Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been discussed. Earlier someone stated that the Melanie in the timeline is NOT Melanie Gibb who was associated with Preparing a People. I believe she is the same person. Has this been sorted out?
Long been sorted out. Two different people. The Melani (no 'e' at the end) in the timeline is the former wife of BB who was shot at on October 2nd.

Also did anyone find marriage records of who Melanie and Alex Cox married in Nevada in November?
Yes. We can't post it here. So go here Clark Records Search And Order System and search each name.

ETA: Also, when you find Melani take the name of the person she married and search Idaho court records here Smart Search - iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Open the two court cases you find and you will find the same attorney that represents Chad and Lori also represented this guy.

Long been sorted out. Two different people. The Melani (no 'e' at the end) in the timeline is the former wife of BB who was shot at on October 2nd.

Weird. Melanie Gibb’s husband is also named Brandon. Do we know Melanies last name? Trying to read through all 5 threads but will take me awhile to catch up.

Weird. Melanie Gibb’s husband is also named Brandon. Do we know Melanies last name? Trying to read through all 5 threads but will take me awhile to catch up.

If you search the courthouse records linked above using BB's last name and her first name, you'll find it.

I voiced a nearly identical thought just yesterday while discussing this bizarre case with my more experienced WSleuths daughter !

To really understand this case, knowing the culture of rural Idaho is essential. And the LDS culture as well.

It is interesting to think this way, because I do "know" the culture in Rexburg, had 2 kids that attended Ricks college.
Hi @mickey2942 ! Can you tell me what you mean by this? I'm curious. :)

You know, as I wrote that, I tried to think what I was really writing. It is difficult to explain, but it is sort of like trying to understand a crime that took place on an Indian reservation, if you don't understand the culture, and the difference between living in a rural small town, as opposed to a crime that happens in a major metropolitan city. There is such a huge difference.

Everyone "knows" everybody. But it seems to me that Lori was an "Outlier", she didn't fit the norm of "Rexburg". I doubt that she even went to church. She didn't have family in the area, as far as I know, she moved to Rexburg, Idaho because she was infatuated with Chad Daybell.

Just from comparing pictures (Melanie Gibb's PAP bio, and Melani's picture posted on Lori's Instagram), other than both being blondes, they don't look anything alike, IMO.

Last edited:
Can we please help our mods out and NOT reply to posts we know are going to be removed? I'm guilty of it myself. This case is so confusing and we've been given some great latitude as it is. I really want this thread to stay open.

Thanks for your consideration. :)

JMO

Thank you, @TinaK, for chiming in. Just before the last thread closed, you said, "I knew Alex and just don't believe he was capable of being a mass killer as this opinion suggests." I'm sorry I can't quote it properly since it was in the last thread.

I'm sorry for your loss. This whole thing must be a shock. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind....

Do you believe Alex killed Charles in self defense?

Do you believe Alex was being framed for any or all of the deaths by Lori and/or Chad?

Do you think (especially in light of his sudden marriage into the group, etc.) that Alex could have been talked into causing any of the deaths?

Within our terms of service (as I understand it), without being a Verified Insider, you can give your opinions as long as you don't provide inside information or statements presented as fact without a msm source. Please someone set me straight if that doesn't sound right. TYIA

Do you believe Alex killed Charles in self defense? YES

Do you believe Alex was being framed for any or all of the deaths by Lori and/or Chad?
I don't have an opinion either way. I just haven't seen/heard anything supporting this.

Do you think (especially in light of his sudden marriage into the group, etc.) that Alex could have been talked into causing any of the deaths.
I think it possible, given his fragile emotional state after justifiably taking a life, that he may have been more susceptible to manipulation than he normally would be.

To really understand this case, knowing the culture of rural Idaho is essential. And the LDS culture as well.

It is interesting to think this way, because I do "know" the culture in Rexburg, had 2 kids that attended Ricks college.

You know, as I wrote that, I tried to think what I was really writing. It is difficult to explain, but it is sort of like trying to understand a crime that took place on an Indian reservation, if you don't understand the culture, and the difference between living in a rural small town, as opposed to a crime that happens in a major metropolitan city. There is such a huge difference.

Everyone "knows" everybody. But it seems to me that Lori was an "Outlier", she didn't fit the norm of "Rexburg". I doubt that she even went to church. She didn't have family in the area, as far as I know, she moved to Rexburg, Idaho because she was infatuated with Chad Daybell.
Lori didn't live there for long. I also don't see what else would have attracted her to Rexburg other than Chad Daybell. And apparently her brother moved there with her. She and her brother rented townhomes in the same complex.

I hope to God that Lori's son is being genuine and not just putting videos out for "clout". His first videos didn't get much more than 300 views, and his videos about this case have 4000, almost 2000 and 3000 views. I am NOT saying or implying that he is lying or anything like that. It's just a thought. I do feel bad for him, he has a little baby girl. He must have his hands full and this situation with Tylee and JJ must be messing with him a loooooooot.
I doubt this is about views or popularity or an audience. From what I understand his video was edited by someone else before sent out to news channels and other outlets. This looks very much like LE is wanting him to reach out in a family plea type of thing to persuade them to do the right thing. Not to mention, I think he is being quite genuine, you can see his irritation about the whole thing. - MOO

I doubt this is about views or popularity or an audience. From what I understand his video was edited by someone else before sent out to news channels and other outlets. This looks very much like LE is wanting him to reach out in a family plea type of thing to persuade them to do the right thing. Not to mention, I think he is being quite genuine, you can see his irritation about the whole thing. - MOO
Would LE really think this is going to work?

Would LE really think this is going to work?
It's possible. Prior to this whole change of mindset (mental illness?) she seemed to be quite a loving mother. Perhaps calling her back to that frame of mind might help. Can't say, but why would it not be worth a try?

Besides... if my mom up and disappeared like this, and my sibs were missing and even I didn't know where they were... I'd be making an appeal the only way I could too! (FWIW my mother wouldn't ever do that, thankfully)

Now I'm confused. Do they both have the same last name too?

I was! You need extensive infographs, pictographs and flowcharts with this cast of characters.
I was literally thinking that Lori had gotten involved with PAP because of her cousin. (Oops niece..see what I mean)
How can you be confused. One person is Melani Boudreaux (was married to Brandon who was shot at) and the other Melanie Gibb (did podcasts with Lori).

I thought they were the same initially because it mentions 4 children. However the surname is different and Gibb is not the name of the new husband,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member