peace.
How about Brandon too, who narrowly escaped being murdered. His ex needs to go to jail.

Whilst I think their relationship odd, I tend to take these sorts of reports with a pinch of salt. In addition, Loris is a teller of lies and fantasy tales. If it was true, I would have thought that she would have put a large amount of distance between them once she reaches adulthood.
One would think so. But this report did not come from Lori, but from her best childhood friend, although it was disclosed by her under a pseudo name. So perhaps one should take it with a grain of salt. Yet as soon as I read the report, the relationship between Lori and Alex became more understandable.
Perhaps if Lori at age 12 was molested by brother Alex at age 17, instead of running from Alex in later life, Lori found a way to twist the experience to her advantage, insofar as having a continuing hold" over Alex, whereby he became her strong arm willing to do act against others at her behalf. Just my opinion.

Wednesday, June 15th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 with jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks).
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 5/24/22 reference post #864 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-65.615074/page-44

5/25/22 Update: Next motion hearing on 6/8/22. 5/31/22: Response to Request for Discovery: 4th Supplemental. 6/1/22: Motion (to seal) & Order (to seal). Motion to deny motions without hearing due to failure to comply with ICR 12. 6/6/22: Motion (to seal) & Order (to seal). Witness & Exhibit List.
6/9/22 Update: Motions hearing on 6/15/22 @ 9am & pretrial conference on 11/9/22. Time was changed to 10:30am for hearing on 6/15/22.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) – Fremont County: 5/27/21: Found incompetent to stand trial. All hearings put on hold. Competency review hearing was on 6/16/21, but Prosecutor Wood withdraws motion to contest competency. 4/11/22: Found competent to stand trial. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23. Last hearing on 5/19/22.
*Madison County
: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.

One would think so. But this report did not come from Lori, but from her best childhood friend, although it was disclosed by her under a pseudo name. So perhaps one should take it with a grain of salt. Yet as soon as I read the report, the relationship between Lori and Alex became more understandable.
Perhaps if Lori at age 12 was molested by brother Alex at age 17, instead of running from Alex in later life, Lori found a way to twist the experience to her advantage, insofar as having a continuing hold" over Alex, whereby he became her strong arm willing to do act against others at her behalf. Just my opinion.

I didn't know John Glatt wrote a book about this. I'm going to go the Kindle store now.

Excerpt about the welfare check from the new book on this case, authored by journalist Leah Sottile:

ETA: The author recently gave a podcast interview. She dug deep into the case and has knowledge of the underlying culture, so (IMO) this book might be interesting.

Last edited:

“So at this point, we're working closely with Judge Boyce and his staff to ensure they have what they need for them to be able to try the case here,” said Steve Hippler, the administrative district judge for the Fourth Judicial District, which includes Ada County.

Another interview with the book author:

Freelance journalist Leah Sottile said she’s always been fascinated by people on the fringes, which has led to a career exploring extremism in the West.
Her new book, “When the Moon Turns to Blood,” explores the couple (Lori and Chad) ties to near death experience and apocalyptic literature, and Latter-Day Saints beliefs outside of accepted church doctrine.

Another interview with the book author:

Freelance journalist Leah Sottile said she’s always been fascinated by people on the fringes, which has led to a career exploring extremism in the West.
Her new book, “When the Moon Turns to Blood,” explores the couple (Lori and Chad) ties to near death experience and apocalyptic literature, and Latter-Day Saints beliefs outside of accepted church doctrine.
This one looks interesting. I’ve pre-ordered the Kindle version.

Harking back a bit to the "collateral damage" victims, I'm also thinking of Joe Ryan's sons, Tylee was their little sister. And of course they also lost their father. Sympathies to them as well.
I think you might possibly mean Charles Vallow's two sons from an earlier marriage. IIRC, Tylee was Joe Ryan's only biological child, although through his marriage to Lori, he was also Colby's stepfather (I cannot remember for certain, but I don't think he adopted Colby.)

Hope these links work. They are all the same call recorded by Chandler LE. I could give a start time but Debbie, the ex-wife of Alex Cox talks, Joseph Ryan, the Cox Family and the info of the relationship between Alex and Lori.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo