Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The short video in this article from one of the ace reporters on the case (Justin Lum in Phoenix) gives a fairly comprehensive summary of the case. Kauai Police: Lori Vallow arrested, accused of felony child abandonment

Hopefully the video, plus the articles cited in response to your question, will ground you and then you can go back to the comprehensive timeline at the start of each thread with a better overall feel for the case. (The timeline, a labor of love from @Gardener1850 , has itself been used in some media, because it's both thorough and accurate.)
Thanks, I didn't mean to denigrate that incredibly detailed timeline. It gives such flavor for Lori.

It's best to read the media thread and/or watch the episode of Dateline that aired on Feb 14th: https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704
It's really too complicated to summarize quickly. There are 2 missing children and 3 to 5 dead adults, plus an attempted murder and a cult-like situation. This case is like 6 or 7 separate cases all rolled into one. The main thing to know is that all the deaths and disappearances connect to the woman just arrested: Lori Norene Cox Ryan Vallow Daybell and her latest husband, husband #5 for Lori, Chad Daybell. Chad hasn't been arrested yet but it's coming IMO.

Below are links to the most recent timeline posted (the ones at the start of the thread are older versions and much has happened-- this case has been non-stop, with new developments almost every single day since Dec 20th 2019, impossible to keep up with but I've tried. I've asked for the new links to be put at the start of the thread for the past 3 or 4 threads but our poor mods can't keep up with the pace of this case either ;) ).

Timeline links (Update 6):
Timeline Part I - (1968 - 2017)
Timeline Part II - (Dec 2017 - July 10 2019)
Timeline Part III - (11 July 2019)
Timeline Part IV - (12 July 2019 - Dec 30 2019)
Timeline Part V - (January 2020)
Timeline Part VI - (February 2020)

Thank you for your hard work. I'll make time to review this weekend. BTW, Lori sounds malicious and narcissistic.

Missing Idaho Kids Case: Chad Daybell Calls Situation 'Legal Mess' He 'Will Be Back' From On End-Times Website

Chad's comments via AVOW website owner:
"Thanks for the update. The issue is that people are linking me to Julie's beliefs, which I studied but rejected. Lori and I have been absolutely silent for three months. I am constrained by my lawyers from saying more until the legal mess is complete, but be assured I will be back," the alleged message from Chad read. "Hopefully the subscribers will be there when I can fully return to GRI [an AVOW forum] and tell my experiences. I appreciate your support."

No, Chad. The issues are: did you have any part in or knowledge of actions that caused Tammy's death? Did you have any part in or knowledge of JJ's and Tylee's disappearance? Where are Tylee and JJ?

Those are the issues. Julie's words and beliefs are irrelevant if those kids are alive and well and if Tammy wasn't murdered. Who cares about Julie Rowe?
It's unfortunate that I can only 'like' your post once. Thank you!

It is clear that Chad has lost touch with reality that he'd try pinning the blame for his legal woes on JR. Seriously?!? Firstly, that's not at all what this is about (Thanks again RS for cutting to the heart of the matter!). Secondly, he has no moral standing to even argue that he's studied and rejected Julie's teachings as he's published not one, not two, but at least three of her books. If he didn't believe her and agree with her teachings he never would have published the first one. No, I don't believe him in the slightest as he now contradicts what he himself has published about JR and her books/teachings:

6- Publishing Julie Rowe’s books | cdaybell.com

No Chad. You can't lie to us. This isn't about JR. This is about a couple of missing kids and a whole lot of suspicious deaths and activities surrounding you and your new wife. Care to explain any of this to us and/or LE? You have a captive audience eager to hear your side of the story and all the details. But please, no more lying or misdirection - all we care about is the plain and simple truth.

Now that CD and LVD are separated, obviously the dynamics of their folie a deux will change drastically. Both appear to be very manipulative and, w/o constant feeding, unmoored.

It's difficult for me to conceive of CD, unless he suicides, not reaching out in ways that will be severely detrimental to his family, esp his adult children. I hope those who know them will work to ensure they get assistance from great psychologists (expertise in family systems & religious abuse would be ideal) to help them navigate their way forward. IMHO, this whole megillah demands specialized care beyond the expertise of any bishop, spouse or friend.

RIP Tammy Daybell. You deserved so much more.

Last edited:
iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Events and Hearings

• 02/18/2020 New Case - Criminal

• 02/18/2020 Criminal Complaint

• 02/18/2020 Affidavit of Probable Cause

Comment
    Detective Ron Ball

• 02/18/2020 Warrant/Det Order Issued - Arrest

• 02/19/2020 Assignment

Comment
    by Trial Court Administrator

• 02/20/2020 Warrant Returned - Served

As I was looking at the dates, my question is what triggered this on 2/18 ? Was there a potential flight risk going on or did LE get some test results back?
    @Jethro4WS I defer to you since I keep ending up down the wrong rabbit hole in the wrong state at time MOO
I think we will learn that the trigger was the completion of certain orders in conjunction with the non-compliance by Lori in the child welfare case whose docket we haven't seen. With the courts closed on Monday due to President's Day I expect the application for the arrest warrant occurred on the first available day. I would think if there was some other trigger, such as it became known there were arrangements to leave U.S. jurisdiction that then there would not have been a two day delay between the issuing of the arrest warrant and serving it.

So this is at least an answer to those of us who have expressed frustration over the past 5 weeks, saying: "why can't they charge her with something?" "Isn't she guilty of ____?"

All the legal experts answered: "No. She's really not guilty of anything other than contempt of court". So I guess these charges are something, but they're not a lot..

I haven't looked up the penalties for felony child endangerment, but despite the incredibly high bail, I don't think any penalty/sentence Lori might receive will be very severe. And I don't expect Lori to cooperate. Not. One. Bit.

So where does that leave us with the other unsolved crimes - those which I contend were part of a conspiracy by a religious cult comprised of 4, 6, or possibly 8 individuals who believed they had been divinely selected and directed through visions to prepare for, and then lead their people in the end times which they expected would begin in July '20?

In short, I think their plan was to murder their wealthy or heavily-insured spouses before any divorces could be finalized in order to reap life insurance policy benefits (money) and acquire estate assets (money and property) that would be useful (and a source of power) in leading their people in the end times.

It's weird, because I don't consider the children's disappearance to be related to the cult's beliefs and other actions at all. It was a matter of pure selfishness - Lori just wanted to live a life of luxury, free from the hassle of raising her kids. So in that sense, it truly was a pointless crime compared to the cult crimes (which at least were based on an ideology and had a twisted purpose). Lori could've solved her problem with the children by simply cutting Tylee loose (she's 17) and giving custody of JJ over to the Woodcock's. No crime, no risk, no life in prison. What's so hard about that? So I just don't understand it.

Back to the cult-based crimes... I think unless TD's autopsy comes back showing poison, there may not be charges brought against CD. Unless MB or the shooter can be implicated in the attempt on BB's life, it may be that no one will ever be prosecuted for that crime either. And sadly, at this point, the cold blooded murder of CV by the very people he told everyone would murder him will likely go unsolved. AC is dead.

The only way to crack the cult conspiracy and conspiracy-related murders (and attempted murders) would be through either obtaining a confession / plea deal [the only realistic candidates I can think of would be: MB, the BB shooter, and a slim chance of CD (but in that case, only if Lori and/or AC were the actual murderers of TD] - or through obtaining lots of digital evidence and executing grinding police investigations. So I think LE getting their hands on mobile devices, laptops, SM, digital communications, and other digital evidence (sweeps, pings, cctv surveillance video, license plate cams, etc) is key.

I just hope there are no other members of this fanatical cult still out there, as that would perhaps mean that the lives of their respective spouses and parents might still be in danger. Jmo

Sick thought, but some people have suggested Lori and her brother Alex were physically involved. If that were true, it would explain why one or both of the kids had to be disappeared, their DNA. Probably Tylee's, but then maybe disappearing Joshua was to cover up for Tylee's disappearance.

Maybe Alex wasn't murdered, maybe he killed himself after Lori, in his eyes, left him for Chad, despite all he'd done for her.

It sounds a little Cersei/Jaime, but c'mon, Alex moved states to be right next to her and had a history of threatening and killing her ex husbands...

JJ is adopted. Lori has no biological connection to JJ whatsoever. JJ's biological father is the nephew of Lori's late husband Charles Vallow. JJ's biological grandparents are Kay and Larry Woodcock. Kay is Charles Vallow's sister. Tylee had a biological father who fought for custody of her for over a decade after he and Lori divorced so I'm pretty sure there is no dispute over who Tylee's biological father was-- if paternity was an argument Lori could have used in court she would have used it. The only reason Tylee's father is not STILL fighting for her is he died in 2018. Supposedly it was a heart attack but he was not found for a week and his body was then cremated by Lori (his ex-wife of many years who didn't even tell the rest of his family he died). Now all these other suspicious deaths and disappearances have occurred and many are wishing there was a way to re-examine the 2018 death of Joe Ryan. MOO.

Last edited:
“First of all, we wish to thank the public for the massive outpouring of concern regarding this case,” said Kaua‘i Chief of Police Todd G. Raybuck.

I believe he may just be referring to the posters put up by our own Portiz!
Those dates are telling. Yes, the 1.30.2020 date is interesting as is the Resisting on 9.8.19. Thanks for finding this.

The 1/30 date is when she failed to produce the kids in response to the court order.

The 9/8 date is presumably when Tylee was last seen

As exciting as this is, none of the charges are serious except the "abandoning the children" charges

The "solicitation charge" appears to be an alleged violation of this:

18-2001. DEFINITION OF SOLICITATION. A person is guilty of criminal solicitation to commit a crime if with the purpose of promoting or facilitating its commission he solicits, importunes, commands, encourages or requests another person to engage in specific conduct which would constitute such crime or an attempt to commit such crime or which would establish complicity in its commission or attempted commission. [Idaho Revise Statutes]

on the day of the original request for a welfare check. (11/26). It could relate to her getting Chad to lie or help her conceal the kids. If so I would think there would need to be a supporting charge against Chad soon.

I also find it hard to believe that the obstruction/resisting charge can stick. We still have a right to make the cops get a search warrant. She's not obstructing if she tells them they can't search her house. It could relate to lying to the cops about JJ's whereabouts in which case she is guilty. But it's just a misdemeanor.

Seems to me if she produces the kids she is getting off easy.

Most important is there are two children missing. Lori refuses to say where they are or what happened to them. That is the primary objective.

There are the deaths of her husband in July, Chad's wife in October, and Lori's brother in December - who had only been married just 14 days prior. There is a drive by shooting on her niece's ex-husband (before the divorce was final). There were two rapid marriages Lori and Chad 16 days after Chad's wife died. Her niece Melani 36 days after her divorce.

The details and rabbit holes associated with the various individuals and events only lead to more rabbit holes. How many of those end up being a part of what the hell was going on is all yet to be seen.

Also, someone with a gun and disguise approached the deceased wife of Chad similarly to the attempted shooting of nieces ex-husband.

Wow she looks angry, old, and bitter!!! It's about time!!!

What's next?

If you compare Nate's famous video from just weeks ago, to the pics and video from last weekend in Maui, Lori and Chad went down fast. They are not sleeping, or something.

I have seen this in a few fem fatale cases. In three of them charges were never brought. But life after was not kind and they were dead in five years.

True crime is interesting stuff.

If you compare Nate's famous video from just weeks ago, to the pics and video from last weekend in Maui, Lori and Chad went down fast. They are not sleeping, or something.

I have seen this in a few fem fatale cases. In three of them charges were never brought. But life after was not kind and they were dead in five years.

True crime is interesting stuff.
And having a long-distance affair is so very different than living with someone.... Much less living under such stressful scrutiny. I wonder if they even enjoy each others' company at this point--despite all the hand holding. Although being in this kind of "us against the world" situation could psychologically "bond" them, I suppose.

I've been holding out hope in the 51/49% range with an occasional flip flop that the children are still alive. But I'll admit, having Tylee disappear (9/8) for a lengthy amount of time before JJ (9/23) really puts a damper on my hopes!

LVD and CD certainly never expected this case to blow up in the media like it has. And the kids went missing long before anyone was even really looking for them. Which means the motive for their disappearance had to be evident by September. What information existed then that might motivate a disappearance?
1. Info re: CV death
2. They were already "dead" and replaced by evil spirits?
3. They were in the way
4. KW gets $1M life insurance policy--to spite them?
5. others??

It just doesn't seem plausible that custody was an issue at all at that point. CV was dead and case closed (as far as LVD was concerned), grandparents have few to no rights, crazy statements were all basically hearsay at that point, institutions had released LVD without psychological issues. She was also well acquainted with the custody process and laws. And if they are being hidden away for doomsday, why go into hiding 10 months early??

I'd love to hear some arguments for hiding them that I'm overlooking, if only to keep my hopes up.

If they believe the world is ending this year, then they'd want to get a bunker arranged. Perhaps she put the kids there early for fear of losing custody- i.e. believing that KW and LW will sue for custody because of the suspicious death of CV. In the case of lost custody, she could not ensure their "safety". Or perhaps just hiding them to avoid a custody battle regardless of the world ending or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1