ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
27 Jan 2020

[...]

According to Rexburg police, there is no evidence that the children were ever in Hawaii with Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell.

On Sunday, officers in Kaua'i served a search warrant on the vehicle the couple had been driving in Hawaii, and another warrant for their Kaua'i townhome.

As authorities continue to search for the missing children, police are also looking into the deaths of the couples former spouses.

Chad Daybell's wife Tammy died this past October in Rexburg, which police now consider suspicious.

"The more we looked into it, the more apparent it became that we needed to take a second look and so that was the reason for obtaining a court order and having the autopsy performed," said Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries.

Lori Vallow's former husband Charles Vallow was shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox this past July in Arizona.

Those two deaths are also being investigated.

"When her brother shot and killed her ex-husband, there were several people present," said Humphries. "To my knowledge, those people are all missing or all dead and the two children being two of those who are missing."

No criminal charges or arrest warrants have been issued.

Mom of missing Rexburg kids found in Hawaii with new husband

27 Jan 2020

[...]

According to a statement obtained by FOX 10's Justin Lum from Idaho authorities, a child protection action has been filed on behalf of Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan, and a court has ordered Lori to physically produce the two children to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Rexburg within five days of being served with the order.

The order, according to the statement, was served to Vallow in Princeville, which is located on the Island of Kauai in Hawaii, on January 25 by the Kauai Police Department. Daybell was with her when the order was served.

Authorities say if Vallow fails to physically produce the JJ and Tylee within the time period, she may be subjected to civil or criminal comtempt of court.

Officials say child protection actions are normally confidential and sealed to protect the annonymity of the parties, but the Madison County Prosecutor's Office has received a court order on the case to unseal and disclose various aspects of the order.

Authorities in Idaho and Hawaii say Kauai Police served a search warrant on the vehicle and persons of Daybell and Vallow on January 26. The missing children, JJ and Tylee were not with them.

joshua-tylee.jpeg.jpg

Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, are being sought by police in Rexberg, Idaho. (Photo credit: Rexberg Police Department)

According to the Kauai Police Department, they have been assisting Rexburg Police in regards to the case, and that Vallow and Daybell have been staying on the Island of Kauai for an unconfirmed period of time.

Idaho court order gives Lori Vallow 5 days to produce missing children

27 Jan 2020

REXBURG, Idaho — The mother of two missing Idaho children has until Thursday to physically bring them to authorities. J.J. Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, haven’t been seen for four months.

If Lori Vallow fails to show Tylee and J.J., she will be held in contempt of court and may go to jail indefinitely.

In a rare move, a confidential court order was unsealed, requiring Lori to bring the children to police or to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare by January 30.

“It’s a total ‘Hail Mary’ by the folks in Idaho,” Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney Greg Skordas said.

Judge orders mother to bring missing kids to court by Thursday

Grandmother of Missing Child Speaks Out After Parents Were Found in Hawaii

27 Jan 2020

[...]

Kay says she found out about the parents of the missing children, Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell being in Hawaii after she saw an East Idaho News exclusive in Kaua’I on Sunday.

[...]

“I felt like she was arrogant. She was demeaning to the kids, to not even acknowledge that they’re missing,” says Kay Woodcock, Joshua Vallow’s Grandmother.

Kay says they had a hunch the couple might be in Hawaii because that was Lori’s favorite place to be.

“Which happens to be Lori’s favorite resort in Kaua’i. I’ve stayed there several times with them, with her and Charles and the kids,” says Woodcock.

[...]

The Woodcocks say they are going to travel to Idaho Falls on Wednesday.

“It’s scary, but I’m being optimistic in saying that just the next few days will probably pass very slowly, I’m sure because we’re waiting for Thursday to get here and I just feel like there will be some kind of resolution by Thursday, Thursday at the latest. Whether it’s happy or sad, I don’t know. In the meantime we’re going to keep hoping and praying that it will be a joyous occasion Thursday,” says Woodcock.

Grandmother of Missing Child Speaks Out After Parents Were Found in Hawaii

27 Jan 2020

Nate Eaton live reporting from where Lori and Chad were staying and on Lori's ties to that location:

East Idaho News.com

East Idaho News.com

Summary:

- It's a gated resort community
- 7 of the homes sold for over $1 Million
- Lori & Chad have been renting a unit and living there
- The search warrant for the car was served to Lori & Chad outside a different resort 16 miles south of the home where they were staying
- Police took away the car, then LE went to the rented home
- EIN was there as the search concluded
- We don't know what if any evidence police took
- We don't know if Chad and Lori have been back to the house
- Lori has interesting ties to the resort where she was pulled over
- EIN will report more on the resort later
- Lori lived on the island of Kauai for several years, JJ and Tylee both previously went to school there
- Lori knows the island well
- Few people on the island were aware of the story of the missing kids until now

January 27 at 5:23 PM

WAILUA, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Kauai police and the FBI are assisting mainland investigators in a bizarre missing children’s case out of Idaho.

The children’s mother and her new husband, both of whom also have a cloud of suspicion around them following the deaths of their former spouses, have been staying on the Garden Island for months.

And they’ve been unwilling to cooperate with authorities.

On Sunday, Kauai police executed a search warrant at the Kauai Beach Resort and the couple’s rental car was also seized. But they haven’t been arrested or charged with a crime.

In September, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow mysteriously disappeared.

Their mother and her new husband did not report them missing and have not given authorities and other family members any information about the kids’ whereabouts.

Instead, authorities say the two left their home in Rexburg, Idaho in November, and have been splitting their time between the resort and a townhouse in Princeville on Kauai’s north shore.

“They’ve been on Kauai for some time that we were aware of and the mother has spent some time here over the years ― here and other islands,” said Kauai Prosecutor Justin Kollar.

Read more: After 2 Idaho kids went missing, their mom went to Kauai. Authorities followed her.

27 Jan 2020

It's not in the print story, but in the video report Jilliana Collina says, "Now this morning I spoke with Vallow and Daybell's attorney who told me, Sean Bartholick who's here in Rexbug, who told me he's still in communication with Vallow even though she is in Hawaii. He was unable to tell me whether or not she planned on presenting the kids. And that he didn't know where the kids were or if they were even alive."

Police confirm Vallow search warrant served - Local News 8

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii over 2 months in gated million-dollar community

27 Jan 2020

chad-lori-house.jpg

KAUAI, Hawaii – Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell likely spent Sunday night at the Kauai Beach Resort after local police served them with a search warrant and seized their rental SUV.

But the Daybells, who have been in Hawaii since mid-December, have been staying at a home in Princeville, a community 16 miles north of the resort where they were pulled over.

Many homes in the Princeville Resort, a gated community, cost millions of dollars and Lori Daybell had been renting a unit on Queen Emma’s Drive. Neighbors who spoke with EastIdahoNews.com say they rarely saw the couple and were unaware of the investigation surrounding Lori’s missing children, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow.

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii over 2 months in gated million-dollar community | East Idaho News

27 Jan 2020

[...]

Lori’s former sister-in-law, Kay Woodcock, says she had guessed the Daybells were in Hawaii but was not sure until she saw video of EastIdahoNews.com approaching them at the Kauai Beach Resort.

It is Lori’s favorite place on the island, according to Woodcock, and in February 2019, Lori and Tylee checked into the resort after Charles Vallow, Lori’s husband, filed for divorce. They stayed for around a month, according to resort workers, and then returned to the mainland.

Woodcock was surprised when she learned last summer that Lori was moving to Rexburg.

“She is a very cold-natured person. When she moved to Idaho, I thought that was extremely unusual because if it’s below 80 degrees, she’s cold. She’s got a jacket on,” Woodcock tells EastIdahoNews.com.

After Lori and Chad were served with warrants Sunday, they refused to answer questions posed by EastIdahoNews.com for nearly three minutes. Lori carried the warrant in her hand along with a gallon sized Ziploc bag containing a wad of cash.

“Maybe they were headed to the airport to get out,” Woodcock says, wondering if suitcases were in their vehicle.

The Daybells kept a low profile on Kauai Monday, but many people on the island were discussing the case after EastIdahoNews.com’s video went viral and multiple news agencies around the world aired the footage.

Woodcock and her husband, Larry, booked airline tickets and will be in Rexburg later this week. They hope Lori Daybell shows up with Tylee and Joshua.

“The only way we’ve been able to get through this is we have very strong faith in God,” Woodcock says. “We have a very strong support army of friends and family and everybody that has emailed or texted – plus perfect strangers that are so compassionate.”

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii over 2 months in gated million-dollar community | East Idaho News

Neighbor recalls ‘guarded’ encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii

January 28, 2020

STEVE-LATHAM.jpg

KAUAI, Hawaii — When Steve Latham meets most of his new neighbors, he finds they’re thrilled to be moving into the beautiful Villas on the Prince. The gated community of townhouse condos is on the Prince Golf Course in Princeville, Kauai, and is surrounded by palm trees, walking trails, beautiful fountains and a large swimming pool.

Latham has lived here for 10 years and is a real estate agent with Oceanfront Sotheby’s International Realty. He meets a lot of people, and when Chad and Lori Daybell moved two houses down from him early last month, he had an interesting encounter.

“About the first week of December, there were some boxes left on their porch, and I believe they were from Idaho,” Latham recalls. “I called the Realtor that had the listing, and he told me to put them inside. A few days after that, I saw them pull up and I went over and introduced myself. Their names were Chad and Lori.”

The couple was polite but seemed “guarded,” according to Latham. They didn’t open up or share anything about their personal lives but thanked their new neighbor for bringing in their three or four heavy packages.

The unit was for sale and had been vacant for some time. The Daybells did not buy the home, Latham said, but signed a contract as long-term tenants. Many homes in the community are used for vacation rentals, but Chad and Lori had more permanent plans. Latham says they bought furniture and had it moved in.

More at link: Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

BBM.

Parents of missing Rexburg children check out of Hawaii resort

28 Jan 2020

Staff members at the Kauai Marriot Resort tell KTVB that Lorie Vallow and Chad Daybell were in fact at the resort but checked out on Tuesday afternoon.

However, Vallow and Daybell could still be at the resort because they were talking about going to the pool and beach area.​

January 28, 2020

Nate Eaton - Reporter

Nate Eaton - Reporter
1 hr ·
Last night we received a solid tip that Chad and Lori Daybell had left the Kauai Beach Resort and checked into another hotel on the island with several suitcases. Their reservation was for one night. I had to catch a flight back to Idaho but some of our colleagues went to the resort. I just got this message from them:

—We got a short clip of Chad and Lori walking to the parking lot with a couple of day bags (no luggage) like they were going to the beach for the day. They spun around though and went back into the hotel lobby when they saw us. We stuck around until after checkout and they never re-emerged.—

Lori has two days to comply with the court order and have J.J. and Tylee in Rexburg. We’ll see if she shows up at this airport and returns to Idaho.

January 28,2020

What could happen Thursday in the Vallow case?

[...]

Scenario 1: Lori Vallow remains in Hawaii and ignores the court order
According to Rexburg Police, failure to comply with this order may subject Vallow to civil or criminal contempt of court. If Vallow is found in contempt, it will be left up to a judge to determine what penalty to impose on her. The judge’s decision could include extraditing Vallow from Hawaii to Rexburg.

Samuel Newton, assistant professor of law at the University of Idaho, speculated whether a judge would find extradition worth it. In Idaho, contempt of court is a misdemeanor. Per Idaho law, a misdemeanor for contempt carries a penalty of an up to $5,000 fine, a maximum of five days in jail, or both. Newton wondered whether it would be worth spending the money to extradite Vallow when she may simply choose to receive the relatively minor penalty and return to Hawaii or elsewhere afterward.

Barbara Babb, associate professor of law at the University of Baltimore and prominent American family law scholar, thought the court may still choose to pursue contempt charges that involve law enforcement extraditing Vallow and forcing her to appear before the Madison County court.

“It depends on how badly Idaho wants to find the kids. … It sounds like it’s a famous case in Idaho, so they might spend the funds to do that. (Extradition) is their best hope to try to find the kids and figure out what happened to them,” Babb said.
Once Vallow is before the court, Babb noted, the court can issue further orders in addition to the child protective action. Further orders could involve incarcerating Vallow, possibly until she agrees to cooperate in finding the children.

Scenario 2: Lori Vallow shows up to court but without the children
The court could then find Vallow in contempt of court. She could choose to either serve the contempt penalty or cooperate with the courts to produce the children. Should she fulfill the penalty rather than show the children, the criminal justice system would need to then bring new charges against her in order to take further action, said Babb. If further charges are brought against Vallow, she may be incarcerated at that time.

Due to the many deaths surrounding Vallow , if the children are never produced, many have suggested the charge could ultimately be murder. Babb noted that there have been instances of murder charges being brought without a body.

Vallow’s former husband Charles was killed in July in Arizona during an argument with her brother Alex Cox. Cox died in December of unknown causes. And Daybell’s former wife Tammy died at her Salem home in October in what police have described as suspicious circumstances. Autopsies are pending on both Cox and Tammy Daybell.

Scenario 3: Lori Vallow shows up to court with the children
There is always the chance Vallow will physically produce J.J. and Tylee to the Madison County court in Rexburg on Thursday. At that point, provided the children are proven to be safe and healthy, all investigation into J.J. and Tylee would most likely cease, Babb said. Obstruction of justice or other charges would be unlikely.

“The court has no jurisdiction regarding children unless they have been abused or neglected,” Babb said. Some have speculated that Vallow is hiding the children due to custody issues involving J.J.

“People do crazy things around families and it’s not out of the realm of possibility. (Vallow) may be afraid she is going to lose custody, or she may not want the grandparents involved in the children’s lives,” Babb said.

In that scenario, though the investigation into Vallow or Chad Daybell regarding Tylee and J.J.’s disappearance would most likely be dropped, later charges could still come out of autopsy results regarding Charles Vallow (deceased husband of Lori), Tammy Daybell (deceased wife of Chad), and Alex Cox (deceased brother of Lori) if foul play is confirmed.

What could happen Thursday in the Vallow case?

28 Jan 2020

[...]

“About the first week of December, there were some boxes left on their porch, and I believe they were from Idaho,” Latham recalls. “I called the Realtor that had the listing, and he told me to put them inside. A few days after that, I saw them pull up and I went over and introduced myself. Their names were Chad and Lori. ...”

"The unit was for sale and had been vacant for some time. The Daybells did not buy the home, Latham said, but signed a contract as long-term tenants. Many homes in the community are used for vacation rentals, but Chad and Lori had more permanent plans. Latham says they bought furniture and had it moved in. ..."

"The real estate agent doesn’t remember the last time he saw Lori, but he had a brief conversation with Chad on Friday, Jan. 24. The Idaho father told Latham he was leaving because the condo was scheduled to be shown to a potential buyer."

Neighbor recalls 'guarded' encounter with Daybells; Kauai prosecutor says missing kids have not been in Hawaii | East Idaho News

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

NEW DETAILS: When did Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell arrive in Kauai? Resident who wants to be anonymous says around 12/10. Source says he never saw kids & couple hung by pool a lot. Condo is 3BR/3BA selling for $719K. Vallow has until 5PM 1/30 to show kids are safe. #fox10phoenix

11:13 PM · Jan 28, 2020

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Garna Mejia KSL
@GarnaMejiaKSL

#Breaking- #Idaho auhorities issue order for #LoriVallow to physically bring #missing children #JJVallow and #TyleeRyan to #Rexburg this week.
@RexburgPolice
say she has been staying with her new husband #ChadDaybell in #Hawaii & there is no sign of the children.
@KSL5TV

11:01 AM · Jan 27, 2020

Garna Mejia KSL
@GarnaMejiaKSL

Just got word from #ChadDaybell and #LoriVallow’s attorney saying the couple has “no comment at this time” about this weekend’s developments or the order to bring the #missing kids to #Idaho.
@KSL5TV

11:48 AM · Jan 27, 2020

Garna Mejia KSL
@GarnaMejiaKSL

#FremontCountySheriff #LenHumphries tells me he has not received autopsy results for #TammyDaybell. He confirmed deputies did not meet w/ her family yesterday to share results. Reaching out to ME’s to see if they did, Sheriff says unlikely- his office is over the case.
@KSL5TV
12:40 PM · Jan 27, 2020

Garna Mejia KSL
@GarnaMejiaKSL

@UtahDepOfHealth
(ME’s reps) say, “Due to #Utah Medical Examiner Act, autopsy info may only be released to next of kin or law enforcement.” Meaning they can’t provide info on questions about #TammyDaybell’s autopsy. #ChadDaybell #LoriVallow
@KSL5TV
1:40 PM · Jan 27, 2020

Garna Mejia KSL on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads