Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly. You can get a marriage license. But unless you or your officiating person files the paperwork. It won’t be registered, even if the marriage is completed.

So. You can be legally married, but with no record of it.

Were does that sort of wedding take place?

So is this where she was when she left Charles for about six weeks?

I wonder if the fight was about Alex's drug use since Lori was concerned about the family's reputation.
MOO

Apparently not too concerned (see recent events). My guess is that this was a control/manipulative tactic to bring him into compliance. Moo.

In what way?

I don't really have anything specific in mind other than a full-time pastor might follow up on something they were concerned about more quickly than a bishop because they don't have two jobs to juggle, as one example that may or may not have any validity. But TBH, I don't know enough about how clergy in a typical denomination functions day to day to be able to compare. But my assumption is that if it is their full time job (the case at least with priests and pastors in some denominations) that they must be filling the time somehow. :)

MOO

Edit to add: just saw you added the specific of not being paid part. Really the differences I outlined above in time to devout is my point in mentioning pay or lack there of. I think there are other differences as well (the pastor is an employee of the congregation, so in some ways I suspect the parishoners have more power since *they* are going to decide to replace him or her, whereas that's not at all how the power dynamic works in Mormonism) but the time prioritization thing is the immediate difference I thought of.

Last edited:
I don't think we know where Lori and Chad got married weeks before the other two couples. If it was in LV, the wedding records would be found, similar to Alex's and Melani's. Do we know if Lori and Chad were in Vegas at all?
Do not know. The great thing about Las Vegas, however, is the vast amount of high quality surveillance video that can be obtained. Hopefully law enforcement has expended some effort trying to find Melani or Alex and anyone who was with them in footage.

In what way?

I don't really have anything specific in mind other than a full-time pastor might follow up on something they were concerned about more quickly than a bishop because they don't have two jobs to juggle, as one example that may or may not have any validity. But TBH, I don't know enough about how clergy in a typical denomination functions day to day to be able to compare. But my assumption is that if it is their full time job (the case at least with priests and pastors in some denominations) that they must be filling the time somehow. :)

MOO

No, IDK why. And I don't have any source for that statement, either (so take it as an opinion). It's just a trend I have noticed and others have posted about in cases I have followed on WS- that Friday is a common arrest day in big cases. MOO.
I know in public relations it’s a common strategy to announce things on Friday afternoon if you want to minimize press coverage. Not as many people watching news over the weekend with hopes the story will be “old news” by Monday. I don’t know it would be an effective strategy when the story is a local crime, or even that law enforcement would care.

When suspects have a typical M-F work schedule it makes sense to arrest and execute search warrants before the weekend if possible. Less opportunity for suspect to disappear unnoticed or destroy evidence in their free time. And it’s likely simpler to track a judge down for a warrant on Friday than over the weekend.

Just top of mind thoughts, I have no personal knowledge to support them.

So is this where she was when she left Charles for about six weeks?

I wonder if the fight was about Alex's drug use since Lori was concerned about the family's reputation.
MOO

Apparently not too concerned (see recent events). My guess is that this was a control/manipulative tactic to bring him into compliance. Moo.

Well I know when I got married here in Utah. I had to get a license. Which We did. After the wedding, the minister said he would take care of the paperwork and took the license with him (it needed his signature)

A few weeks later I received a marriage “certificate” from the county that me or my wife could use to legally change things. So while we were legally married, it took some time for that to be recognized.

Do we know that Chad and Lori went to Vegas with the other two couples or is that a guess?
Only a guess, due to time proximity. So, if Alex was seen with Lori loading a truck on November 26th and they were gone on November 27th when the search warrants were executed and Alex was married on November 29th and Melani married on November 30th it is a reasonable guess but nothing more than that.

They were on the run by 27th. When was Thanksgiving?

I have a link that includes some podcasts of Chad, Lori, MG and JM. Some were as recent as Sep 2019. Has anyone listened to any of them? Here's the link.

All episodes of Preparing A People Podcast Network

I posted that same link some time ago but the actual podcasts don't work. I thought PAP pulled them. If you can get them to work, lemme' know!

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Last edited:

MOO

I agree. The LDS bishops I know are great men, and devote much time to the church. I think the response time if not an emergency is only offset by hours vs a paid minister.

Because it's not their business? I don't ask my neighbors where their kids are. Unless you know the person well, you aren't going to be nosy.
He said that JJ had been playing with his kids almost daily so it would not have been out of place for him to ask on behalf of his kids. It would have been polite really, rather than nosey in my opinion, where young kids are concerned and are playmates.

He said that JJ had been playing with his kids almost daily so it would not have been out of place for him to ask on behalf of his kids. It would have been polite really, rather than nosey in my opinion, where young kids are concerned and are playmates.

I disagree. A man asking a woman about her or her kids whereabouts. Well. I wouldn’t. I think at that point you just mind your own business.
There is enough of a culture of things being taken wrong. That us men just shut up.

Absolutely. And a Bishop over a ward. A Stake President over a stake.

Also: Excommunication
Excommunication is the most severe Church disciplinary action. A person who is excommunicated is no longer a member of the Church. Church authorities excommunicate a person from the Church only when he has chosen to live in opposition to the Lord’s commandments and thus has disqualified himself for further membership in the Church. See also:
Church Disciplinary Councils

As far as I know Chad was not excommunicated or under disciplinary action. Anything Chad, or anyone else, may have allegedly done in secret would not be known and without knowledge of grievous sin or crime, no action would have been taken. Chad was there for Tammy's funeral, memorial service, and gone the next day.
Do you have any idea why he would have been given such a prominent calling? Just short of the Bishopric? His writings were apparently way off from Church doctrine (from the summaries/blurbs on his website), and he published/supported extremely controversial authors. Why would the Church give him any legitimacy, or place him in a leadership role? I'm not talking about the secret AVOW stuff, just the information well known to the general public. I just can't understand it (Ex-lds for 20+ years but entire family still active). Moo.

Virtually anywhere. (You're not from the US, right?) Although the specific rules probably vary a bit from state to state, as a rule, for a marriage to be recognized as legal, you have to first get a wedding license. Then you have lots of options as to where to hold the wedding, who performs the ceremony (religious leader, judges, some states virtually anyone), etc. Once it is done then the pertinent parties (bride, groom, official who conducted the ceremony, often a couple witnesses) sign the license and it gets filed at the local courthouse. But until the last step is done, which might not be timely is this theory being floated, then there would not be a record of a wedding having happened. Yes, there is a record somewhere of the license being taken out, but those records probably aren't as accessible as those showing the wedding actually took place.

Last edited:
If you pull up the link you can see the participant names. I don't think Tammy has ever done one but that is MOO. I have seen Chad and Lori listed previously on several different podcasts and on some together.

I have never seen Tammy listed on the podcasts, either.

Of note, Lori and Chad did one on 9/16/19... Not long before the special 9/23/19 date.

I disagree. A man asking a woman about her or her kids whereabouts. Well. I wouldn’t. I think at that point you just mind your own business.
Well I disagree, as a parent when your young kids are playing at each others houses sometimes you have to be "nosey" to find out such things. But that's my opinion. I wanted to be sure that new neighbour wasn't some weirdo. But my spouse was LE so maybe I am more "nosey" than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876