Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's his brother's statement I believe you're talking about, but it doesn't say anything about their parents:

Chad Daybell's brother issues statement 'pleading' for him to cooperate with investigation - East Idaho News

Due to the circumstances surrounding the unknown whereabouts of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, and the suspicious death investigation of Tammy Daybell, I feel I must make an official statement at this time. My name is Matt Daybell. My wife is Heather Daybell. We have been residents of the Rexburg area for over 15 years. Chad Daybell is my oldest brother. I have not seen nor directly spoken to Chad since Tammy’s memorial here in Rexburg on October 23, 2019. Since that time, I have texted Chad twice. Once, when I heard from a neighbor of his quick marriage to Lori Vallow, expressing to him my shock and dismay at this news. Second, just recently, pleading with Chad to cooperate with authorities and reveal the whereabouts of his new stepchildren.

I have not been close to Chad since childhood. My immediate family has had little association with Chad the last many years due to our concerns with his religious claims and particular books he had chosen to publish, including his own. We are deeply saddened at the recent events that have played out the last several months. It is our hope and prayer that JJ and Tylee are safe. We want for the truth to be found – whatever that truth turns out to be. Neither I, nor my wife and children have any more information than what has been reported by the news media. I plead again for Chad to come forward and cooperate with the investigation so that this very difficult situation might be resolved. My wife and I ask for privacy for us and for our children and will not be giving any further comments at this time.
This isn’t the statement I am thinking of. When he says “immediate family” in this statement, he is speaking of his wife and children.
There is, however, a statement where he expresses that he and his parents and extended family didn’t agree on Chads beliefs. I just don’t know where it is.
Anyway. that one sounded like he was onto Chads weirdness quite early while the rest of his family thought Chad was normal (my words).

Did Chad's brother (and his family) issue more than two statements? In the first one he pleaded with Chad to cooperate with the investigation and in the second he expressed condolences to the victims. Excerpt:

We also continue to pray for Tammy and Chad’s adult children and their spouses. Because of the difficulty of this situation, our relationship with them has been significantly strained. As a result, we have had no contact with them or Chad for the last many months – we do not know where his children stand at this time. As such, we ask for patience and compassion for them and for all of our extended family as we cope with the horrific events that have come to light.

JJ and Tylee's families, Chad Daybell's brother issue statements - East Idaho News

The whole divorce theory makes prefect since. And could very well be why Lori has lost it and is now playing the incompetent card. Maybe Chad is going to say he didn't kill the children but only help in hiding the physical evidence, and will blame the actual murders on Alex and Lori. Tampering with physical evidence carries a lesser sentence. I don't think they are charging Chad in CV murder. But then there is still Tammy's death. I think the main goal of CD legal team is to keep him from getting the death penalty.
BBM Didn’t the court do away with those lesser charges? I thought that was a mistake. This statement make me double down on that.

BBM Didn’t the court do away with those lesser charges? I thought that was a mistake. This statement make me double down on that.
My understanding of the prosecution's case is that CD may not have committed the physical actions that caused the deaths of the children but he was an essential, motivating force in the conspiracy to kill them. Same with Lori.

They could both argue Alex did the actual killing, but that doesn't matter, if it can be shown AC was carrying out a plan they all agreed to.

Eg Mark Sievers was convicted of 1st degree murder, and given the death penalty, even though he was in another state and didn't participate in the murder except by having the idea, recruiting someone who agreed to do it , and supplying info about when his wife would be flying home.

ETA Because ultimately it's about who is responsible for those people dying.

AC had no reason whatever for killing his niece and nephew, and IMO, wouldn't have done it unless Lori wanted it. The prosecution needs to prove that Lori wanted it because it was one of Chad's conditions for marrying her.

Last edited:
This isn’t the statement I am thinking of. When he says “immediate family” in this statement, he is speaking of his wife and children.
There is, however, a statement where he expresses that he and his parents and extended family didn’t agree on Chads beliefs. I just don’t know where it is.
Anyway. that one sounded like he was onto Chads weirdness quite early while the rest of his family thought Chad was normal (my words).

Are you thinking of Heather Daybell's letter where she said she and her family had been ostracized by the extended family?

https://storage.googleapis.com/www-courttv-uploads/2020/08/5aaeba67-heather-daybell-letter.pdf

When did the Daybells move to the Idaho property? The animals (pets) must have been dropping like flies, because I don't believe they lived there long enough to fill up one pet cemetery, to justify having to start another pet cemetery. However, perhaps Chad was conducting experiments on the animals? Trying to figure out how to send them to the portal?
Good thought! Serial killers often start out on animals...

250px-Clearwater_River_in_Ahsahka%2C_Idaho.jpg

Orofino, Idaho - Wikipedia

[At 4:54]
Scott Reisch: "We saw from the interview of [Chad's] children the other night [Wednesday night, September 1, 2021, on 48 Hours] . . . yep, that's right, [Prior] is running the defense of: his client was framed, [Chad] had no idea. It's obvious it was Alex [Cox] and Lori Vallow who were responsible for the deaths of JJ and Tylee -- with that one exception -- where Chad Daybell apparently told one of his children, when asked: 'Where are the children? Where are JJ and Tylee?', [Chad] said he was helping protect them."

[At 4:54]
Scott Reisch: "We saw from the interview of [Chad's] children the other night [Wednesday night, September 1, 2021, on 48 Hours] . . . yep, that's right, [Prior] is running the defense of: his client was framed, [Chad] had no idea. It's obvious it was Alex [Cox] and Lori Vallow who were responsible for the deaths of JJ and Tylee -- with that one exception -- where Chad Daybell apparently told one of his children, when asked: 'Where are the children? Where are JJ and Tylee?', [Chad] said he was helping protect them."

Ah, couldn't pass up an opportunity to make himself look big to his kids, now could he?

"The Protector", sure, lol. May it be his downfall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member