Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially her attorney is Craig De Costa, the former prosecuting attorney on the island of Kauai. (Basically the county prosecuting attorney at some point in the past.) Hawaii has 5 counties. The 4 biggest islands are each a county with the smaller islands around each being included in that county, with one exception, a small section of one island where a former leper colony was is a county of its own.

Adam Herbets on Twitter

The guy there today wasn't De Costa, but presumably someone else from his law firm.
She the lawyer who made a statement on her behalf in December is no longer a part of this? She has no ID legal team? Thanks in advance for your help

Also I thought it was interesting when her lawyer said she was she was missing and they couldn’t find her after she was arrested. I wonder what that was about? How strange is that? I kind of chuckled when I heard her attorney say that. Hmmm..
The issue of questioning without representation. Here's what was said in the hearing.

Mr. Hempey (Lori's lawyer): "Mr. DeCosta was calling cell block and they told him, 'she's not here' and basically she was M.I.A. for hours and we learned since that the Idaho police were questioning her while the Kauai, at the, with the Kauai police while they knew she was represented by counsel. Um. Um. It's just another reason to get this done faster."

If true, that's disconcerting.

Also... isn't "get this done faster" like the slogan for their whole evident actions?
Lori expecting CV to die any day.
CV dies, pool party that afternoon.
Sudden move to Idaho.
Chad expecting Tammy to die.
Tammy dies.
Rush to get her funeral and burial.
Rush to leave the house in Salem.
Rush to Hawaii
Rush to get married (three different marriages rushed)
In and out of the storage unit in minutes each visit.
Rush to flee after lying to LE
Rush family vacation
Rush back to Hawaii
...end of the world in July 2020 is even a rush to get this done faster.

Men don't typically commit suicide by poison. If reports are true that he was all in on the Chad and Lori are gods train, then it's possible he took one for the team and tried to make it look like a natural death or accidental OD. Maybe Chad and Lori told him he needed to go and take care of the kids on the other side of the veil.

I presume that they (Chad and Lori) told Alex he was one of the chosen 144,000, thus marriage to ZP. I don't think it was suicide.

I can't say I felt bad for Chad but his shirt sleeves were about 4" too long covering half his hand. Old shirt from Idaho, before weight loss? Come on, spend a dolla.
Yea, he just got 430,000 of Tammy's life insurance, he could spend a little. But I think orange jumpsuit would look so much better on him.

Did I hear her lawyer correctly that she may not fight extradition if the bail was lowered?
I don't think so. I think you are talking about the part where they're setting a date for the extradition hearing. If the bail stayed the same, they want the hearing on Monday. If it's lowered, they can push it a little later (because she would be able to make bail and wouldn't be in jail for long). That's how I heard it. MOO.

be1314dd-479c-46ca-a7e3-b2e5ec4a9864_750x422.jpg

e00af4bb-2eed-471a-93fb-682b5aee7e0b_750x422.jpg

Just catching up again here (from Australia)... I only just saw the information that there has been an arrest. Is there a land search taking place around Yellowstone National Park at all?
We just came home from Yellowstone. It is almost completely closed due to heavy snows this time of year. You can only go in to the park with a guide in a snowcoach or snowmobiles. Very limited access right now.

She the lawyer who made a statement on her behalf in December is no longer a part of this? She has no ID legal team? Thanks in advance for your help

I don't know. But he would have issues representing her in Hawaii, so she has an attorney there. Presumably the other guy will take over again when she lands in Idaho.

Basically my interpretation is that they (a) knew they weren't going to go back to Idaho and present the kids (b) realized this meant that at some point Lori was probably going to be arrested and (c) let the police know on the earliest day that they could do anything about this that she was represented.

Am I right to think LE effed up here? What are the potential repercussions? Her attorney made the point and the judge basically ignored it here, but I could see it coming back to haunt them at some point. Or will it not be an issue if she didn't give them any information they can use?

I think LE effed up. But I don't really think it will matter. They have a mountain of evidence. Likely anything she told them during that particular session would be inadmissible. But so what?

I would imagine it went something like this:

Cop: Lori, just tell us where the children are. If they are safe we'll check in on them and this will all go away.
Lori: (silence and indignant glaring)
Cop: Are they with a friend or relative?
Lori: (more silence)
Cop: People all over the world are looking for them. We will find out what happened to them eventually.
Lori: (more indignant glaring)
Cop: The longer you drag this out the worse it will be for you.

Anyway, so the fact that she was silent and gave the cop the evil eye will be inadmissible at her trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janeyd