ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it at CV and LVD's house? Or was that something else?

Yes, that's what I remember (not from a temple or church or whatever) but they were labeled as Colby's wedding photos... maybe from Justin Lum's FB?

The US Sun did an interview with Colby in May. Apparently he told Lori around 2008 that he had been sexually abused by Joe Ryan (we learned about the alleged abuse from a Dateline episode):

"The only reason I even told my mom was because Tylee was about to have a visitation [with Joseph Ryan].
"And I'm like, 'There's no way I can let my little sister go be around him. I have to say something.'
"It was really hard, that entire situation of talking about it, and I can remember how devastated she was."

This part makes the theory that Lori planted the idea of sexual abuse in his head a little less likely.

I don't excuse Colby for what he did, but I do hope he gets the help he needs. If anyone has been messed up by their family, it's Colby. Also he seems to be truly sorry, and I for one believe him.
He deserves credit for admitting his guilt, but other than that, all my sympathy lies with his victim and their children, who are now also collateral victims. It makes me sick and I wish we never had to bring it up ever again.

The US Sun spoke with Kay Woodcock:

Just over a month* after Charles was shot dead, the husband of Lori's niece, Brandon Boudreaux, was shot at during an attempted drive-by believed to have been carried out by Cox.
This, Kay told The U.S. Sun, is when she started fearing that she might be next on Lori's alleged hit list.
"After we found out about Brandon, I really started to worry," she said.
"I started carrying my pistol around my house with me if I was home alone.
"I would carry my pistol from room to room, so if I went in the shower or something, I'd put the pistol on the counter; if I was in the living room watching TV it would be on the table right next to me.
"I would also never go out in my car without it," added Kay.
"I was worried about how dangerous Lori and Alex were becoming ... I thought they could be coming for me next."
It was only after the sudden and mysterious death of Alex Cox in December 2019 that she breathed a sigh of relief for her own safety.

*It was actually nearly three months

“The first time she called from the jail she said ‘The kids are fine,’” her mom Janis remembers. “She said, ‘You know what kind of mother I am. I would never hurt the kids.’”
That June, officials exhumed Tylee and JJ’s bodies from Chad’s backyard.
“Those beautiful, talented, loving, generous kids had so much to offer and experience. I can’t think about them without crying,” Janis sobs in the doc.

“The first time she called from the jail she said ‘The kids are fine,’” her mom Janis remembers. “She said, ‘You know what kind of mother I am. I would never hurt the kids.’”
That June, officials exhumed Tylee and JJ’s bodies from Chad’s backyard.
“Those beautiful, talented, loving, generous kids had so much to offer and experience. I can’t think about them without crying,” Janis sobs in the doc.
That article has a pretty good, succinct timeline of the case without getting sucked into any unnecessary rabbit holes of theories.

Just finished watching the first episode of the Netflix series. Not planning on watching the rest.

My take is that it fails significantly because it tries to tell a 100 page story in one page. The problem with this kind of Cliff Notes version of a complex narrative is not that it get things wrong, but that it leaves so much out that the overall impression it gives is misleading.

So if you are looking for an illustrated timeline that shows (most of) the significant players, I’d say it’s worth your time. If you are looking for psychological depth you‘re going to have to look elsewhere.

Edit: Mrs. Isokawa thinks I should watch the whole thing before passing judgement.

Last edited:
It has been awhile since either one was in court - so have not been able to shorten these up. Now I can... :)

Thursday, Sept. 15th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP.
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21.
Trial was set to begin on 10/13/22 was continued to 1/9/23. (Trial expected to last 10 weeks).
Transferred to mental hospital on 6/24/21. Found competent on 4/1/22 & transferred custody (4/14/2) to the Madison County Detention facility.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 8/12/22 reference post #66 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-66.631271/page-4

8/13/22 Update: The joint motions hearing on Tuesday, 8/16/22 has been vacated. The lawyers reached an agreement regarding consumptive DNA testing. But Lori will still be in court on Tuesday, 8/16/22 as her defense argues several motions.
8/16/22 Update: Jim Archibald & John Thomas, Vallow’s defense attorneys, believe two of the counts listed in the indictment are complicated because they each include two separate allegations. Counts one & three, filed on May 25, 2021, are each labeled, “Conspiracy to commit first-degree murder & grand theft by deception.” They’re asking District Judge Steven Boyce to reconvene the grand jury to deliberate & amend the indictment so both alleged crimes are tried as their own count. Prosecutors Lindsey Blake & Rob Wood say the motion has no basis because the law allows for an allegation in a single count of a conspiracy to commit multiple crimes, according to court documents filed Wednesday. Blake & Wood object to reconvening the grand jury & call the motion “untimely,” saying it should have been filed by May 27, the deadline to file such motions. The judge stated that he will take the motions into consideration & render a written decision on the arguments presented today.
8/12/22: Order: The Court received 3 motions from proposed intervenor & movant, Lori Hellis appearing pro se: 1) Motion to intervene; 2) Motion for injunctive relief & 3) Motion to unseal all documents & transcripts or recordings of past hearings. On Aug. 6, 2021, this Court entered a public order ("Order") in this case directing that "all subsequent pleadings" in the case be filed "captioning only that individual Defendant's respective case # & name." While the Order is expressly directed to "Counsel", the intention of the Court extends to "any person" attempting to file pleadings in either case contemplated in the Order, in order to maintain a consistent orderly administration of the cases. The Court has reviewed Hellis' motion & finds it does not comply with the Order. Hellis can refile again. For those reasons, Motion to intervene is denied. Motion for injunctive relief is denied & the Motion to Unseal is denied without prejudice. Pretrial hearing on 11/9/22.
8/30/22: Vallow's defense filed Motion to Clarify media in the courtroom. Want cameras banned from hearings. Next Motions hearing on 9/15/22 @ 9am for both. 9/8/22 Update: Judge Steven Boyce has denied a request from Vallow’s defense team to reconvene a grand jury for the purpose of clarifying language in her criminal indictment.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. A Maricopa County Attorney’s Office spokeswoman said in June that Lori’s case in Idaho will run its course before she faces the charge in Arizona. Maricopa County

ALSO:

*Motions Hearing (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 1/9/23 with jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks)
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 6/6/22 reference post #887 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-65.615074/page-45

6/9/22 Update: Motions hearing on 6/15/22 @ 9am & pretrial conference on 11/9/22. Time was changed to 10:30am for 6/15 hearing. 6/15/22 Update: Next pretrial conference on 11/9/22.
7/6/22: Order: defendant Daybell filed 2 motions under seal, regarding Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood, seeking his disqualification from representing the State of Idaho. Motions are denied. The State's Motion to Dismiss for failure to comply with Idaho Rule 12(b) is denied. Daybell's motion to continue hearing on 6/8/22 is denied.
7/18/22: Prosecutors in murder cases are asking a judge to allow comprehensive DNA testing on several pieces of evidence. In a motion filed Monday, Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake & Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood asked Judge Steven Boyce to allow them to test the following items: Hairs on duct tape inside a body bag used to transport the remains of JJ, ridge detail (fingerprints) on the adhesive side of tape associated with JJ’s body, small dark spots on the handles of a shovel & pickax recovered from a garage/barn, swabs of tape areas & swabs from fingernails from JJ’s right hand obtained during his autopsy. Prosecutors are asking for consumptive testing on the items, which means testing can only be done one time as this type of testing would obliterate the evidence. In the motion filed this week, prosecutors note they have not had consumptive testing done on any materials up to this point but ask Boyce to now allow it. Defense attorneys often have someone observe or videotape consumptive testing as it can only be done once. And asked for a hearing date.
7/25/22: Motion to seal. Order to seal. Requesting permission to appeal Court's order. 7/30/22: Daybell: Motion to intervene. Declaration in Support of Motion; memo in support of motion. Motion to unseal. Motion for injunction. (Motion to unseal all documents & transcripts or recordings of past hearings & relate motion for injunctive relief. filed by Lori A.G. Hellis). 8/3/22 Update: Motions hearing on 8/16/22.
8/5/22: Affidavit of Greg Hampikian in opposition to motion for consumptive testing filed by Prior. 8/12/22: Stipulation for consumptive testing of forensic evidence signed by both parties.
8/13/22 Update: The joint motions hearing on Tuesday, 8/16/22 has been vacated. The lawyers reached an agreement regarding consumptive DNA testing. But Lori will still be in court on Tuesday, 8/16/22 as her defense argues several motions.

8/12/22: Order: The Court received 3 motions from proposed intervenor & movant, Lori Hellis appearing pro se: 1) Motion to intervene; 2) Motion for injunctive relief & 3) Motion to unseal all documents & transcripts or recordings of past hearings. On Aug. 6, 2021, this Court entered a public order ("Order") in this case directing that "all subsequent pleadings" in the case be filed "captioning only that individual Defendant's respective case # & name." While the Order is expressly directed to "Counsel", the intention of the Court extends to "any person" attempting to file pleadings in either case contemplated in the Order, in order to maintain a consistent orderly administration of the cases. The Court has reviewed Hellis' motion & finds it does not comply with the Order. Hellis can refile again. For those reasons, Motion to intervene is denied. Motion for injunctive relief is denied & the Motion to Unseal is denied without prejudice.
8/24/22 Update: Notice of remote hearing. Next motions hearing on 8/31/22 & pretrial hearing on 9/15/22 & 11/9/22. 8/31/22 Update: Next motions hearing for both on 9/15/22. Lori Hellis motions hearing to unseal documents on 10/13/22 @ 9am.

As this case grinds along at a snail's pace, I am still eagerly awaiting some more details. I particularly want to know how poor Tammy was killed, and who by exactly. One of the worst things about these murders, IMO, is that the victims were all just innocent and good people. So unlike their murderers. So unjust.

I've got company coming but they don't need a neat and tidy house right?

Camera person being careful to only film the lawyer who is speaking, so Lori only shown when her attorney speaking. And she's sitting back and he's leaning forward, so can't even see what she's wearing.

Sound quality poor, better with earbuds in.

Just finished watching the first episode of the Netflix series. Not planning on watching the rest.

My take is that it fails significantly because it tries to tell a 100 page story in one page. The problem with this kind of Cliff Notes version of a complex narrative is not that it get things wrong, but that it leaves so much out that the overall impression it gives is misleading.

So if you are looking for an illustrated timeline that shows (most of) the significant players, I’d say it’s worth your time. If you are looking for psychological depth you‘re going to have to look elsewhere.

Edit: Mrs. Isokawa thinks I should watch the whole thing before passing judgement.

Agree.

The series tells a version of the story, but it's far from the most detailed or interesting version of that story, and it lacks impact overall, which is odd given the remarkable depth and power of feeling and sadness within the bizarro world created by LD/ CD.

My partner watched along, and while she described it as "generally blah," she was tickled and at times unsettled by the sheer oddness of some of the details, none of which were ever really illuminated and given the necessary analysis because, well, the show must go on. My impression thus far is that the doc misses something that this board has really come to terms with over the years, the mixture of mundane and tawdry and violent and surreal.

Anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member