ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This media attorney sucks. I've heard way better arguments in situations like this
I agree. I liked the Judge’s questioning of who makes the determination of what is picked up with their mics or not? Is it him? Is it the media themselves?

He tried to answer it but he was also trying to walk this (what I think is) a double edged sword in which he is offering additional microphones that have the capability of muting and thereby avoiding a picking up any confidential information being shared and discussed. But the flip-side is that, as the Judge inquired, relying on the person doing that to make that decision. A mic placed at each of the tables will pick up everything, at least for the sound person listening and making those mute / unmute determinations, and it doesn’t (at least it seems to this Court) matter if it is broadcast or not. It’s the fact that possibility is in play with all this additional equipment and relying on external people to follow an Order without being able to, understandably so, verify in real-time if that Order is being followed. The issue is only compounded if and when the hearing is being broadcast live.

I agree. I liked the Judge’s questioning of who makes the determination of what is picked up with their mics or not? Is it him? Is it the media themselves?

He tried to answer it but he was also trying to walk this (what I think is) a double edged sword in which he is offering additional microphones that have the capability of muting and thereby avoiding a picking up any confidential information being shared and discussed. But the flip-side is that, as the Judge inquired, relying on the person doing that to make that decision. A mic placed at each of the tables will pick up everything, at least for the sound person listening and making those mute / unmute determinations, and it doesn’t (at least it seems to this Court) matter if it is broadcast or not. It’s the fact that possibility is in play with all this additional equipment and relying on external people to follow an Order without being able to, understandably so, verify in real-time if that Order is being followed. The issue is only compounded if and when the hearing is being broadcast live.

I kept hoping he would say they could put it on a 5 minute delay or something. Seems like that would take care of the problem.

Video of hearing at link. Did they have LVD in a kiddie seat today?

Video of hearing at link. Did they have LVD in a kiddie seat today?

LVD wore high heels.

Sounds to me Idaho is unable and/or unwilling to attempt what the courts of thousands of other high profile broadcasted cases have been able to successfully do. Given the amount of distrust now surrounding this case (and rightfully so in my opinion), this would be par for the course.

JB keeps talking about his concerns of preserving a fair trial yet the decisions he continues to make are the concerns I personally have. He's the one creating appeal issues.

Let's deny LV her constitutional right of a speedy trial just a tad...or you know, a 1/4 of a year

Seal anything they want without proper compliance (in which JP has even argued against). You don't think this will be one of his first appeals?

The LH motion hearing should be excellent...I'm assuming it won't be broadcasted and they'll let a couple dozen people in to report back to the public that all is good and on the up and up. Hell, maybe they'll just barricade the entrance and tell everyone that it's simply to preserve a fair trial.

Last edited:
I still can't get over that fact that all of those big media companies didn't bring in a hotshot media attorney. Here's the guy that was there today.

I thought the media attorney did okay. Just okay. He should have spent more time on what open/public court hearings really mean when you have a high profile case like this. The people - the people who care about seeing justice - have a right to see that justice is done. You can't accommodate them in a small courtroom. Move it to an arena - let us come. Or allow cameras in the courtroom and let us watch. Justice must not only be done but be seen to be done.

Here is what Canada's Supreme Court said:
My answer is that they can and must, if we want to sustain a society built on the rule of law. Despite occasional discomfort, a free press and an independent judiciary must work together to foster a society committed to the rule of law. The rule of law cannot exist without open justice and deep public confidence in the judiciary and the administration of justice. And the media is essential to building and maintaining that public confidence.

Here is what Canada's Supreme Court said:
"My answer is that ... if we want to sustain a society built on the rule of law. Despite occasional discomfort, a free press and an independent judiciary must work together to foster a society committed to the rule of law. The rule of law cannot exist without open justice and deep public confidence in the judiciary and the administration of justice. And the media is essential to building and maintaining that public confidence".

I still can't get over that fact that all of those big media companies didn't bring in a hotshot media attorney. Here's the guy that was there today.

Agreed but in addition, JB was obviously ready for a fight and was combative out of the gate.

I get they have like 14 spots for the "public" if they want/can attend in person. That's awesome. I trust an actual record of said hearing (even if delayed) than I do with any of the current parties involved as much. Even the state, I trust them less by the day. I'd put money we're talking about this case 10, 20+ years from now and what went wrong. I hope I'm wrong

@montegrl - I have 11/9/22 as a pretrial hearing, but no time of start for both. Is this correct?

TIA! :)

I watched the first episode of the netflix doc last night, it may not have had new or shocking information but I did find it interesting, Hearing recordings of Chad and Lori talking about themselves and being gods chosen etc, wow what a descent into chaos. I also feel that the psych eval by CBI was not completed efficiently, I understand that some folks are good liars especially if they believe their lies... but If Lori was able to spend 48 hours not accusing her husband of being possessed by a demon, I think it shows her skilled at manipulation and should take any insanity defense off the table, she was able to "act" normal for the eval or the eval was a farce and CBI should hold some responsibility. And watching her prance into the police department with Tylee and Melanie and giggle with the officer... so many opportunities for further investigation. Sorry my thoughts are all over the place.

I watched the first episode of the netflix doc last night, it may not have had new or shocking information but I did find it interesting, Hearing recordings of Chad and Lori talking about themselves and being gods chosen etc, wow what a descent into chaos. I also feel that the psych eval by CBI was not completed efficiently, I understand that some folks are good liars especially if they believe their lies... but If Lori was able to spend 48 hours not accusing her husband of being possessed by a demon, I think it shows her skilled at manipulation and should take any insanity defense off the table, she was able to "act" normal for the eval or the eval was a farce and CBI should hold some responsibility. And watching her prance into the police department with Tylee and Melanie and giggle with the officer... so many opportunities for further investigation. Sorry my thoughts are all over the place.

I watched the netflix documentary as well. I was left with the thought about what tragedy two evil, entitled and delusional, people can create if/when their paths cross. Also how little the public really knows about the central characters when a news story first hits the headlines.

Will there be cameras? Did the judge decide?
Thanks.
(As usual) he said he's going to take it under advisement and issue a written Order, in due course......

I would have thought he'd have taken the time before the hearing yesterday to watch the footage of the hearing they were complaining about, but hey ho.

Last edited:
(As usual) he said he's going to take it under advisement and issue a written Order, in due course......

I would have thought he'd have taken the time before the hearing yesterday to watch the footage of the hearing they were complaining about, but hey ho.
Thank you.
I get the feeling something political is going on. I’ve always thought that. Mr Wood would like Lori and Chad to just afmit the murders so he can get out of this, imo.
I think the judge doesn’t want cameras. Don’t know why. We will see.

Thank you.
I get the feeling something political is going on. I’ve always thought that. Mr Wood would like Lori and Chad to just afmit the murders so he can get out of this, imo.
Sadly I think you may be right. Something is fishy.

I see a letter written to the Supreme Court was posted to the Cases of Interest site today. It is written by Mrs. Hellis who filed the Motions about all this sealing of records.

Can be found here

Thank you.
Could you define what you mean by "something political?" TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo