Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Idaho children’s mom fled the night before FBI raided home, neighbor says
He said Lori, her children, her brother and a friend had all driven up from Arizona. Seth said Lori told him she moved there to attend college.

Now I'm confused. I'm trying to find the link for MB being in AZ in Oct.
I was wrong! before I got distracted by Justin Lum's newest post. I was looking for information on MB and BB. I copied his post below:

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
January 2 at 10:24 AM ·

Fox 10 has obtained court documents confirming what happened to Brandon Boudreaux on October 2 of 2019. Boudreaux is the ex-husband of Lori Vallow’s niece - Melani. The car shown below is Boudreaux’s Tesla with a bullet hole and broken window. Gilbert Police say Boudreaux came home from the gym that morning when a suspect shot at him, missing his head by inches. The shooter was parked in a car outside and drove off after the attack. By this time, Boudreaux says his ex-wife had moved to Idaho, following her aunt Lori to join Chad Daybell’s religious group. A text message shows Melani telling Boudreaux “the kids could remain with you in Arizona.”
BBM

Basically this all means that I need a long break from this case! SORRY!

I did some Zillow/HotPads sleuthing on the Rexburg properties on Pioneer Rd. in an earlier thread. Lori's condo was taken off the rental market on 8/27. The property next door, which would be the friend/sister, was delisted on 10/25. So figure an approximate move in date of 9/1 for Lori and 11/1 for the friend/sister.

Edited to add: That's not to say that the friend/sister wasn't in Rexburg at this time. Just that she had not moved in next to Lori yet.

Its not sleuthing if you're just having visions, right? My angels tell me that the sister did not go to Rexburg. ;) My angels opinion, obviously.
Angels are in the domain of Chad's writer friend. I'm not sure if she was involved here, she's been too vocal about the case.

The sister is not named but the Daily Mail has pictures we can compare:

23196688-7869201-image-m-53_1578580823090.jpg

23207322-7869201-image-m-23_1578594590831.jpg

Mom of missing Idaho kids screamed at her killer brother that he brought disgrace on their family' | Daily Mail Online

I don't think the neighbor would confuse the two of them. Which is why I'm confused about the idea that the "sister" the neighbor met was actually Melani. Why couldn't it be the case that both Melani and Lori's sister were there at some point and the neighbor really met Lori's sister? MOO.
Thanks. I was trying to imply that they looked different. IMO the neighbor assumed that Melani was Lori's sister, unless he had interaction with them and they told him that (wouldn't be the first lie from Lori).

I was wrong! before I got distracted by Justin Lum's newest post. I was looking for information on MB and BB. I copied his post below:

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
January 2 at 10:24 AM ·

Fox 10 has obtained court documents confirming what happened to Brandon Boudreaux on October 2 of 2019. Boudreaux is the ex-husband of Lori Vallow’s niece - Melani. The car shown below is Boudreaux’s Tesla with a bullet hole and broken window. Gilbert Police say Boudreaux came home from the gym that morning when a suspect shot at him, missing his head by inches. The shooter was parked in a car outside and drove off after the attack. By this time, Boudreaux says his ex-wife had moved to Idaho, following her aunt Lori to join Chad Daybell’s religious group. A text message shows Melani telling Boudreaux “the kids could remain with you in Arizona.”
BBM

Basically this all means that I need a long break from this case! SORRY!

Well this is strange.... The paperwork in the screen shot of this post says:

"On October 2, 2019, Father left his home at approximately 7:20 a.m. to drop the older children off at school and exchange the younger children with Mother."

So MB was in AZ in October? I'm so confused.

He once refinanced his parents' house behind their back and took $250k from them."

Oh, wow. Just wow.

I’d *really* like some insight into the rest of their family dynamics. They sound like textbook golden children... I bet for every tidbit we’ve heard, there are 100 more... and most of them are worse.

Would it be such a huge process if Bailey had already gone through it once before? Hadn't they just gotten back from living in Hawaii for awhile? Did they have the service dog with them during that time, or did they just get it after coming back?

I think he would still need to go thru the titer process again. Even if he had been through the process before, entering an area where rabies exists (Arizona) would set him back to ground zero almost. You have to understand that Hawaii is one of few places in the world that is free of rabies. The state is extremely vigilant to keep it that way. As I said previously, even federal ADA laws do not provide exemption from state laws regarding rabies.

Cars nowadays have excellent seals, if windows rolled up and there was no, or little breakage to those seals, it could have floated quite a ways. Perhaps miles.
Nothing to quote but the CA cops addressed this. Yes, you are right but given the rough conditions the car could have sunk quickly. Even the Navy Seals could not get good info.

MOO: He's been played or duped into this, maybe even framed for Tammy's death. I'm still 50/50 on that.

Does Chad seem to you like a gullible type? Would he follow a woman into this big of a mess? Is he the sort to stop and rethink when things get messy, or just determinedly/stubbornly try to fix things? What’s his ego and sense of self like?

LE search 3 apartments.

I’ve been meaning to ask this and keep forgetting... but how in the heck did they get warrants for the two apartments that were not Lori’s??? I just can’t quite picture a judge signing off on the two extra warrants as being part of the missing kid(s) case. I’d love to see those warrants.

Lastly (though there may be more that I'm not thinking of) Lori possibly could have even been in a position to benefit financially in the event of the children's death. ... She could've even had life insurance policies on them.

I, too, am wondering about policies on the children.

I am not sure what emancipated would even mean in this situation, since she lived with mama and had no job as far as I can tell.

Emancipation is a legal status. If she was doing a lot of living with people not Lori, it’s possible. It would certainly be understandable for her to have been planning to remain in Arizona, as we’ve heard the friends say she desired.

What living was she doing with a lot of people and not Lori? She was living with Lori when Charles got shot, and she moved to Idaho with her too. And she didn't need to be legally emancipated at 17 if she wanted to live with her friend in AZ, but she didn't even do that, she moved to Idaho with Lori. For emancipation, she would have to prove she could legally support herself. And I haven't heard anything about her working to support herself. Just seems no sense to go through court and be emancipated and then still living with mama.

Last edited:
I chased down the townhomes.

Per the MSM interview with the neighbor, Lori was in #175 (it is shown when they show JJ's toys on the porch). Here is the listing from when she rented it (listing removed/rented 8/27/19):
https://www.zillow.com/homes/565-Pioneer-Rd-Apt-175-Rexburg,-ID,-83440_rb/2088542432_zpid/

And here is a separate listing for the same unit when it went up for rent again on 12/30/19 (I don't know if she broke the lease or if she had negotiated for a semester-long lease since she was "going to school"):
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/565-Pioneer-Rd-UNIT-175-Rexburg-ID-83440/234170351_zpid/

Then, Lori's "sister" (aka niece, Melani) rented the unit next door. The listing was removed/rented 10/25/19, not that long after MB texted BB that she was "moving to Boise." This unit is owned by the same landlord and managed by the same property management company as #175. Also, remember this is just speculation, but she is living there with her new spouse and AFAIK he has his kids there part time. So I hesitate to put the exact unit # out there, but obviously it is one of two, and it is the one that was rented in October. Find the listing for yourself if you want to. I hope it goes without saying to respect people's privacy. They are not POI, and we don't know their level of cooperation with the LE.

Alex rented in another building, but I don't know for sure if it was this one (listing removed/rented 8/27/19, re-listed 11/26/19):
https://www.zillow.com/homes/565-Pioneer-Rd-.num.-182-Rexburg,-ID,-83440_rb/242783578_zpid/

or this one (listing removed/rented 8/28/2019, re-listed 12/2/2019): https://www.zillow.com/homes/565-Pioneer-Rd-.num.-107-Rexburg,-ID,-83440_rb/234170324_zpid/

What we don't know is if maybe LV and AC's real sister helped them move to Rexburg? Or if it was Melani all along, but she went back and forth a bit, maybe was mostly in Arizona in between helping Alex and Lori move in early September, and moving into her own place in late October. And the neighbor just assumed. It does make me worry a bit about what else the neighbor has said that we have taken as fact.

I do think it's interesting that if MB was in Rexburg in September for at least some amount of time, but then was in Arizona on 10/2, as was Tylee's jeep, MB's travel timeline and route may be identical to, or very similar to, that of the kids. Did they all caravan down to Arizona together around 8/24/19? If Tylee and JJ never made it to AZ or Melani saw them arrive in Arizona but never saw them again, she would have to be wondering where they were!

Either she was told a very believable lie by Lori, or she knew where the kids really were (at least for the first while). Otherwise, wouldn't she sound an alarm if the children of her neighbor/aunt were suddenly gone? Best case scenario for Melani is that Lori *didn't* tell her where the kids were/what happened to them, but simply said "The kids are going to be elsewhere, and for your own good and theirs [if Lori was playing up the custody angle], I'm not telling you anything more about it." Thus saving her from having to lie when/if questioned.

JR speaking on #006 min 12:50 "The last time I talked with Chad was three weeks before Tammy died. She was going to be home. The kids were going to be home for potato harvest. And he said he would contact me after potato harvest. He sent me a text the Tuesday before Tammy died." I don't know why I'm fixated on this, but I just feel like for some reason potato harvest is significant, but maybe its just a point of reference, since its such a part of the community. MOO
Well, JJ was going to be home for a week so somebody would have to take care of him full time. If somebody didn't feel like doing that, that could have influenced the timing of whatever was done with him.

I did some Zillow/HotPads sleuthing on the Rexburg properties on Pioneer Rd. in an earlier thread. Lori's condo was taken off the rental market on 8/27. The property next door, which would be the friend/sister, was delisted on 10/25. So figure an approximate move in date of 9/1 for Lori and 11/1 for the friend/sister.

Edited to add: That's not to say that the friend/sister wasn't in Rexburg at this time. Just that she had not moved in next to Lori yet.
She could have been in and out of Rexburg initially. Alex originally was staying in Lori's townhouse before getting his own. Same could have been done with friend/sister/niece.

It was Frontierville that Tammy was playing, not Fortnite: 16- Paving the way to Paradise | cdaybell.com
But I agree with the rest. Something significant went down the week of Sept 23rd and it kicked off a string of scary/unusual events. JJ and Tylee disappear. BB gets shot at. Chad tells Tammy to go visit her parents. Tammy encounters an armed masked man in her driveway. Suddenly Tylee's Venmo account starts sending money to her brother Colby. About the same time Melani texts BB and says she is moving to Boise. Tammy drops dead, is buried and Chad moves out the day after her memorial service. Meanwhile, Tylee's friend sent a text to Tylee the same day that Tammy was found dead and there was no reply until the day after Chad moved out of his Salem house. I guess someone was a little too busy to check Tylee's phone? I wonder where that phone pinged when the return text was sent? And all that is just what little we know about that happened in the month of October. Sometime soon after all this Chad and Lori got married. I think we are looking at the tip of the iceberg.

MOO.
Oh sorry I am getting mixed up with the game names. Wasn't it also called Farmville?
September was also podcast month with Lori and Chad. Several were put out that month.

Here's a link that shows at least four podcasts that included either Chad or Lori dated July, August and September. They don't work since PAP pulled them so reference only.

Preparing A People Podcast Network

Last edited:
JR speaking on #006 min 12:50 "The last time I talked with Chad was three weeks before Tammy died. She was going to be home. The kids were going to be home for potato harvest. And he said he would contact me after potato harvest. He sent me a text the Tuesday before Tammy died." I don't know why I'm fixated on this, but I just feel like for some reason potato harvest is significant, but maybe its just a point of reference, since its such a part of the community. MOO
It might be significant because if Tammy was not at work then Chad being able to see Lori without Tammy knowing could have got more difficult.

I wonder where and when AC (or MB?) rented the vehicle which they used to travel to BB's parents farm in America Fork, UT (her trespass charge). They showed up on 2 consecutive days, I think.. Could LE find and test that vehicle for the children's DNA?
Somebody posted that it was registered to MB, so not a rental.

ETA. Another poster asked why search all 3 apartments? Well as they were looking for children it would make sense to search all 3 in case Lori had left them in one of the relatives apartments. I guess they searched any garages too as some of the apartments have garages according to reviews. MOO.

Last edited:
Is that right? Maybe I missed something else! I thought that 5 people came up from AZ to Rexburg in late Aug/early Sept: Lori, Tylee, JJ, AC, and "a friend".

I don't know, but I figured the friend was probably either ZP, Lori's sister, or Melani (the reason I thought that one of the later two might've been the "friend" was because of the reported town home rentals: Lori's, AC's, and "Lori's sister" (someone who I thought many suspected was actually MB - just being introduced as Lori's sister for some reason).

If the "friend" had been ZP, perhaps Lori's sister (or MB, being introduced as Lori's sister) came up later in Sept, or even in Oct, as you may be implying. Just cuz 3 town homes were rented doesn't mean they were rented at the same time.

So now I'm not sure.. I thought MB had left BB well before the shooting (though in retrospect I have to admit I don't really know when she left). I understood though that she texted BB right after the shooting (w/in a couple days?), saying she was moving to Boise, and I thought it was suspected that she texted from Rexburg.

I need to go do some re-reading!
In the divorce court docs that were posted it began a while before then IIRC. I'll bump the documents.

ETA it began in July - see next post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members