Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a particular answer except for the fact that (a), Nate says it and I am assuming he queried this before publishing; (b), IIRC, the witness list was broken out into dates; and one person's name (can't remember whose), was listed for the afternoon/evening of Day 2 and also appeared first on the morning of Day 3.

From the latter especially, I was thinking this list illustrated people both actually called to the stand and in the order which they were called; rather than the ahead-of-time wishlist. If you were recounting actual people who showed up, this would be the point at which you would note that one of them needed to be held over for a second day of testimony.

JMO, IMO, all that jazz.
Here is an article that shows the indictment. The last two pages are the witness list with the dates.
https://www.kivitv.com/news/court-tv-chad-daybell-indicted-on-3-counts-conspiracy-to-commit-murder

That article reads that the remains of the children were found January 2020, but that is not correct.

While CD and LVD were tracked down in Hawaii in late January 2020 and she was subsequently arrested there and later extradited to Idaho in early March, the children's remains were not recovered until June 9, 2020 and CD was arrested that same day.

They soon corrected their mistake... "Correction: A previous version said the children's bodies were found in January 2020. They were found in June 2020."

Nate Eaton has posted the grand jury witness list tonight writing “here is the list of witnesses who testified during grand jury precedings in the case of Chad and Lori...”

I thought some of us speculated here that while was a “witness list”, that the grand jury chose/chooses who they wanted to hear from, and that it is likely that not everyone on the list actually testified....?
Does anyone have any more about this?
Just curious and thank you in advance

There were two lists. The one that was submitted at the end of the indictment/included as part of and included names associated with days, and then a later "corrected" version submitted to the courts. So, I would assume that the later one is a list of actual witnesses.

Last edited:
There were two lists. The one that was submitted at the end of the indictment/included as part of and included names associated with days, and then a later "corrected" version submitted to the courts. So, I would assume that the later one is a list of actual witnesses.

The "first" list filed on the 25th of May (filed 08:37:36) with folks/days is at the bottom of this https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Indictment.pdf .

The second corrected submitted on the 25th of May (filed at 10:29:40) is at https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Motion to Amend and Attach Corrected Witness List.pdf .

ETA: I'll head to the media thread and put there also
Yes! Thank you for the reminder on that. I think I was confused as Nate’s post about “here’s the list of who testified” showed the long list of everyone and not the version that had each day broken out. I appreciate the reminder and the update(s) to the Media thread

"Yes, and that's the tragedy. There were many agencies that could have stepped in and lives would have been changed and or saved. Just imagine if Joe had gotten full custody of Tylee. Maybe they would both be alive today." (QUOTE)

They probably would be, almost certainly. Tylee would be enjoying her break now, after her first year in college. Driving around in her jeep, meeting friends, etc. It breaks my heart.

Sorry, I think that should be "second year in college"? Math not my strong point!

One of the books is by John Glatt, who is a decent author, but these books seem too, too premature. It's like there's a race to publish, but so much evidence has yet to be revealed. I'll hold off on reading any books about this case until after the trial, when so much more information will be revealed. Hopefully, a more comprehensive account will be published at that time.
Yep. It seems like profiting off a tragedy and far too soon.

The "first" list filed on the 25th of May (filed 08:37:36) with folks/days is at the bottom of this https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Indictment.pdf .

The second corrected submitted on the 25th of May (filed at 10:29:40) is at https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Motion to Amend and Attach Corrected Witness List.pdf .

ETA: I'll head to the media thread and put there also

I'm adding here for completeness the discovery that MM wanted from December (Discussed in February hearing), and last I read from the media thread, the judge approved all but the last 3 on the list.

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Specific Requests of Discovery Pursuant to Idaho Criminal Rule 16 1.pdf

MM List Screenshot
MMList.JPG

Amended GJ List of Witnesses
GrandJuryList.JPG

Daybell attorney withdraws subpoena against EastIdahoNews.com reporter - East Idaho News

The subpoena, which was filed in early May, had commanded Eaton to appear in a Fremont County courtroom for a hearing ostensibly to discuss changing the venue of the Chad and Lori Daybell court cases......Prior’s subpoena aimed to compel Eaton to testify about EastIdahoNews.com, including its geographic and/or online reach, audience size and amount of pageviews......Since the subpoena was filed, EastIdahoNews.com has been contacted by a number of press organizations in support of fighting the order, including the Radio Television Digital News Association, the Committee to Protect Journalists and the Idaho Press Club.

Daybell attorney withdraws subpoena against EastIdahoNews.com reporter - East Idaho News

The subpoena, which was filed in early May, had commanded Eaton to appear in a Fremont County courtroom for a hearing ostensibly to discuss changing the venue of the Chad and Lori Daybell court cases......Prior’s subpoena aimed to compel Eaton to testify about EastIdahoNews.com, including its geographic and/or online reach, audience size and amount of pageviews......Since the subpoena was filed, EastIdahoNews.com has been contacted by a number of press organizations in support of fighting the order, including the Radio Television Digital News Association, the Committee to Protect Journalists and the Idaho Press Club.
Eaton has done a phenomonal job. I'm interested in this angle of the case, even if it's not about the actual crime. thanks for posting this - glad to see the support of other press organizations.
jmo

Continuing with speculation into LVs current state of mind- regarding LVs pattern of behavior that we know of, is it fair to say her incarceration is the longest she has been without male ‘relationships’ & the drama she created with them? MM would be her only consistent male audience. I bet old Chad got tired of paying for MM’s daily sessions with LV. Whether she is a genuine cult believer or not, I’d think that Chad cutting her off would be devastating to her. On top of that, LV, a woman addicted to self-induced drama, now has no access to maintaining her fading looks, (her main asset) and is in a restrictive, enforced, boring routine, (for the rest of her life!) I would guess that all weighs heavily on someone with a serious personality disorder. IMO.

I see this as a delay tactic. But, she can delay it, 10 years, filing motions, eventually, it will happen.

There is a criminal in Florida, in jail for killing his adopted daughter. He has filed so many motions, and delays, it is mind boggling. I think that he is on his 5th or 6th court appointed attorney.
FL - Nubia Barahona, 10, slain, twin injured, West Palm Beach, 11 Feb 2011 *Arrest*

But, he has stayed in jail for the entire time. LVD can obfuscate for as long as she wants. She isn't going anywhere. Even if they state she needs treatment for her disorders, it can be provided via telehealth.

One of the books is by John Glatt, who is a decent author, but these books seem too, too premature. It's like there's a race to publish, but so much evidence has yet to be revealed. I'll hold off on reading any books about this case until after the trial, when so much more information will be revealed. Hopefully, a more comprehensive account will be published at that time.
I agree. Maybe Nate Eaton will write a book.

The subpoena was an egregious assault on freedom of the press. I’m so glad it was withdrawn.

Earlier I was speculating that LVD may not have complied and completed the competency assessment but I just found this quote from one of the Judges who ruled she was currently not competent:

"The completed assessment determined that at this time the defendant is not competent to proceed, and recommends restorative treatment," Judge Steven Boyce wrote in his order to stay the case."

Lori Vallow Daybell ruled unfit to stand trial on charges related to deaths of kids JJ, Tylee - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9