Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I’ve said this from the beginning. There are some basic features of this case that are jaw-droppingly weird to many of us, but that can be seen as less outrageous by those reared on a belief system that allows for personal visions and other aspects of the Daybell story. We must be very careful here to avoid judgments of the LDS faith in this regard. Every religion seems fantastical to those who don’t practice it — and even to some who do!
Trust me, as an active LDS member, there are many basic features of this case that are jaw dropping and outrageous to us as well. Even the nomenclature used by Chad’s group is unfamiliar and strange (zombies, light and dark ratings, castings, Hiplos, ripped veils, death percentages, multiple probations and the list goes on).

I’ve never personally met anyone that claims they met Jesus Christ, let alone someone that was him in a past life or do I know anyone claiming to have “personal visions”. Personal revelation? Yes, but I think that concept is most equivalent to a “gut instinct” more than something strange and crazy.

Trust me, you don’t have to worry about an LDS jury pool. We are smart enough to see the bastardization of a religion that many of us love (and others love to hate).

Last edited:

If the trial remained in Fremont County, I wonder what would be the chance of one of Chad's sympathizers getting on the jury? Even if locals weren't part of his inner cult, some might have been familiar with certain fringe concepts.
Actually, mainstream LDS are actually more likely to be vehemently opposed to anyone who takes the LDS faith to extremism. CD would be better off with a non LDS jury...JMO.

I just had another look at that photo of Tylee hugging JJ on the last day of her short life, with Alex smiling in the background. That man was so evil - was he even then deciding just how to kill and dismember her? He deserves the worst imaginable punishment - he escaped it in this life, I sure as Hell hope that there is a real Hell. I have never stomped on someone's grave, or wanted to, but for Alex Cox I would make an exception.

I think this is pretty standard but I'm curious if JA is going to push for a plea deal and get LV to agree??? He's got a lot of work in front of him to try this case

I think this is pretty standard but I'm curious if JA is going to push for a plea deal and get LV to agree??? He's got a lot of work in front of him to try this case

Can not access this article - is the date on 11/9/22 - I have that one or is there a different date in there?

TIA! :)

I don't have anything called "open link in incognito window" - :( Can you just tell me if the date is 11/9? :)
Shows
  • By LISA SMITH
  • 20 hrs ago
If you search from their main page, the article is titled

Vallow-Daybell pretrial conference set for November​

Just a few bits that stand out from the article

"A pre-trial conference to discuss a potential plea deal for murder defendant Lori Vallow-Daybell is scheduled for the fall.
According to court documents filed on Friday, the conference will be held at 9:30 a.m., Nov. 9, at the Fremont County Courthouse. Judge Steven Boyce will preside"

Also
"The courts routinely seek some type of a sentencing compromise prior to a jury trial, said Vallow-Daybell’s attorney Jim Archibald.
“We always try to settle cases,” Archibald told the Standard Journal.
Archibald has brokered plea deals in sparing his clients the death penalty. Most recently, he plea bargained for Idaho Falls murder defendant Brian Dripps who was sentenced to 20 years to life for the rape and murder of Angie Dodge in 1996. Christopher Tapp had been wrongfully convicted in the case and spent 20 years in prison before he was exonerated in 2019.
Archibald said it’s too early to know whether that will be possible in Vallow-Daybell’s case.

“Right now the answer is ‘no’ — there’s no settlement,” he said."

And
"Court documents filed on June 21 also noted that the May 2021 grand jury transcript had been printed and presented to Archibald after Boyce requested he receive a hard copy of it. Archibald had received an electronic version of the transcript last year.
The printed version resulted in 1,000 pages for Archibald to review. During the grand jury hearing 51 witnesses were questioned. The grand jury called for the Daybells to be charged with the murders of the children and for Chad to also be charged in Tammy Daybell’s murder. Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow-Daybell were indicted in May 2021.
“It was five days of testimony,” Archibald said of the grand jury hearing. “It was just a lot more than other cases. This is way more involved.”
The voluminous grand jury testimony is not public record, he said."

These were innocent children murdered. There is no justification, but say if Tylee was a rebellious out of control youth that was kicked out of school, beat up people, just mean and incorrigible. A parent could get frustrated and "lose it" and they could kill them while trying to restrain them. Again, not justified at all in any way, shape, or form, but it can be believed. These two kids were living life and following mom all over wherever she led. They did absolutely nothing to invoke the ire of Lori at all. JJ is the most innocent of any child. I have full confidence that the jury will see the obvious - that this was planned and premeditated and hidden, therefore they knew what they did was wrong.
We all hope you're right. Justice must prevail.

I am really against any plea bargaining being allowed in this case. Tylee and JJ didn't get a chance to bargain for their lives, so why should their murderers?
I'm not sure a plea deal is really in the cards from the state, although they know what evidence they have. I will say I've changed my thoughts on this a bit based on watching the prosecution as my confidence in them has faded. I'm also worried about moving her trial outside of the speedy trial but I know not everyone shares that concern. A plea could be something as simple as taking the death penalty off the table but could potentially tie everything together to seal the deal with CD. IMO, I think any plea deal would still end with heavy sentencing. I don't think we'd see anything like the Kelsey Berreth case. Again, just my thoughts

Still reading, and finding a lot more information. I really wonder about the death of Joe Ryan...especially because of the life insurance policy, paid out to Tylee, with LVD as "trustee".

The information about LDS extremists is very interesting, with more background on the LDS church leadership role and change within the organization away from prepper mentality. Things I never knew. Definitely worth reading. Looking forward to more books about CD and LVD.

I think MG and MBP are really getting a pass. And ZC. It is obvious that they knew much more about what was going on.

I understand the trepidation of a plea deal - we want them to pay. But to me, there isn't punishment enough for what they did. As long as they have life without any possibility of parole, I do not care how it comes. If it helps answer some of the peripheral questions surrounding their evilness, i.e., Joe's death, Alex's death, the extent of others involved (Melanie, Melani, Zulema, etc.) then I am all for a plea deal.

I understand the trepidation of a plea deal - we want them to pay. But to me, there isn't punishment enough for what they did. As long as they have life without any possibility of parole, I do not care how it comes. If it helps answer some of the peripheral questions surrounding their evilness, i.e., Joe's death, Alex's death, the extent of others involved (Melanie, Melani, Zulema, etc.) then I am all for a plea deal.

Also serves the taxpayers well to avoid a trial.

Doesn't serve us very well, but we understand that Tylee, JJ, Tammy, Charles, and Joe matter more than we do.

I'd like to know Colby's choice, and the grandparents Kay & Larry Woodcock. Whatever their choice re: plea deal, I would flat-out accept.

(IIRC, Kay & Larry ask for death penalty?)

jmho ymmv lrr

Right click and "open link in incognito window"

The article is from yesterday
That option works for many of us here, but some of our amazing sleuths, such as @Niner are outside the US and unable to access many news articles from the US. I'm not trying to be defensive, but thought an explanation might be needed so noone thinks our friends across the pond are just being lazy and not reading the articles. JMO

That option works for many of us here, but some of our amazing sleuths, such as @Niner are outside the US and unable to access many news articles from the US. I'm not trying to be defensive, but thought an explanation might be needed so noone thinks our friends across the pond are just being lazy and not reading the articles. JMO

Yes - that is correct - we have stupid EU rules on some articles from the U.S. I still don't know WHY??!! It gets frustrating when I have to ask for someone to tell me "what" the articles say.... :(

I wasn't paying attention when I posted it originally. I checked their location afterwards. @Niner is the last person I was worried about being lazy. Ha ha. That's why I posted bits of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654