ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Daybell’s brother issues statement ‘pleading’ for him to cooperate with investigation

10 Jan 2020

MATT DAYBELL’S ENTIRE STATEMENT
Due to the circumstances surrounding the unknown whereabouts of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, and the suspicious death investigation of Tammy Daybell, I feel I must make an official statement at this time. My name is Matt Daybell. My wife is Heather Daybell. We have been residents of the Rexburg area for over 15 years. Chad Daybell is my oldest brother. I have not seen nor directly spoken to Chad since Tammy’s memorial here in Rexburg on October 23, 2019. Since that time, I have texted Chad twice. Once, when I heard from a neighbor of his quick marriage to Lori Vallow, expressing to him my shock and dismay at this news. Second, just recently, pleading with Chad to cooperate with authorities and reveal the whereabouts of his new stepchildren.

I have not been close to Chad since childhood. My immediate family has had little association with Chad the last many years due to our concerns with his religious claims and particular books he had chosen to publish, including his own. We are deeply saddened at the recent events that have played out the last several months. It is our hope and prayer that JJ and Tylee are safe. We want for the truth to be found – whatever that truth turns out to be. Neither I, nor my wife and children have any more information than what has been reported by the news media. I plead again for Chad to come forward and cooperate with the investigation so that this very difficult situation might be resolved. My wife and I ask for privacy for us and for our children and will not be giving any further comments at this time.

Chad Daybell's brother issues statement 'pleading' for him to cooperate with investigation | East Idaho News

AZCentral Photos from July 11, 2019 Shooting Death of Charles Vallow:

04235e00-2284-4cf8-b2ee-bbd2c1a9b066-Mesquite_Grove_Estates.jpg

The shooting occurred within the gated community of Mesquite Grove Estates.

fd4da255-1e54-46f7-a34b-008e388050d8-Shooting_occured_in_a_residential_area..jpg

The shooting occurred near 5500 S. Four Peaks Place, a home in a gated Chandler community.

b0985bad-27b1-4060-9faf-4bf7ca70f1e8-Standup_Interview_with_Seth_Tyler.jpg

Detective Seth Tyler spoke with reporters at a nearby Basha's parking lot to explain what happened early Thursday morning.

PHOTOS: A Chandler man called 911, said he shot his brother-in-law

NEW DOCUMENTS: Fox 10 has obtained the affidavit of the warrant for Alex Cox’s arrest in 2007. A detective in Texas says Cox tased Tylee Ryan’s dad Joseph twice & “made a threat to kill him.” This happened after Joseph & Lori Vallow completed a custody exchange. #fox10phoenix

EOCVE6HUEAITRgQ.jpg

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Last edited:
January 11,2020
6:00 pm Fox10 Phoenix

[...]

FOX 10 obtained an affidavit for the arrest warrant issued for Alex Cox from 2007 in Travis County, Texas. The court documents reveal Lori's brother Alex was accused of threatening to kill her ex-husband.

The second incident was at a child custody exchange in Texas, according to court documents. In 2007, Lori and her ex-husband Joseph Ryan were exchanging their daughter Tylee, when Alex followed Joseph into the parking lot wanting to talk.

There, he allegedly shocked him with a stun gun and threatened to kill him. Joseph was able to escape. That next year he pleads guilty to an aggravated assault charge in the second degree and served three months in jail.

[...]

Some remember Alex is a more positive light. He is seen on a YouTube video doing Looney Tunes impressions.

Kathy Deane, a former producer for a radio show he was featured on, says, "In all impressions, he was a good looking funny guy and like I said, charming."

Court documents: Lori Vallow's brother threatened to kill her 3rd husband in Texas

Last edited:
Principal offers explanation about why Joshua “JJ” Vallow wasn’t reported missing in September

January 11, 2020

REXBURG — One of the major questions surrounding the disappearance of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan is why the local school system didn’t report them missing last September.

Now there is an explanation. The principal of Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg, where Joshua attended, says his mother, Lori (Vallow) Daybell removed him the day after he was last seen on Sept 23.

Principal Josh Wilson told EastIdahoNews.com Friday he recalls Daybell coming to the school on Sept. 24, and telling administrators that she planned to homeschool Joshua. Daybell had enrolled Joshua at the school only three weeks prior on Sept. 3.

“It’s a common process,” Wilson says. “There was nothing at the time that would cause us any alarm.”

Wilson said in Idaho if a parent decides to homeschool their child or move they visit the school and fill out the paperwork to disenroll them. Once the child is disenrolled the school is no longer responsible for the situation.

“He wasn’t absent for months,” Wilson says. “Once they’re disenrolled we don’t track attendance.”

Additionally, the Idaho State Department of Education does “not regulate or monitor homeschool education,” or require attendance to be taken, according to the department’s website.

Principal offers explanation about why Joshua "JJ" Vallow wasn't reported missing in September | East Idaho News

January 11, 2020
Saturday

Video

Live PD on A&E on Twitter

January 12, 2020

Missing Children's grandparents appear on A&E's "Live P.D." Saturday night

Some quotes from the link:

The A&E network series “Live P.D.” featured the grandparents of two missing Rexburg youth.

Live P.D. featured missing Joshua “J.J.” Vallow and Tylee Ryan on its missing segment and interviewed Larry and Kay Woodcock Saturday night. The couple visited Rexburg on Tuesday where they held a press conference with area media at the Standard Journal. Video featuring the couple during that news conferences has been seen nationally.

“Lori started out as a great mother. She went off track once she got involved with the cult. She changed in her marriage, changed as a mother. The next thing we know, we can’t find our grandson. Nobody can find Tylee,” said Kay Woodcock.

[...]

Lori’s actions have devastated her family and left them baffled by her behavior, said the Woodcocks.

“Lori thinks she’s a god,” Kay said.

“She’s as nutty as a squirrel,” Larry Woodcock said.

The couple said, if they could talk to the two missing children, they would tell them they are loved and missed.

“J.J., please call papa. It’s time to get on the tractor. It’s time to go riding,” Larry Woodcock said.

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the missing Vallow children, they’re asked to call the Rexburg Police at 208-359-3000 or 1-800-843-5678. They may also visit the family's website www.findjjandtylee.com.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
33 mins ·
"I turned around and he hit me in the back of the head with the bat, so I went to my room and got my gun, 'cause I always carry it," Alex Cox said.

FOX 10 has obtained the police report, 911 call and the body camera footage from Chandler Police. The documents detail the perspective of Alex Cox and his sister Lori Vallow.

We've learned through the police report that Tylee Ryan picked up a metal bat before police say Charles Vallow pulled it away. Moments after Cox says he shoots Charles in "self-defense", the report reveals Lori drove off with Tylee and JJ in Charles' rental car. Lori returns later to meet with police.
Video: Body camera shows aftermath of 2019 shooting that killed Charles Vallow

Body camera shows aftermath of 2019 shooting that killed Charles Vallow

(Warning: This story contains subject matter or content that some may find disturbing. Discretion is advised.)

CHANDLER, Ariz. - On Monday, FOX 10 has obtained Chandler Police body camera video from the July 2019 shooting that killed Charles Vallow, the former husband of Lori Vallow.

[...]

The video shows officers making contact with Lori's brother, Alex Cox.

According to Chandler Police at the time, Cox shot Charles in "Self-defense" after being hit with a baseball bat. Cox told investigators that it didn’t occur to him to remain in the room and call police. Cox reported the shooting to 911.

"I got in a fight with my brother-in-law. and I shot him in self-defense," said Cox, in a 911 call obtained by FOX 10.

According to police records, Cox performed CPR on Vallow, and answered questions from investigators.

"What happened today? How did it get to this?" a police officer asked, in the video.

"I don't know. He was enraged," Cox replied.

In a police video, Cox told investigators that the two children and their mother had left the house shortly before the shooting occurred.

"It was over my sister. He was getting physical with her, so my niece came out with her bat and he took the bat away with her," Cox said.

"Wait a minute. I thought you said your niece left?" the officer asked.

"She did. this was before," Cox replied.

Moments later, Cox said he grabbed Charles from behind, and they fell to the ground. When Cox gets back up, he explains how he gets hit in the back on the head.

"I turned around and he hit me in the back of the head with the bat, so I went to my room and got my gun, 'cause I always carry it," Cox said.

Cox told officers he warned Charles to drop the bat before shooting him twice in the chest. Bodycam footage shows the investigation inside the home, as police find Charles' body on the ground

Lori returned to the scene in Charles' rental car and met with police. However, Chandler Police officials redacted the audio of the officer's interaction.

The report, however, said moments before the shooting, Lori heard the gunshot and walked from the kitchen to the living room to find Charles' body. Then she checks on the kids in the car. She almost went back inside before ultimately driving off.

Moments later, her brother called 911.

Read more: Body camera shows aftermath of 2019 shooting that killed Charles Vallow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members