Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing there are a lot of people newly thrown by seeing Lori in jail. ;)

Yeah, that's what I think too. Adam Herbets (?) could have formulated that sentence quite a bit better; but he was probably rushing to get all his thoughts down.

Even with Alex dead those around Lori who know, will be trying to shift any of that knowledge to blame others. The first to sing would get the deal I guess. I think that is what we are seeing now.

New member here. This story is fascinating and horrible at the same time. In the beginning I believed CD was as responsible as LVD. The more I see him in some of the posted videos, the more I believe she is the only one responsible, including his wife’s demise. I think he has been scammed beyond belief by her.
If we can ever find out when Chad and Lori met--I could come to agree with you... IF it was before JR's death in 2018.... collusion/corruption might have been at work that early. But I am not there yet. AND he was willing to go after that money of Tammy's, the scum. He must be held accountable too.

New member here. This story is fascinating and horrible at the same time. In the beginning I believed CD was as responsible as LVD. The more I see him in some of the posted videos, the more I believe she is the only one responsible, including his wife’s demise. I think he has been scammed beyond belief by her.
Do we have any clarity on what insurance money might have been paid out for JR's death... IIRC I think he died 4/2018... I thought i had read that Lori was the only one mentioned as beneficiary....

Newly revealed information had quite the opposite effect on me. If there was any doubt as to his involvement in (or at least knowledge of) the children's disappearance, that is gone now.

How much time was between shooting and storage unit siting? That was so many threads ago I can't remember and I don't see it on timeline.
2nd Oct 2019:

BB called 911 after the shooting, at 9:14am.

The time on the clock at the storage unit (this assumes the clock is showing MST, and is correct) when Lori and a man are seen is 1:28pm. With daylight savings this is actually 12:28pm in Gilbert AZ, so a little over 3 hours after the shooting.

2nd October was a Wednesday and unless flight schedules were differrent then I don't see any non-stop flights from Arizona to Idaho on Wednesdays. This is going from memory because I looked into this over a week ago, but I think non-stop flights are only available on that route Thursdays and possibly Sundays, so all other days you have to make a stop over in Salt Lake City increasing the journey time to something like 5 hours+.

moo

2nd Oct 2019:

BB called 911 after the shooting, at 9:14am.

The time on the clock at the storage unit (this assumes the clock is showing MST, and is correct) when Lori and a man are seen is 1:28pm. With daylight savings this is actually 12:28pm in Gilbert AZ, so a little over 3 hours after the shooting.

2nd October was a Wednesday and unless flight schedules were differrent then I don't see any non-stop flights from Arizona to Idaho on Wednesdays. This is going from memory because I looked into this over a week ago, but I think non-stop flights are only available on that route Thursdays and possibly Sundays, so all other days you have to make a stop over in Salt Lake City increasing the journey time to something like 5 hours+.

moo
Flying was never a logical option to me anyway. The people involved previously only used cars on the AZ-ID route. I'd like to know when the Jeep returned to Rexburg and if the rifle used in the attempt on Brandon was spotted on the storage footage.

I have been lurking and trying to catch up for weeks, literally. But I finally have so I have another thought to add, just some cultural insight.

LDS people do believe in preparedness, and we are taught it's a good thing. We are advised to prepare financially to be out of debt and have some back up savings in case of long term illness or accident, or loss of employment. We are taught to have 72 kits or bug out bags and emergency plans in case of house fire, or natural disaster and so on. We are taught to have food storage in case of shortages, employment gaps, or even possible quarantine situations... Just general concepts of being prepared because it promotes faith instead of fear - and financially it's just wise.

Prepping is taking this to more of a hobby level and sometimes to extreme levels. My own father went through a prepper stage where he built a brick oven in the yard for outdoor cooking in case they needed it. They dug a well so they have water supply not connected to the city if they need it. They have a solar generator and battery storage unit in a faraday cage as well as about 2+ years food storage for them and many others. This is beyond what is currently counseled by the church. They have done so because they can and because they want to, but that level is not part of any of our specific beliefs.

My reason for being interested in this case is that I'm not close enough to be a VI sort of person, but I'm one step away in many directions. I'm part of many groups of people who study the end times prophecies, and have heard a lot of these various ideas. I have rejected the ones that are not doctrinal and more extreme... but I have been invited to events by that company we don't name, and I have been invited to join AVOW by various people. I have an uncle who goes to AVOW to talk with his ham radio buddies. (another prepping concept) I know two authors that published through Chad personally, and one of them is a VERY close friend an she was the one who told me about this case. We talk at least weekly. Facebook seems to think that Jason Mow should be my friend as he's at the top of all the suggestions they give because of so many mutual friends.

Because of that.. here's what I'm seeing - There are many who study and are interested in the end times type things in the LDS church. There are three types. The first type sticks only to scriptures and prophetic sayings. The second type looks beyond that and includes personal revelation, discussion with others about non doctrinal speculation... and the third type is so HUNGRY for this kind of stuff not coming directly from the church leadership and the pulpit that they cling to anyone claiming to have more info, people like JR the author and Chad and so on... Lori fits this third type to a T but add in some serious psychosis and fanaticism. It's that third group that are the ones who go off the rails and go looking for anything to satisfy curiosity and impatience in this regard. I recently explained to someone else that though the LDS church says "latter-day" referring to last days type of things, they were named this back in 1830... it's been almost 2 centuries of "last days". This third kind of person is not always involved with AVOW and with that group we don't name or even with cultish behavior - BUT a subset of that sort is! I've suddenly become aware of how many on my friends lists on social media are in that kind of mindset. It's made me a little sick to see how close it is to me all over the place.

The trend I've seen is that third group, especially when radicalized like Lori and Chad seem to be - tend to go pretty drastic and do really strange things believing angels and God are instructing them to do so. I learned yesterday there is a girl I grew up with who is also part of Chad's group, was told by this group that she is one of the 144k and so she divorced her husband and moved to Missouri and is in "waiting" to be called upon. This kind of behavior in the third type I named has been spoken against by church leadership over and over and over again as recently as last October's conference for the worldwide church.

Not sure if all this rambling helps anything... just some insight I guess. (I'm sorry I'm long winded)

I hope the girl's ( that you grew up and is newly divorced and moved to Rexburg and is one of the 144,000) ex-husband is in good health, and continues to be iykwim.

OK sure.

I am a bit old school on the approach to evidence and the difference between court ready versions and wild speculation.

No doubt there may be attempts by defence counsel to speculate into existence wild theories about the kids being safely hidden, but as we know, there is currently no circumstantial evidence to support the idea, and the accused herself has never claimed it. Indeed the accused said her daughter died!

So I see significant problems with LV now trying to run a positive version of the end of times stashing story

1. As far as we know, she never made any contemporaneous claims in that direction. Of course failure to give a version to police cannot be used against her, but it does create an evidential problem for LV - i.e an absence of evidence to counter the other admissible lies she told.

2. Standing up a version FOR REALS requires some evidence. Presuming LV cannot testify herself (trainwreck time), how can the version be evidenced? It's too late for LV herself to say it, unless she either does a police interview, or exposes herself to X. This isn't like saying the kids were abducted by the BIG BAD. Counsel can't stand up and say - don't worry members of the jury, the kids are safely somewhere!

Is there a miracle corroborating witness somewhere? Did they go to the church meet and tell some people the kids are stashed to manufacture some witnesses? We just don't know.

At best LV is going to have some vague BS about some culters stashed their kids in some other cases, therefore LV also did that. But you know, that is the weakest of week old sauce.
IMO most likely defense:

1). Alex took the children someplace safe but she didn’t want to know where because that would put them in some kind of danger. Then Alex died and she doesn’t know where he took them.

2). She thought Alex took them someplace safe and he was watching out for them. Then he died and she learned they weren’t “there” after all. Now she’s afraid Alex snapped and killed them because he was crazy and thought they were Zombies. Then must killed himself out of remorse.

However she spins it, it will all be Alex’s fault and she thought the kids were fine.

Alex The Blame Sponge’s death was awfully convenient for her, wasn’t it? Especially happening so shortly after somebody noticed the kids were gone. Will anyone be surprised if he happened to procure a life insurance policy before dying (w/ LV or her new BFF Z as beneficiary)? I won’t.

I think Chad’s darn lucky that thing got locked up before engineering his tragic demise (and collecting his life insurance and whatever’s left of Tammy’s $430K).

Who else thinks LV’s nothing but a murderous greedy grifter masquerading as a prophet and savior. And deluded, lust-struck Chad her latest mark.

Welcome, Iliveonaboat! I hope you will post more and won't take the following as anything personal, but I have some questions about your theory that Chad has been scammed by Lori.

If that's the case, then why do you think Chad lied to police about his relationship with Lori? After he was already married to her he pretended he didn't know her very well, lied about not having her phone number and tried to drive away while police were attempting a welfare check of JJ. Then Chad also reportedly called his and Lori's friend Melanie Gibb and tried to convince her to lie to the police and say that JJ was with her in AZ. He also told police he saw Lori's son JJ sometime in October but he told his parents in November that Lori is an "Empty Nester" and has no minor children. If Chad is innocent in all of this, why the lies in Nov? And why remain silent and seemingly in support of Lori? Why not issue a statement through a lawyer afirming his innocence? He could tell his many followers and fans of his book that he was blindsided by all this and that he is praying for the children to be found. He could also work with the police to try to get his wife Lori to talk and tell what she knows. So far we haven't seen any positive steps from Chad in the direction of doing the right thing. Now don't get me wrong, I thought at the very beginning Chad might have been naive and totally duped by Lori. I'm past thinking that, however. Chad is showing us who he is-- and it is becoming more apparent everyday as he continues to stand by Lori and refuses to help the police find JJ and Tylee. I continue to hope he will crack and tell what he knows.

MOO.
dbm

Welcome, Iliveonaboat! I hope you will post more and won't take the following as anything personal, but I have some questions about your theory that Chad has been scammed by Lori.

If that's the case, then why do you think Chad lied to police about his relationship with Lori? After he was already married to her he pretended he didn't know her very well, lied about not having her phone number and tried to drive away while police were attempting a welfare check of JJ. Then Chad also reportedly called his and Lori's friend Melanie Gibb and tried to convince her to lie to the police and say that JJ was with her in AZ. He also told police he saw Lori's son JJ sometime in October but he told his parents in November that Lori is an "Empty Nester" and has no minor children. If Chad is innocent in all of this, why the lies in Nov? And why remain silent and seemingly in support of Lori? Why not issue a statement through a lawyer afirming his innocence? He could tell his many followers and fans of his book that he was blindsided by all this and that he is praying for the children to be found. He could also work with the police to try to get his wife Lori to talk and tell what she knows. So far we haven't seen any positive steps from Chad in the direction of doing the right thing. Now don't get me wrong, I thought at the very beginning Chad might have been naive and totally duped by Lori. I'm past thinking that, however. Chad is showing us who he is-- and it is becoming more apparent everyday as he continues to stand by Lori and refuses to help the police find JJ and Tylee. I continue to hope he will crack and tell what he knows.

MOO.
dbm
My theory was that she ordered the attempt on BB in order to take the children.

Me either. Nate! we need clarification.

Agreed. I'll certainly feel safer with her in custody.

IMO most likely defense:

1). Alex took the children someplace safe but she didn’t want to know where because that would put them in some kind of danger. Then Alex died and she doesn’t know where he took them.

2). She thought Alex took them someplace safe and he was watching out for them. Then he died and she learned they weren’t “there” after all. Now she’s afraid Alex snapped and killed them because he was crazy and thought they were Zombies. Then must killed himself out of remorse.

However she spins it, it will all be Alex’s fault and she thought the kids were fine.

Alex The Blame Sponge’s death was awfully convenient for her, wasn’t it? Especially happening so shortly after somebody noticed the kids were gone. Will anyone be surprised if he happened to procure a life insurance policy before dying (w/ LV or her new BFF Z as beneficiary)? I won’t.

I think Chad’s darn lucky that thing got locked up before engineering his tragic demise (and collecting his life insurance and whatever’s left of Tammy’s $430K).

Who else thinks LV’s nothing but a murderous greedy grifter masquerading as a prophet and savior. And deluded, lust-struck Chad her latest mark.

This

Even if Alex had life insurance, I wouldn't think his insurance company would have paid anyone yet for it as his cause of death hasn't been determined?? They would need his death certificate first, no? It's pretty much been tied up in an investigation since he died, so IMO, regardless of who is beneficiary, I don't think anyone has collected thus far on his death. MOO.

Yea, we need to find out if AC had any insurance on him. And who was the beneficiary if he did.

Yes, yes.... where is Nate. He definitely knows more...Ohhhh... When can we sleuth MBP... There is "stuff" out there on her new husband. But I am certain Nate knows more because he is professionally connected to the head of the company that IP works for. I am sensing that Nate is going to eventually come out with a bombshell...

Chad is no victim. She went off the rails after studying his books. They both had delusions of grandeur and fed off each other IMO. Both are greedy and evil.

I would think Alex knew where bodies were buried. Maybe literally. And that could be a reason why he is now dead too.
As so much "seems to be exploding"... I am beginning to consider Alex as a suicide.... for HIM, the news that LE was doing the child welfare at the end of November...I think he was feeling "everything was exploding" THEN... If ZP talked she could explain his state of mind at that time... On the other hand, just as LV had tried to convince Melanie to lie, and ZP was so close to LV, and Melanie and ZP are immediate neighbors... perhaps LV just convinced ZP to do the dirty work.

Justin Lum says that Melani and IP are now living in Arizona. Justin called her, but she replied it was the wrong number.

After IP revealing things about Melani's involvement as stated in Brandon's documents, I'm surprised that IP and Melani could still be together.
Still catching up so this may have been addressed already. Lum says Melani moved, I didn't hear him mention that IP is with her.

ETA - just caught up with your reply that it's in the comments beneath the video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member