Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Most states have revised the insanity plea loophole, reserving it for severe mental illness.
Indiana for instance only has "Guilty but mentally ill."
This plea means the prisoner goes to a facility until restored enough to BEGIN their full sentence in regular prison.

This seems an odd application of the insanity plea. To me, if a person committed a crime while legally insane, doesn’t that bring a plea of “NOT GUILTY by reason of insanity?” (Not in Idaho, I know. I’m talking where this defense is acceptable.) When a court validates that plea with a verdict, I don’t know of many mental illnesses serious enough to excuse committing a crime that could be cured so the patient — who may have no memory of wrongdoing — could be sent to prison to pay for that crime. Seems a bit of a tangled web. Can someone knowledgeable explain? I must be missing something.

Here's links that will get you close to the discussion of the photo of them in Yellowstone as well as their GPS hit near Buckaroo Bill's (Scroll down a bit and you'll pick up some discussion -- OR you can search for Buckaroo Bill in the forum search box)

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

Thank you for the links, it will be interesting to revisit what we were saying back then.

Ah yes, Buckaroo Bill. I just couldn't remember the name, it's so long ago.

Here's links that will get you close to the discussion of the photo of them in Yellowstone as well as their GPS hit near Buckaroo Bill's (Scroll down a bit and you'll pick up some discussion -- OR you can search for Buckaroo Bill in the forum search box)

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

Thank you for the links, it will be interesting to revisit what we were saying back then.

Ah yes, Buckaroo Bill. I just couldn't remember the name, it's so long ago.

I don't remember who posted it, but I remember it was Buckaroo Bill's Ice Cream Parlor and BBQ on Canyon St in West Yellowstone where Alex parked his vehicle. That restaurant was closed on Sundays. So, there was some speculation that Alex parked there and the group might have purchased something to eat and/or used the restrooms before the trip home at another place nearby.

ETA: Sorry @vislaw, I see you've addressed this with links!

It's great to know that someone else remembers and with such clarity. I wonder if they had a Plan B when they drove to Buckaroo Bills.

Snipped for focus
The few public details don't make me think rage or out of control behavior. But I may have missed info. Not sure it matters. No explanation will make the actions and attitudes of CD and LVD understandable.

I can’t think of chopping up someone’s body, placing it in a fire pit, then throwing the head in afterward, as anything but an act of rage. But then, I’m not a sociopath. Maybe it just seemed practical to Chad. And I agree, nothing about this will ever really make sense to us.

I
MOO It wasn’t rage. They thought it would easier to burn her body than it turned out to be. So they didn’t even try with JJ’s. I think if they’d been successful with the first body, they would’ve done it again.

I agree. What I don’t understand is why they buried them on CDs property instead of elsewhere — and why their graves were so shallow. Were they in a hurry or what?

I

I agree. What I don’t understand is why they buried them on CDs property instead of elsewhere — and why their graves were so shallow. Were they in a hurry or what?

MOO, but there's no need to go to the effort of digging a deep grave if you're planning on building a house over the shallow graves anyway. Wasn't that the plan after all?

MOO, but there's no need to go to the effort of digging a deep grave if you're planning on building a house over the shallow graves anyway. Wasn't that the plan after all?

interesting theory. I wonder since they believed the world was coming to an end soon, did they figure that they didn’t need to bother covering things up very well?

It is so wildly different from the utter control over JJ’s body that one is forced to ask why. Have you any theories on that?
I have 2 thoughts:
1. Chad did not believe in cremation due to his religious beliefs (Tammy was not cremated), he may have chose a whole body burial for JJ who he believed to be more innocent? Tylee, maybe less innocent in their eyes, would have been "cremated". Joe Ryan was cremated by Lori. I can't remember how Lori treated Charles's burial. Alex's wife would have chosen his burial treatmemt.
2. Or it was a matter of legistics. Tylee was adult size. Harder to conceal and move. JJ was smaller. I think both were brutally treated. No evidence of love or kindness in any of it. The few public details don't make me think rage or out of control behavior. But I may have missed info. Not sure it matters. No explanation will make the actions and attitudes of CD and LVD understandable.[/QUOTE]
How could Lori cremate Joe Ryan? They were no longer married.

I double checked my thoughts on cremation. Alex, Charles and Joseph were all cremated. Tylee was like an attempted cremation. A website with LDS info online says it is avoided but forbidden. Tammy was not cremated. JJ was not attempted yo be cremated. Tammy's cremation may have raised some eyebrows by the family if it was outside of tradition. JJ's "cremation" may have difficult to hide. So it might not be related to religious beliefs. Cremation destroys evidence.

Cremation is also cheaper (at least around here). More money for the "survivors". JMO

I

They were afraid of the woods. All those millions of wild acres on the return trip from Yellowstone, but they chose their backyard.

They were afraid of the woods. All those millions of wild acres on the return trip from Yellowstone, but they chose their backyard.
IMO it was initially a control issue. With the bodies in the yard, Chad could keep an eye on things. Once LE got involved, they vamoosed to Hawaii for the wedding. Maybe they thought about relocating the bodies before they left but it was too much trouble or there were too many people around. Also no more Alex to do the dirty work. JMO

This talk about the children in Chad’s yard raised a question for me. There was talk about putting a modular home over the grave site. Did the newlyweds have a plan to eventually return to Chad’s house after the wedding? Did they plan to live there until ZP started the end of the world with earthquakes?

This talk about the children in Chad’s yard raised a question for me. There was talk about putting a modular home over the grave site. Did the newlyweds have a plan to eventually return to Chad’s house after the wedding? Did they plan to live there until ZP started the end of the world with earthquakes?

I recall there was a plan to pour concrete over the area where the graves were, and to have a modular or mobile home stationed on it. Not sure who was supposed to moved in. And would zoning have permitted that on such a small piece of property?*

But with The End supposedly coming so soon after the murders, would that have advanced past the idea stage? I don’t know.

* Question for local folk: Is there sewer service there or is it well and septic? If the latter, there are regulatory limits in most jurisdictions to the number of people who can live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme